Los Arboles Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Movie Colony Hotel(Palm Springs)
  • Restaurant
Alcazar Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
Great 4.5/5
Colony Palms Hotel(Palm Springs)
Very Good 4/5
WorldMark Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
Andreas Hotel & Spa(Palm Springs)
Skylark Hotel(Palm Springs)
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn(Palm Springs)
Excellent 5/5
    All reviewsmexican restaurantadjoining restaurantfront deskboutique hotelstay was wonderfulspanish stylethis wonderful hotelrooms are beautifulwould definitely stay here againlove this placepoolside servicebed was very comfortablerestaurants and shoppingdowntown palm springschecking inlovely poolpool area
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights here. My room faced the restaurant and I enjoyed the guitar music on Sunday. There is a wall of greenery between the restaurant and the rooms. My room was nice, bed soft, flat screen TV, bathtub, adequate storage, and I had a coffee maker and a fridge (maybe the owners listened to some of the previous reviewers). The service was good. The restaurant is next door and the food is good. It was good value for the money. I was walking so it was close enough to walk to the downtown area. I did not use the AC or the internet. I enjoyed my stay. The only drawback is the office hours as they close at 5 pm.

Room Tip: If you are coming by taxi or even by car be sure to tell your driver that the entrance is off the back off Via Altamira!
    • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
    2  Thank Cultuslakenurse
    Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location was great and close to both restaurants (especially close to El Mirasol seeing as how they are attached, which was pretty ok) and the conference center where I walked to every day I was there, although the taxi driver had no idea where to drop us off. The room itself was very cutely styled and clean. Everyone at the hotel was helpful, especially the front desk workers, at least when they were open. They probably shouldn't really say they have WiFi because it was spotty at best and mostly useless the entire time I was there. The water in the shower was pleasantly scalding and adjustable, unlike what some reviewers have said. My room faced the restaurant and could get a bit noisy at prime dining time, but luckily my air conditioning unit was loud enough to drown out any noise at all and provided good enough white noise for me to sleep very soundly. I was quite pleased with every aspect of the hotel until I woke up at 4am on my last morning to get ready to leave to catch a 6am flight to find that my water wasn't working!! I've never encountered this problem at a hotel EVER, and I had no idea what to do since the front desk was closed and I didn't have an emergency number to call. I resolved to just brush my teeth at the airport and deal with bedhead when 15 minutes before I had to leave it miraculously came back! After the fastest shower of my life, I left the hotel knowing that I would have to write a somewhat negative review. There are only really two things that a reasonable hotel needs to provide its patrons: a bed and running water. Since Los Arboles was unable to deliver that, even if only for a few minutes, I don't know if I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't facing the restaurant if noise bothers you and you don't like to sleep with an A/C unit running to drown it out.
    • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
    3  Thank ChristinaElaine
    LosArbolesPS, Owner at Los Arboles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Christina ... sorry for the water problems during your visit. We had someone (prankster?) shut off our main water valve from the city overnight and it took us a while to figure out what was going on. We have since padlocked the valve in then open position. But our solution is a little too late to help you ... so please accept our apologies and if you do give us a try on your next visit to Palm Springs, I can assure you that it will not happen again.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We didn't mind no phones in the room, but an intermittent, low quality, constantly quitting internet connection is not acceptable to us. In addition, since the front office closes at 5PM, the only staff to question was the waitress in the on-site Mexican restaurant, who had no clue what to do. The situation was the same in the AM after 8AM when the front office opens- the on-site young female had also no clue. The motel is as cute as the photos, but the owner is clearly not spending any money on maitenance-the wall AC/heater groans and chuggs like an old farm tractor so you can't run it at night. Our iron was broken, and the bath room door squeaked like Inner Sanctum, so if you're and elderly man as I am and have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom you'll be sure to wake your wife up.
    With no internet connection we would never stay here again, and suggest you avoid it also.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank parkinsd

Dear Pakinsd,

Thanks for your comments! We appreciate all of our guests and the feedback, both great and not so great that they pass on to us! We are especially grateful to learn from other perspectives...your perspective has us buzzing! We are currently remapping the entire wireless system for our beautiful property! This should eliminate any issue that you may have had during your stay.

This is, as you noticed during your stay, a one of a kind beauty located right downtown in Palm Springs! We will continue to take our guest comments seriously and act on all that need our attention. Thanks Again for your comments!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We only spent one night at the Los Arboles and would definitely stay there again for the fact
    that the rooms were clean, and the hotel had all we needed - a great restauant, bar and, of course, the pool. The hotel would remind you of a western type of place with wood beams
    in the ceiling and pretty art inthe rooms. We got our deal on Bloomspot, and with our room we
    received the best guaqcamole I have ever tasted and two quite potent margaritas. Such a deal, but next time we'll pay full price...I liked it.

Room Tip: Room 139 is in the back away from noise and has a fireplace right above the huge tub.
    • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
    1  Thank flatbush5
    Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very quaint boutique hotel with a small pool, spa and comfy chaise lounges...Nice Mexican restaurant next door which also provided poolside food or in your room. A little disorganized on the lobby/restaurant side but very friendly (lobby lost our certificate so they wouldn't give us complimentary margaritas we had on our gift certificate; waitress forgot our order at pool etc....) Suggestions to improve rating: Give better instructions on checking in as to amenities and housekeeping etc so we know what to expect... Add a snack bar or vending machine for water bottles/nuts/pretzels... as there is no store or deli without walking several blocks. Need full length mirror in room; maybe magnifying mirror. Could use softer blankets & sheets. AC/Heating system very noisy. Walls VERY thin, so don't put quiet couple next to loud singles!

Room Tip: Ask for an end room ... not near loud partiers or the pool gate which slams :)
    • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank Sherrich
    LosArbolesPS, Owner at Los Arboles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Sherrich ... thanks for the feedback. We are striving to continually improve and comments like yours really do help us focus in on areas that can be improved. Appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions. ¡Gracias!