“The WOW Factor”
Review of Los Arboles Hotel

Los Arboles Hotel
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Wow Factor! I brought a group of ladies to Los Arboles Hotel for a retreat for the first time and we were all blown away. Everything was taken care of before we even anticipated it. I was able to fully focus on leading the retreat knowing we were in great hands.

The rooms were lavish and so comfortable. The meeting room created a beautiful home for our workshops and meditations over the weekend and the staff truly went above and beyond.

The food, yum! It's rare that with a group everyone is happy...but everyone was happy with the selections the Catering Director - Cassie made for us. She even accommodated many of the participants dietary needs and made gluten free black bean empanades and gluten free banana pancake, delicious.

From the welcome reception on the upper patio with the mountains in the background and tray passed appetizers and special fizzy drinks - to the jump in the pool I made the ladies do to dive into the year all the way to the check out with the sounds of live acoustic guitar playing in the restaurant... it was perfect. No surprise that next years January retreat is almost sold out before we even hit February 1st!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marianne J
LosArbolesPS, Owner at Los Arboles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice comments ... we really enjoy hosting small groups at Los Arboles and get a lot of satisfaction when we read that our food and hospitality helped to make your event a success. ¡Gracias!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. We were a rather large group and had many needs which were always taken care of. The food is wonderful made from scratch. I reccomend the chicken mole. The staff were very attentive to our needs. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a lovely and friendly little place (21 rooms). I like the fact that it is a block away from Palm Canyon Drive as it gives the place a quiet ambiance, yet is within walking distance to the many shops and restaurants. My room was clean and nicely furnished. I had a wonderful, restful sleep in a very comfortable bed. The bathroom lighting was a little bit dim. My meal at El Mirasol, chicken with a sauce made from pumpkin seeds and dried chilies was unique and delicious. I certainly would recommend staying here and plan to do so again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank joan marie s
LosArbolesPS, Owner at Los Arboles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thanks for your nice comments about Los Arboles Joan ... glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. The dish you enjoyed at El Mirasol made from a roasted pumpkin seed sauce was the Chicken in Pipian Sauce. The dish is from my wife's family recipe and is a big favorite with our staff. !Gracias!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I saw this deal on Groupon and decided to give it a shot. I thought the location was pretty good. Although it wasn't on Palm Canyon Drive, it was just a short walk or away. We really enjoyed walking to Birba each night for dinner and drinks. The staff was also friendly and upon arriving they walked us to the room and showed us how the heater worked. The room was also clean.

The hotel itself is average. It doesn't offer anything special and lacks things you would see at other hotels such as a fridge, phone, decor, etc... None of those things are essential for us, but it would have made the ambiance a bit better. Since it's a small hotel with all rooms mostly centered around the pool, we spent the entire time with the blinds and curtains shut, so it was a little dark and wasn't a place you would want to spend a lot of time in.

I think the biggest downfall was the noise. The guests were all respectful when it came to the noise, but our room was so close to the gate entrance that all we heard the first night was the opening and closing of the gate every time a guest was entering or leaving their room.

If I saw this hotel on Groupon again, I'd think about purchasing it again, but I wouldn't stay here if it was full price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the entrance of the gate
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel; quaint hotel with charming rooms. But an hour after napping on the bed I woke with several red bites on my arms. After examining the sheets, there were black flakes, like pepper, and linear dark stains consistent with bed bug signs. We went to the front desk to inform the manager, but no one was there. When we checked out, the woman at the front desk looked at the bites I showed her, but there was no record made, or even receipt for my stay. Just be careful...

6  Thank Melissa Z
LosArbolesPS, Owner at Los Arboles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Melissa ... so sorry to hear of your experience and thank you for bringing it to our attention. My apologies that our staff member did not immediately take note and call our manager to investigate as we should have. No excuses - but since opening Los Arboles in 2011 - we have never dealt with this issue. As such, I suspect our front desk person simply did not know how to appropriately respond. Again, my apologies. Let me assure you that our team takes this very seriously and have called professionals to investigate and take action as needed. From my initial conversation with the professionals I learned that hotels that cater to guests who travel internationally deal with this issue periodically. As soon as we receive the assessment of the experts (tomorrow) ... we will be follow any and all of their recommendations. Melissa, I am truly sorry and I thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I took my girlfriend here this past weekend for a romantic getaway. The check in was simple and quick. The front desk clerk was great. Very friendly and willing to help. We asked for a few suggestions of live music. He wasn't sure, but brought a print out from to our room after we checked in. Very helpful. We went for breakfast at the Mirasol the next morning, very good food and excellent coffee. There was live music on the patio that afternoon. We didn't have a chance to go listen, but it sounded great as I walked by. The hotel is close to the down town area and very convenient. Over all I was very impressed and will make a point to go back.

1  Thank Siningpineslodge
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My stay at this boutique hotel was great! The hotel was relatively quiet and the stay was pleasant. The gentleman at the service desk was very helpful and gave great recommendations for restaurants and bars. There are quite a few that have great food and are within walking distance of the hotel. The only thing I didn't like was that the tv was a bit small for my liking and there wasn't 24 hour access to hotel staff in the event of a last minute request. From 10pm to 8am or so the front office is closed. I suggest you ask for the business managers card in the event that you need something during these hours. Otherwise they were very accommodating and my stay was fun. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the pool, otherwise there isn't much of a view of anything.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miss W
LosArbolesPS, Owner at Los Arboles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Appreciate your nice comments about the Los Arboles staff Miss W. We are lucky to have such a great team. Thanks for the review and we look forward to seeing you back in Palm Springs soon!