“Perfect for a Quick Vacation”
Review of Desert Hills

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm Springs
Desert Hills
Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 6, 2006

I researched where to stay for three hours on this site and others. I choose Desert Hills for the first night of our stay, because I didn't want to commit to the cancellation policy of another hotel. Jim was super helpful, accomodating, and a wonderful host. We originally booked the "studio" but when we got there another couple wanted to stay on for a couple of days. He upgraded us to a room with a kitchenette with the jacuzzi just feet away from our door for the price of the studio(Saving $30/night). I loved the retro decorations and mod feel of the place. We ended up staying there the whole trip. We paid $118 a night, and enjoyed the fact that there were no children around.( I love kids, but not when they are screaming at the pool at 8:00am!) The breakfast was sparse, but I didn't care as I wasn't into dining at the motel. We walked to the strip several times without any danger nor difficulties. It is only 10 minutes drive time to the tram and highway 10. (We went to Joshua Tree & Disney while there.) The only negative was the water pressure in the shower, but that wouldn't deter me from staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed November 3, 2005

I stayed here while attending a conference, and I plan to return for a real vacation. This was a surprisingly positive discovery - very comfortable and well furnished rooms with a kitchen. The hotel is extremely well managed by a very nice gentleman who lives on-site. The courtyard and pool are very pleasant and a great place to relax while viewing stunning mountain scenery. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of dozens of cool restaurants, bars, delis, and ecelectic shops. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
12  Thank FMPCP
Belfast, UK
Reviewed October 20, 2005

My fiance and I stayed at the Desert Hills in September this year. Our huge suite was 8ft from the Jacuzzi, 20ft from the pool, 40 ft from our jeep and had its own gazebo covered outdoor dining area! What more could you want?

Without doubt, the intimacy and location of this 14 room hotel gives this the edge over other hotels in the area. The staff are professional, courteous and very welcoming and cannot be faulted. Our room was immaculate and spacious, with a kitchen, large living room and 50's inspired bathroom. The place just oozes old school class.

The location is ideal, being just a 5 minute walk from Palm Canyon Drive and its many restaurants. I'd recommend the Kaiser Grille and Matchbox as restaurants to try. The seared rare tuna salad at Matchbox ranks as one of my favourite meals of all time!

We were lucky enough to visit at a time where we had the pool area to ourselves for much of our week. Being able to pick a book from the on-site library on your way back to your lounger after getting some ice for your Jack Daniels and Coke is my idea of heaven.

We checked out some of the higher ranked hotels in Palm Springs during our trip and can say that when we return, we will re-book this hotel in a heartbeat over any others.

Like I said......this is THE place to stay in Palm Springs.

• Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 4, 2005

The Desert Hills Hotel is a wonderful place to stay in Palm Springs. The staff is superb, as well as the proximity to all the downtown boutiques, restaurants, lounges and museums. Such a relaxing, peaceful environment. Many patrons have been returning here for their get-away for 20 or more years. Make your reservations now.
Satisfied customers,
Todd and Cathy Gamble

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed September 25, 2005

We were in town for a wedding and really enjoyed our time at the Desert Hills. The staff was incredibly nice and very helpful. Our suite was great with very comfortable beds and had a full kichen . It is in a great location within walking distance from main attractions. My friends and I are planning a weekend to come back and stay at the Desert Hills together.

Stayed: September 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
South Hadley, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 9, 2005

My girlfriend and I stumbled across this adorable hotel when we were bicycling in the historic neighborhood between downtown Palm Springs and the mountain. It is a beautifully remodelled vintage hotel from the fifties. The courtyard is exceptional with a large pool, outdoor jacuzzi and incredible rock fountain that is lit up at night. We found the kitchen well equipped (more stuff that we have in our apartment) and loved the commercial quality barbeques! I didn't know places like this existed anymore...we have already booked our return visit.

• Stayed: September 2004
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed September 8, 2005

I enjoyed my stay at this classy desert hotel, even if only for a night. The warm and friendly staff added to the welcoming ambiance of this hideaway, with the added bonus of clean and elegant rooms. The pool was a good size compared with other hotels' pools. This place had all the great amenities of a hotel made for comfort- spacious rooms, pool, spa and BBQ grills. Overall a great place!

• Stayed: September 2005