Let's get one thing straight...whenever you stay in a hotel you should align your expectations as honest as possible. Just because you saw this hotel on tv does not mean its better or worse than any other. I'd advise going into any hotel stay with a lower than normal expectation so there is room to be surprised.
In my case, I was very surprised at my 5 night stay while on business in the Palm Springs area.
Food: Norma's breakfast is the best food I've ever eaten at a hotel. While on the pricey side, it's heavenly and presented very well. You must try the Wa'za (see photo). It is hard to believe other reviews could compare this to drive thru quality?
Room Service: HUGE portions (club sandwich could feed 2 people). Always arrived before estimated time and tasted great.
Guestrooms: I stayed in the North Tower (view of residential neighborhood) in a Deluxe King Room. The most charming hotel room I've seen to date. The decor is colorful and personal. It's almost as if you are staying in someone's private home. The L'Occitane and Peter Thomas North toiletries are a huge plus! Despite others, no mildew smell WHATSOEVER anywhere on property. Great rugs alongside the 4 poster canopy-style beds. The exposed brick wall is very mid-century modern-esque. Oh, and it's approx 475sq ft. Very clean.
Hotel Grounds: Gorgeous! The small gravel paths lead guests to and from the main lobby, pool areas, and spa. During the day you can spot hummingbirds feeding on various flowers and at night guests can relax by an outdoor fire pit. The Santa Rosa mountains are beautiful from the courtyard area. The weather in PS is perfect.
Pools: Food and Beverage service is available by the pool. Both pools are heated year round but the hot tub is only heated (currently) to a lukewarm 84 degrees. Towels and padded lounge chairs are provided. Very relaxing and quiet.
Check in: I booked through Hotels.com and had ZERO problems upon check in. They actually upgraded me to the Deluxe King without even asking. Hotels.com had a great deal for this property too!
Other: Don't forget, the resort fee is $30 per day and includes your wireless internet, valet parking, and room delivered newspaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine spending a weekend at your great aunt's home, an extremely elegant lady of indeterminate age. Her home, the Parker Palm Springs, is full of the kind of patina achieved by always purchasing the best, knowing that living well ages all things with a particular beauty. What is Happy Luxe? Happy Luxe is luxury without formality, beauty without pretension, elegance with comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parker Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Meridien Palm Springs
- Parker Hotel Palm Springs