“Perfect Girls' Getaway!”
Review of Desert Hills

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm Springs
Desert Hills
Ranked #53 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Port Orchard
“Perfect Girls' Getaway!”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

A group of friends have been spending several days at this great little boutique hotel each November since Debbie Broughton acquired it six years ago. It is spotlessly clean, comfy robes and linens, super friendly staff, beautiful sparkling pool and hot tub and upscale easy to use BBQ by the pool.. Easy walking distance to downtown and scrumptious restaurants. Perfect spot for a girls' getaway. Looking forward to next year's stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Luandu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Eugene, OR
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I found a tranquil, relaxing world, far beyond my own expectations at the the Desert Hills. A sweet location, backing the mountains, encircling the oasis within...such an amazing environment and energy to truly melt the stress away. I have never felt more relaxed in my entire life. The grounds are beautiful and the staff make you feel right at home. You seriously won't want to leave once you get there. I would live there if I could, no lie! With the suite style rooms including kitchen, living room, back patio, huge bathroom and changing area....so comfortable and so fabulous!! I can't wait to go back.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank SnerkBerk
Eugene, OR
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This hotel was absolutely perfect for my tastes. I am not a fan of the big fancy resorts or resort towns and this was the perfect hotel. It is such a cute hotel with all of the amenities you could possible want. Full kitchens in every room! Beautifully decorated, a great pool with lots of room to relax. There is a simple continental breakfast and the hotel is conveniently located to pretty much anything you would need. The location of the hotel makes you feel like you are in complete isolation with nothing but the mountains surrounding you. The staff is very friendly and very knowledgeable about pretty much anything or any place you are looking for. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place in Palm Springs or just a relaxing weekend in the sun.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank larzipan
Austin
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My stay at the Desert Hills was fabulous. The mountain setting provides a great backdrop for a truly relaxing experience. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are attractive and clean, the pool is uncrowded and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I have been to this hotel several times, and each time I find myself wishing I did not have to leave. I would fully recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay at a hotel that possesses character, charm and convenience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jacqstravels
Gloucestershire UK
Reviewed September 19, 2009

We found the motel relatively quiet.Great location with friendly staff.There is also a lovely pool to swim in.
We were disappointed on two counts,the breakfast is poor,pre packaged pastries,coffee with creamer(common in the states but in such a small motel milk could be available)and fruit juice.
No coffee/tea available in the rooms you need to buy your own.
If you are new to the area directions to grocery stores etc would be useful,its too hot to keep searching.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Globewandering
London, England
Reviewed September 12, 2009

This was our second visit to Desert Hills and it was as good as the first. The hotel is situated in a very peaceful part of Palm Springs, and the tranquility of the setting cannot be beat: if total relaxation is what you're after, then this the place for you. Even when fully booked, the place seems to exert a calming influence on everyone so that the pool never seems crowded and no one intrudes on your calm. The walk to downtown Palm Springs takes about 5 minutes, but for our morning coffee fix we always took the short drive to Koffi on East Palm Canyon where they make the best cappuccino around. The rooms are large, with great kitchen areas which we used mainly for lunch, given the great dining in Palm Springs. Needless to say, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly, with plenty of tips for things to do and places to go eat.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Believe it or not, my parents started going to Desert Hills every year while I was still in High School! I started joining them after my marriage, then after my father's death, my Mom, sister and I continued the tradition.
My Mother died in January, but my sister and I will always be back. This year would have been 50 consecutive years at Desert Hills. It is the perfect "time out" place. KItchen's, BBQ's, close to everything. Service spectacular! On a scale of one to ten, is off the charts!
Lyne Erving