“Clean and safe.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Seattle, Washington
“Clean and safe.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Traveling alone as a woman the most important thing is feeling safe in my hotel. This one provided that easily. My room was clean and comfortable. The property is very well maintained for one of its era. The pool is lovely and the hot tub a little on the cool side, but huge. The details are fun.

My only complaint was that there were no shades on the bathroom window (though it is opaque glass) and the sun was BRIGHT in the morning, and woke me up. Have to remember to close the bathroom door at night.

The fridge was useful and the bed very comfortable. Would highly reccomend. I got a $64 a night deal on hotwire.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SeattleReebs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Torrance, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My friend and I were staying here for one night and had a great stay for an awesome price. For $66 (including tax) and a more than comfortable room to stay in, what more can I ask for. We were gambling at the casino and decided to see if we could check in our room one hour early. We were graciously greeted by the nice front desk staff Maritza. When asked if we could check in early, she said it would not be a problem and without asking she upgraded our room just like that. That was a pleasant surprise. She checked us in quickly and we were soon relaxing in our upgraded room.

If you are looking for many ammenities of a $200 a night hotel, you might not find that here, but my friend and I were looking for an inexpensive, clean, safe place to stay with no hassles. That is exactly what we got and more. The beds were comfortable and we both slept well. The air condition was on the louder side, but that didn't bother my friend or me as we slept well. We didn't really have time to access the pool as we were out and about, but it looks like some people were enjoying the pool. Easy to get in and out as parking is right by your room as we were in and out frequently and no charge for parking as some hotels do charge.

Our check out was just as efficient as our check in as were able to have Maritza again. We thanked Maritza for a good one night stay and we were off on our way back to Los Angeles. You obviously knew that having friendly knowledgeable staff at the front desk goes a long way as Maritza was excellent.

I will gladly stay here again at my next trip out to Palm Springs. Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank B-Rad O
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was a little disappointed with this place after reading so many wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor. The service was excellent! Both ladies in the reception at our arrival were extremely friendly and professional. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable enough. The location is great, very close to downtown Palm Springs. I did not have a chance to use the pool area as I was only there for a night, but it looked nice! Overall, I might stay here again. I'm giving the hotel a 4 based on how great the service was. Without that, I would probably have rated it a 3. If you want a very basic hotel near downtown at a reasonable rate, you will be happy here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rsindelar
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Al I have to say is go, all the other reviews have summed it up, a great place at a decent price which is pet friendly. This is our new hangout since the Holiday Inn down the street sold out and was ruined by it's new owners. We spent the summer staying at different hotels/resorts from Palm Springs to Indio, this resort by far fits my family the the best.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Torrance, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We've stayed here three times over the last 5 years, and each time, I'm struck anew how wonderful this place is. Hanging out by the pool, I saw tattooed folks, a lesbian couple holding hands, a few people playing music, families with kids, 20-somethings drinking beer and BBQing... and the most amazing part?? Everyone was respectful and friendly and got along well. No gangsta rap, no kids screaming and running, no jerks blowing smoke in your face. Somehow everything meshes and everyone chills.

The room itself is pretty large and clean, with a small fridge for sodas and leftovers. The ice machine never seemed empty. The AC actually worked. There was a communal ashtray outside my room that needed some tending, and it was clean five minutes after I asked the front desk. Friendly staff.

It's a little outside the main downtown PS area, so you would need to drive most places.

We'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank beckwords
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The reception was very nice. Friendly and polite front desk staff. Good coffee in the morning at the reception. There was no regular coffee available to brew in the room.
Although there was some maintenance done on the grass so you could not use the cabana's we did not mind. There was enough space for everybody and the pool area was well maintained. The room (we stayed in the King Suite) was nice. Quiet AC. Although the bathroom was not very spacious the room was very nicely decorated and felt like a tropical treat. We had booked this room through Venere, and was quite a lot of money, however maybe it was more expensive because our stay was during the weekend. Overall we had a very pleasant stay and would defenitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I made a last minute reservation for this hotel. I spoke with Sadie on the phone is she was utterly charming. It was our first time going to Palm Springs. Upon our arrival, we were so happy with the hotel, we changed our plans and stayed an additional night, which the staff was happy to accommodate. This hotel is still in the process of renovation. I understand there will be a restaurant/lounge and a fitness center by the time we visit next year. We got to meet Ed, the general manager and he was not only friendly, but clearly dedicated to this motel. The pool and hot tub were absolutely spotless and I swam for the first time in years. There are lovely little cabanas for soaking up some sun, a beautiful maintained grassy area for kids to play.
Our room had two beautiful queen beds which were very comfortable, the bathroom had plenty of room. We were given great recommendations by the staff. There is not a single negative thing I can say about this hotel or the service we received. Thank you to all, we will be back next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple