“Just fair”

Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Tucson, Arizona
“Just fair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

As a gold Marriott member, was not impressed with what they said was an " upgrade" if this is an upgrade, I would hate to see what my regular room would have been. Did not feel this was a good value for what we paid. These are resort prices for a non- resort - there is no tennis- no golf and no spa. We felt obligated to stay here since my husband was attending a meeting at the convention center. Fitness center is adequate. Breakfast was good, but when we tried to have lunch, they were only offering a buffet- too much food for lunch. Had to pay too much for self parking. The best feature of this hotel is the friendly staff. Otherwise, not impressed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott.

I am happy to read that you were pleased with the our staff service. We want to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am glad we did on most levels. My commitment is to work on any areas that any guest mentions. We could not improve or change without our guest’s feedback, so again, thank you so much for your review.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Marriott and for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Hebrew first
Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Rennaisance was enjoyed despite being extremely busy. Staff was busy keeping areas clean while food and bar lines were kept moving. Communication between front desk and housekeeping for available rooms could be improved. Otherwise, ambiance, room, food and service was commendable. I would return and recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bajabob60
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review on your recent stay with us at the Renaissance Palm Springs. As a Marriott, we always want to be sure that we go above and beyond in every aspect of the guests stay.

Thank you again for sharing and hope to see you soon during your next visit to the Palm Springs area!
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I only stayed one night and was pleased with a complimentary upgrade to a suite (I am Gold with Marriott, so that might of helped).

I didn't use the pool but had an balcony that overlooked it and it was beautiful.

I plan to return on my next visit to Palm Springs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank scherzva
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your loyalty with Marriott and thank you for staying with us.
We hope to see you soon when you visit the Palm Springs area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Finally, finally got to stay here after 5 years of bringing my teenage daughter to the cheer competition they host every super bowl weekend. I still don't know how I got a room since the rooms are blocked off for the teams/coaches a year in advance. But the location is beyond convenient since we didn't have to go anywhere but the connected convention center. Sweet! The lobby is gorgeous, pool area is gorgeous, staff is super friendly. My only complaints are that our group of parents likes to party. We wanted drinks. The problem is the bar doubles for some type of buffet/food line throughout much of the day. On a busy weekend like the one we come for, the line for the bar was literally an hour long at times because it was a bunch of teenagers and parents trying to get food. Then people would go to the bar and "cut" the line so to speak, mass chaos & confusion there. They have a connected outside bar but they would only sell smoothies. What??? Then they had zero wait-staff coming outside to take drink/food orders. I've been to some top resorts all over the world and I've never seen a place NOT want to make money off of guests who want lots of booze. It was like pulling teeth trying to get drinks here. Come on, it's super bowl weekend! I think the crowds just overwhelmed the staff. The staff was great though and did their best, especially Amanda in the bar. Now on to the room. The king bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in, and my daughter even thought the fold-out was comfortable as far as fold-outs go. Minor issues were the water from the sink was cloudy, the sink & tub didn't drain very fast (thus I was showering in 1-2" of dirty water) and the balcony had a cigarette butt left over from the previous guest. These little things were harmless and didn't bother me at all. Overall, a great property and with a little tweaking, will be a top notch resort!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank lozaman
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear you finally had a chance to stay at our resort and your overall experience was spectacular. Thank you for your feedback, we cannot change or improve without your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again for the Cheer conference next year.
P.S. You do not have to wait a whole year to stay with us again, we would love a few visits from the family and you in between!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel two times in the past 3 months. We were exceptionally pleased with both of our stays. The lobby is spotless, as well as the rooms, and the hotel staff is spectacular. We were treated like royalty. Our Junior Suite was amazing and was a very reasonable. Both the Rocks Lounge and Date Restaurant were impressive and we found the food to be delicious and the presentation quite stunning. We will definitely return in the next couple of months. Although, the hotel is pet friendly you would never know an animal had ever been in there. Our pets thoroughly enjoyed being with us and even they were on their best behavior due to the sophistication of the hotel.

Green Features: We were extremely disappointed to find out the hotel didn't recycle. We ended up taking our glass bottles home with us. We're earth conscious.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Chad J
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Chad,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Our entire team strives to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel and I am delighted that we were just that. I am happy that is was a great experience!

We want to be sure we do whatever we can to not only meet but exceed your expectations. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I hope to see you during your next stay in the Palm Springs area.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

As I've shared before, this by far the very best place to stay in Palm Springs. Every time we return, it only gets better. We arrived early and our room was not ready as the hotel was fully booked. No problem, we left our bags with the front desk walked the 3 blocks to downtown. They call after a few hours and gave us a very nice room with a great view, as always. The beds are the best, but even more so, the date restaurant servers, remembered us from previous visits and even remember our likes and dislikes. The breakfasts are always great, we had Eggs Benedict the 1st day and steak and eggs, the 2nd day. As always their food was fantastic. Enjoyed the pool area, as it was 84 degrees in Jan (who wouldn't love it). Nice pool attendant kept our glasses full. In short, this is our home away from home and as we travel here 4 -5 times a year, the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel will always be our residence.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dablab
Dear Dablab,

I was delighted to read your review and wanted to sincerely thank you choosing to stay with us each time you visit the Palm Springs area. I know each of our team members want this to feel like your home away from home and we will do our best to go above and beyond to ensure you have a productive and wonderful experience. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We know we will see you soon and look forward to thanking you in person! Again, thank you for making us your home away from home.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed in the hotel last weekend for a forum being held In the conference area. Although I arrived prior to check in time, my room was ready and I was able to spend some extra time settling in. The room was clean, roomy and comfortable with crisp white linens and thick white towels. The pool area is lovely and both the bar and restaurant have nice seating areas outside. We spent 20 hours total in the conference area over the weekend, which was quiet and well air conditioned. The staff in the hotel, conference area and restaurants were particularly welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies that overlook the pool