“Always great to eat here.”

El Mirasol at Los Arboles
Ranked #28 of 347 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very good and friendly service. The food is the best Mexican food I have found in Palm Springs.! When we want Mexican food, we go here!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Hard to find on the first visit.. it's just after Indian changes from one-way to two going north. Look for the small street, Via Altamira on the right. Palm Springs has several good Mexican restaurants and I would rank El Mirasol tops.
I had the Shrimp with a sauce to die for 'Shrimp in Pipian' .. pre-offerings of chips and salsa were excellent and homemade. My flan to close was perfection.

LosArbolesPS, Owner at El Mirasol at Los Arboles, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Shrimp en Pipian and a good flan ... a couple of our absolute favorites here at El Mirasol. When we have scallops available ... they are fantastic with Pipian also. We really appreciate your patronage and for the extra effort it takes to find El Mirasol at Los Arboles on the first visit!

¡Gracias!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I headed to this restaurant at the Los Arboles hotel (which looked very cute, a small boutique hotel slightly away from the bustle of downtown Palm Springs but close by) after reading that it had a lovely outdoor patio and delicious food. We are from the Boston area so al fresco dining is a huge priority for us. We went there for lunch. The patio was lovely-lights strung everywhere, fans for hot days, heaters for cool evenings. You could see beautiful mountain peaks above the fence which surrounds the patio to provide some privacy and noise protection from the road. From waitresses were friendly, and very service oriented. They recommended dishes and even accommodated my inability to decide between two entrees by giving me half of each. The house margaritas were absolutely delicious, and the fresh homemade nacho chips arrived warm and with two delicious salsas. My husband ordered carnitas and carne asada and said it was the best he had ever had. The half dish that I most adored was the chicken mole-absolutely fantastic. I was born in Mexico and have enjoyed Mexican food my entire life and this was one of the best mole sauce I had ever had. Can't recommend this lovely spot and it's food enough. It has a sister restaurant (the original) in the heart of the shopping district of Palm Springs-probably very good too. But the ambiance here was lovely.

LosArbolesPS, Owner at El Mirasol at Los Arboles, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Hola and thank you for the nice words about our El Mirasol location at Los Arboles Hotel. When you compliment our Mole sauce ... I smile like a proud papa! Glad to hear we helped make your visit to the desert just a bit more enjoyable. Hope to see you back soon!

¡Gracias!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Arrived about 7:30 p.m. on a Thursday evening and found the restaurant bustling with customers! The evening was an amazing
temperature and the ambiance merely enhanced the weather! new were greeted right away and quickly directed to a cozy little table for two. Having never been there before and totally unfamiliar with the cuisine, I asked for some suggestions. The charming waitress suggested 2-3 options and based upon her recommendations I made my choice. I was NOT disappointed! The delicious food is not only mostly homemade on premises but the service is top notch! I highly recommend this restaurant not only for the ambiance, the cuisine, but also the cost. It is definitely a gem in the desert!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at Los Arboles for two nights and ate twice at the restaurant. Very good food, especially like the homemade corn tortilla's made onsite.