“Perfect hip bar”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We are locals and have yet to have a bad experience here, service is always good, bartenders ready to please and no snobby responses here. Always something new to try and great mix of locals and visitors.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We found truly great restaurants are somewhat hard to find in Palm Spring until we dined at Birba. Eating outside in the candlelight was gorgeous and my husband and I both loved our meals. The pizza with caramelized fennel, arugula and pears was incredible. Heck, I'm still thinking about it!

We loved it so much we came back the next morning to dine at their sister restaurant, Cheeky's - so happy we did!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food and ambiance is awesome. Especially liked the eggplant bolognese. Great to come if you have a party of 5 or more and then you can make reservations. If you are party of 4 or more good luck because they do not take reservations for your party (we called ahead and tried). Expect to wait a while on a friday or saturday night like we did and it totally sucked.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

There's nothing like joining Birba in the courtyard restaurant on a beautiful warm winter night. The atmosphere is fun and 'electric' the view of the mountains is fabulous.

We went on a Wednesday night and enjoyed the nice pricing that occurs curing Happy Hour.

The food was disappointing. I ordered the Kale/Brussel Sprouts salad as I love both ingredients. I challenge you to find Brussell Sprouts in the salad. The only BS was sliced thinly and hardly even noticeable. I had to ask my waitress if I had the right salad.

When I reviewed their menu on line I had my heart set on the Wild Salmon. When I ordered it at the restaurant I was told it was no longer on the menu and the restaurant doesn't keenly update their website.

Instead I ordered the braised lamb shank which I absolutely loved!!

The house wine was ok at $5 a glass.

At 8 p.m. a house band comes on which is also kinda fun.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I visited Birba because I found it on TripAdvisor. We ate outdoors in a really cool little courtyard. The vibe is great, they play nice music and even though you are right next to a busy road, you would never know because they have plants surrounding you. The food is good. They have very good pizzas, but my favorite was the salted chocolate caramel tart. It was AMAZING. When going to the restaurant the only sign is a big lit up B.