“Great hotel with extra friendly and attentive staff”

Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed October 7, 2013

From the second I stepped foot into the lobby, I was impressed. The friendliness of the staff (from front desk to managers to housekeeping) was overwhelming -- in a good way. I was visiting Palm Springs for my birthday and for a wedding of a former colleague. When I checked in, I was upgraded to a suite (not requested) and given complimentary parking (which is a bit pricey at $12 a night) for my 2-night stay. I wish I would have stayed the third night I was in town.

The bed in my room was very comfortable and had plenty of fluffy pillows for resting or propping up and watching TV. The great view of the mountains was also very relaxing!

My one disappointment was the noise from the air conditioners. This property has been completely renovated and transformed over the last few years, so I wonder if the air conditioners were part of the remodel? I alerted management to the noise in my room and they were going to look into it.

Would I stay here again? In a heartbeat! I'm disappointed in myself for not checking out the absolutely beautiful pool (was way too busy with reunions and friends), so that is for sure on the agenda for the next trip!

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor for cool views of the pool and mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and your wonderful comments about our hotel ans staff overall. Thank you for your feedback regarding our rooms air conditioning units, I appreciate you letting me know.

I am happy to read that you were pleased with the hotel cleanliness and our service. We want to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am glad we did on most levels. My commitment is to work on any areas that any guest mentions. We could not improve or change without our guest’s feedback, so again, thank you so much for your review.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Marriott and for your feedback! We will see you at our pool the next time you visit us again in Palm Springs.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The property was beautiful and a great location for walking to the downtown area. The room I had was a mini-suite and very nice with lots of area for working, and a mini-frig. Those traveling to the area be aware of the pricing at the hotel. It is easier to go out and purchase food, water, beer and wine and keep it in your room refrigerator than to pay the prices that the hotel gets. The biggest issue I had was during breakfast at the hotel, the staff would come by so often and ask "How everything was" it interrupted the enjoyment of the breakfast. At least 5-6 times at every sitting you were bothered by a staff person. I just want to eat my breakfast, read the newspaper and enjoy the quiet time. I only ate one dinner while staying there and the food was average at best. Taking the hotel shuttle or walking to the downtown area to eat was the most fun and least expensive. The locals are great people and very friendly, conversations are easily come by on any subject matter.

Room Tip: Mini-suite best way to go....facing mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience not only about your stay but your event experience at the Renaissance Palm Springs. I am delighted that you were impressed with our hotel grounds and our surrounding downtown area.

Thank you again for choosing the Renaissance Palm Springs. We hope to see soon when you return to the Palm Springs area.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was a one-nighter between Las Vegas and San Diego and I wish we had been able to stay longer. A lovely hotel. We were given a suite (not requested) as I guess the hotel wasn't that busy. The pool is gorgeous, like a bath and nice and deep for swimming. Our balcony looked out over the pool and to the mountains beyond. Saw an owl and a humming bird in the gardens. We had dinner in the hotel as we had had a long drive but the hotel offers a courtesy shuttle to and from Palm Canyon Drive. Our meal was delicious as was breakfast the next day - the buffet works out good value, and service was good.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the pool for a lovely view.
1  Thank ChesterBiggles
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review on your recent stay with us at the Renaissance Palm Springs. As a Marriott, we always want to be sure that we go above and beyond in every aspect of the guests stay.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and hope to see you soon for a longer stay when you visit to the Palm Springs area again!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I arrived Friday evening with a group of 5 girlfriends, when we got there to check in, we realized our rooms were not adjoining like we had requested over a month before when we initially made the reservation.

We went out to the club from 930-midnight and the second we walked in the room there was a knock at our door.

Hotel Security: if we get one more noise complaint you guys are kicked out with no refund..
What?! We literally just walked in the door from the bar and we got 3 rooms total, 1 suite and 2 double queen rooms for a total of more than $800 for the first night and $300 for the second and they want to kick us out!?!
Hotel security came back 2 times to "warn" us and told us to stay at the hotel down the road.
We informed him it was after 1am and there was no way we could drive there!!

They allowed us to stay if we went to bed..party ruiners!

The hotel is gorgeous; looks super fancy inside with nice lighting under the floor and in the bar area.
The hotel also had a shuttle that would take you anywhere nearby before 11pm so we utilized that on our way to dinner and on our way to the club. Then you call them and they come pick you back up! Pretty neat!

We got a cabana by the pool for Saturday afternoon for another $300 and that included a small fridge, misters, a shade, couch, 2 lounge chairs, a bottle of champagne and a fruit basket (with some weird grapes in it).

The pool attendant was not a very good people person. He didn't introduce himself, tell us what our "service" included nor did he offer to get us anything. We were just sitting in there with our 3 waters wondering where the booze was!
When we ordered things from the pool server, they took FOREVER to get to us. were talking nearly an hour for a turkey sandwich and cheese quesadilla, about 30 plus minutes for a drink. Pretty lame.

The music by the pool was terrible; a very depressing slow song that made you want to cry or something. We asked the pool attendant to change the music and he said they did not have any other music but on Sunday they played pop!

If I were you I would not stay at this place. Over priced; kind of lame

Room Tip: The pool view rooms are better than the ones facing the main road. They have a balcony which is nic...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank polonswim

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I appreciate that you are letting me know your concerns and I will share your comments with our team with that purpose in mind. We have a strong track record of hosting events and guests of all types and we embrace the opportunity to do so. We cater to all our guests and as you mentioned, it was past 1am hence why we asked to keep the noise level down since it was a hindrance to our other guests. I did speak to our Manager on Duty that night as well and was informed we gave you a few options as well rather than asking you to leave.
Thank you again for submitting your review and have a great day.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We only spent one night here but were really impressed with this hotel. Our room was excellent, with a separate lounge type area (as far as we know we weren't upgraded) and a balcony overlooking the pool.

The pool area itself was really nice and thankfully we had a short time to enjoy this. Breakfast at the restaurant was good too, the buffet was good.

When we checked in the guy at reception pointed us out the best way into town and where the restaurants were etc. which was useful.

The only reason I've not given five stars is due to the fact we experienced a lot of noise in the hotel and didn't sleep well - it was people slamming doors and shouting in corridors and on the balcony through til like 4:30am. Strictly not the hotel itself's fault, but still annoying.

Also, they charged for parking and didn't provide free wi-fi (apart from in the lobby), the only hotel we stayed in in the US that didn't provide this.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful accolades. I will share the review with our whole team. It is our pleasure to be able to serve our guests. It is also amazing for us to meet people from all over. Our whole team takes great pride in knowing that we have made our guests stay memorable. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences during your stay with us.

Marriott hotels are built different from other brands to award Marriott Elite members for their loyalty. Each brand is different and have different amenities and standards; such as the internet. As a Marriott, we follow brand standard requirements and as a perk, our Gold and Platinum members get the one of the benefits such as complimentary WiFi.

Thank you again for sharing your review and I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Palm Springs area!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great hotel. We stayed here for one night in early September and on arrival were upgraded to a nice suite with enormous conference room (not much use to us but still nice to have the space!) and lovely views of the mountains etc. Staff were extremely helpful and polite. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review on your recent stay with us at Renaissance Palm Springs. As a Marriott, we always want to be sure that we go above and beyond in every aspect of the guests stay. I am thrilled that our staff were a true examples of our spirit to serve our guests.

Thank you again for sharing and see you next time when you visit the Palm Springs area.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Overall we liked this place with a few exceptions mostly due to bad or sloppy management.
The bad!
Smoking outside the hotel in the outside chair area.
No towels at the pool if you arrive later.
Signs saying not to bring your own drink to the pool but some folk even had large cool boxes.
Toiletries not restocked in the room.
Reception has long queues and I mean really long!
Pool area not cleaned properly. Litter lying around first thing in the morning.
Good!
Nice big room.
Good bed.
Lovely pool.
Nice walk into the centre of the town.
Staff nice and friendly.

The negatives did not spoil a nice stay but it could be better!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. I appreciate you letting me know.

I am happy to read that you were pleased with overall with the hotel and thank you for your intent to stay with us again. We want to exceed our guest’s expectations. My commitment is to work on any areas that any guest mentions. We could not improve or change without our guest’s feedback, so again, thank you so much for your review.