“Desert exploration”

Trail Discovery Hiking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing magical hiking & walking wilderness experiences. Allow yourself to re-connect with nature and the peacefulness within. Joshua Tree NP, Indian Canyons, San Andreas fault, San Jacinto State park, all just waiting for you to Discover! 20 years of professionally guided trips in the deserts, mountains & canyons in Palm Springs, Ca. We guarantee a great experience!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Steilacoom, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Desert exploration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent hike through Murray Canyon and the 7 Sisters. Our guide Scott was pleasant and supportive as well as a fund of information about the desert plants and animals. My wife and I enjoyed our trip and were pleased to receive a slide show of the hike on our return home.

Visited March 2013
pranarun, Owner at Trail Discovery Hiking Tours, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks for the kind comments, it was a pleasure taking the 2 of you to Murray Canyon.
You are both easy going, genuine people who really appreciate the beauty of a great wilderness setting, and the importance of preserving it as well!

Edmonton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Would you do it again?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

A great gauge as to whether a tour or other activity is worthwhile is asking yourself afterwards whether you would go again. We went boulder scrambling in Indian Canyon with Scott in March, 2012 and we were back again to do two different hikes with him this March. This time we hiked the Whitewater Canyon Preserve and Joshua Tree. Both days were unseasonably cool, but we really enjoyed both very different hikes. Whitewater is closer to Palm Springs and less travelled with great changes in elevation. Joshua Tree was a considerable drive from Palm Springs, obviously more popular with tourists, but simply a must see for the remarkable landscape. These trips attract people who enjoy the outdoors, want some exercise, and have some sense of adventure. Half the fun is meeting other hikers and sharing the experience, so don't shy away from joining others. Thanks again Scott!

Visited March 2013
pranarun, Owner at Trail Discovery Hiking Tours, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thanks,
It was a pleasure to spend some more great times on the trail with you two.
I appreciate you coming back for more! Glad we were able to experience a couple other beautiful wilderness locations around Palm Springs, even it it was a bit cool & breezy, (but your from Canada, so not big deal, right!).
Be well,
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I hiked with Scott last weekend at Indian Canyon. He led us off-trail to do some "rock-scrambling". Just the right combo of some challenging moments without ever being in a situation that was beyond our abilities. The views were breathtaking.
Scott is quite knowledgeable about the area and his enthusiasm is contagious.
We will absolutely be hiking with Scott again when we return to the area -- and recommend that you do the same!

Visited February 2013
pranarun, Owner at Trail Discovery Hiking Tours, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi Diane,
Thanks for the comments, it was great taking the 2 of you out, it's always great when we have folks like you that are up for a fun, moderately challenging adventure!
I hope we get another chance to take you to other intriguing outdoor area here in the Palm Springs desert!
Scott 2
London, United Kingdom
“Most amazing experience - an absolute must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I had a week in Palm Springs last June and by far the highlight of our trip was finding Scott and hiking with him. We took a moonlight hike and a hike bouldering in Indian Canyon. We couldn't have done it without Scott. He was so knowledgable and we learnt so much about the landscape, nature and history. It was very hot and we were so glad we didn't venture out on our own with all the dangers we didn't know about before hand! Scott took great care of us and also took many pictures which he shared on our return when we got home. The bouldering and finding rock pools was fantastic - we wouldn't have had that experience if we hadn't have had Scott as a guide. I would highly recommend it - such good value, knowledge, experience amazing secret routes and views and recommendations for routes up San Jacinto and other things to do in PS. If you love hiking you should go to Palm Springs even if it is just to go for a hike with Scott!

Visited June 2012
pranarun, Owner at Trail Discovery Hiking Tours, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hi my Scotland friends,
You 2 we a pleasure taking on a couple great hikes. Thanks for your thoughtful review. Braving the desert in the summer, especially for those coming from an area that receives little sun, was an adventure for sure. You 2 were troopers, at least we found a couple pools to scramble into & cool off. The moonlight hike in the summer is a great way to experience the desert calm & warmth, glad you were able to experience that. Hope we meet again on a new trail!
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great hike - something for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was my 3rd hike with Scott - and each one has been unique. This time I took my family ranging in age from 15 to 68. The trail was just right and Scott's knowledge was great - fun, interesting. Kept everyone engaged. By the time, we came to the end, I had 7 happy people all wanting to hike with Scott again. Previous hikes were with hiking peers and were more aggressive and different areas of the desert - I can hardly wait to do my 4th! And I know that next Christmas the family will want to join Scott again too.

Visited December 2012
Thanks Joan, your comments are great appreciated. It's always been a pleasure taking you & friends out on great hikes, and this time, getting to meet some of your family. Funny how it can be a challenge convincing others to go hiking, and once in a beautiful place, moving, breathing and allowing the magic of nature to seep in, everyone seems to wonder why they didn't do this sooner!
Thanks again for allow Trail Discovery & myself to spend a fun day walking in a scenic area of our desert home.