“Great Couple Time”

Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Checked in on a Monday for a 3 day stay. Nice Jr Suite with a great bed, big balcony and a great view of the pool and mountains. Greted instantly by what turned out to be a very friendly staff. Service was top notch. Great bar tenders, especially the bar manager. Miguel, our breakfast waiter was fantastic. Do have breakfast by the pool. Do curl up at 10pm with a loved one on one of the comfy big chairs at night. Close to town, a 7 min walk. 5 min to the casino. The big suprise, the hotel will drive you to where ever you want to go at night for dinner. No need to rent a car. Just checkin, relax and let this hotel take care of you. Love this place and already planning our next stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DABLAB
Rochelle C, Executive Office at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for making the Renaissance Palm Springs your choice for your lodging needs.

We are happy to note that our staff added to making your visit a memorable one. We certainly let them know that their hard work did not go unnoticed.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

On behalf of Martin Greenwood, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

On a whim, my husband and I stayed at the Renaissance. We were in Palm Springs, visiting family, when we decided to use Priceline and book a hotel for the night. We paid $80 online through priceline, and much to my surprise, when we arrived, the check-in clerk offered to upgrade our room to a suite.

The suite was clean and spacious. It consisted of two rooms, the first room containing a large couch and television, and the second room was the bedroom. I was very impressed by the decor of the hotel, both in the lobby areas and in the room. I kept thinking, "I can't believe we only had to pay $80 for this room!" The pool also looked awesome. I can't actually review it because we didn't go in it, but it was large and had many cabanas. It was picturesque.

Palm Canyon Drive is only a short walk from the hotel (approximately 5 blocks). It was wonderful being so close to Palm Canyon because we could easily walk to dinner, have a few glasses of wine, and walk back to the hotel. There were also lots of cute stores on Palm Canyon. A men's clothing store, XPECT, really stood out. The selection and style of clothes in XPECT was phenomenal. No wonder all the men in Palm Springs are so stylish. My husband doesn't care to shop much when we vacation, but he left XPECT with a huge bag filled with t-shirts, polos, and shorts. Definitely worth checking out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for takking the time to give us your feed back and for making the Renaissance Palm Springs your choice for your lodging needs.

We hope that you will return to the Renaissance Palm Springs in the not too distant fuure.

On behalf of the Martin Greenwood, General Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Reason for my trip? My boyfriend had never been to Palm Springs and for his birthday I decided to give him a paradise feeling so close to home (we live in Santa Clarita about 2 1/2 hour drive to Palm Springs).

What day of the week did we stay? Wed-fri. I figured weekends are so crowded and the hotels are alot more expensive so we decided to visit during the week.

Why did I pick this hotel to stay? There's hundreds of hotels to choose from in Palm springs! Some can be very pricey and some can be as cheap as your average motel 6. I wanted a NICE, spacious, tropical style Pool! This hotel definitely caught my attention with their pool.

Overall, I didn't love it but didn't hate it....Let me explain......

When we checked in everyone was very friendly, which I enjoyed. I originally booked a JR suite which the receptionist worker told me I'd enjoy the regular room with a balcony and view of the pool. I appreciated his consideration for us to have a delight trip. However the room was alot smaller then I thought and the pool view wasn't as I wish (so many palm trees blocked my view). Althought I downgraded the price didn't downgrade. I still had to pay for a JR suite and when I brought it to thir attention they said the "pool view" cost the same as a suite.

Once we made it down to the pool it was nice. Lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas to enjoy. Also not to many kids in the pool which it makes it nice to relax. You can also bring a small ice chest with your own snack, and drinks without getting hassled by the hotel.

The hotel is walking distance to all the restaurants and bars! Plus they also have a shuttle that will transport you to any restaurant for free. But don't be fooled they get their money one way or another by charging you $10 for self parking a day! Shoot of you wanna save those $10 a day (if you stay 5 days that's $50 bucks gone!) your better off parking in there street!

If your like me I have to have my cup of coffee a day. Althought the hotel has to make your own cup it doesn't taste as good as a fresh brew cup! On the first floor, lobby there's a Starbucks "machine" in the bar area...but it's $3 for a cup of black coffee! Walk 2 blocks down the street for an actual Starbucks or coffee bean location!
There's a restaurant inside the hotel name "Date." I absolutely do not recommend it! Take a walk for half the price of breakfast compared to Date prices. For example for a stack of pancakes it was $12 and that doesn't include eggs, bacon, or juice!!! You can have all you can eat buffet for $17 but if your like me I don't have a HUGE breakfast.
Pool drinks are about $7 a drink but like I said you can bring your own with no hassle :-).

There's alot of banquet rooms which has lots of random people coming in and out of the hotel. Didn't bother me much but I can see it being an issue for others.

Would I stay here again? NO. I've stayed at the Riviera hotel before and regret not staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank LAcountyGirl
Rochelle C, Executive Office at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your detail feed back and for making the Renaissance Palm Springs your choice for your lodging needs while in Palm Springs. It is from comments from guests like yourself that help us better our service.

We hope that you will return to the Renaissance Palm Spring in the not too distant future.

On behalf Martin Greenwood, General Manager

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is pretty nice and a great value. The only negative is when you are staying during the week and they are not super busy, they cut down on staff and leave you feeling like you are in a self service environment.

I know things in the desert are laid back, but I hate to stand at the bar waiting for service with three people behind it and get no acknowledgement for too long. Especially after waiting for service in the outside lounge to come with no result for 15 minutes.

Customer service is critical in my opinion.

Room Tip: Pool view is nice with a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feed. Please accept our apologies regarding the issues with Customer Service. You can rest assured that this has been discussed with the Food & Beverage Manager.

We look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while attending a music workshop. The room was nice, overlooking the pool with a balcony--room 3229, a handicap room with two queen beds and desk and one soft chair. We had requested the room with a king bed and sofa bed but that room was not ready when we arrived at 4:15, so chose this one so we could unpack, etc. A few frustrations with small items--key had to be re-programmed after numerous attempts to get into our room the first night. Had a hard time getting AC to work consistently; it was either too hot or too cold. Before we even unpacked, we had to have maintenance come and tighten the toilet set as it shifted when sitting on it!! While the clock is digital, it is black numbers on grey background and cannot be read except staring at it from a few feet at the same level as the bedside table; it is an iPod dock and it was an hour slow, never having been changed for DST. No instructions on how to set an alarm and in the process of trying, I must have done something as the alarm clock went off at midnight after we fell asleep. It was like not having a clock at all and frankly, I like to have a clock to see at night and anytime I want to know the time. Instructions on how to set the alarm would be helpful. There was nothing about the hotel restaurant in the room to indicate their menu or prices but the food turned out to be very good and very reasonable for hotel dining. There was no hotel information packet other than a small 5" x 6" brochure. Internet in the room and meeting rooms was $12.95 per 24 hours beginning at noon but was free in the lobby and there were several house computers to use. Housekeeping forgot my in room coffee packets the second day and despite requesting some twice, it never came. There was no shower cap provided, which I planned on since even Econolodge provides a shower cap! We stayed in a Hampton inn Suites 10 days before this stay and while I don't know the star rating of either, the former was far superior in every way. This Renaissance is a Marriott, but I am thinking it may be the lower end of the Marriott chain which would explain their stinginess. While there was cold water available in the lobby along with small green apples, there was no coffee available by the hotel as there is a Starbucks in the lobby area. I probably would not stay here again except to attend this yearly workshop. We stayed here in 2011 and I don't remember any of these shortcomings.

Room Tip: Since we always stay in a handicap room so don't know anything about the other rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back from your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the missed opportunities.

You can rest assured that we have discussed the matters with the appropriate department managers and the necessary action taken.

We hope that you will return and give us the opportunity to welcome you back

On behalf of the Martin Greenwood, General Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The best hotel we stayed in during our fortnight travelling in the US. I didn’t realise it was a Marriott hotel until we arrived. No wonder we enjoyed this place as it had the welcoming Marriott aura.
Well maintained smallish resort type hotel located 150 metres from the main street in Palm Springs.
We were given a junior suite consisting of a small lounge area, desk, TV and fridge with a king sized bed and decent sized bathroom. There was nothing we would have changed. We had a view overlooking one side of the hotel (not the mountain side) but as we spent so little time in there, we missed nothing. Free Wi-Fi in lounge and (part) pool area. The pool was lovely, well laid out with plenty of beds and an efficient drinks and food service. The girls providing this service were very efficient and busy. Every one of the staff we spoke to were obliging and offered dining and other attraction advice. The bed was of the usual high Marriott standard and very comfortable. It always helps when 90 degree heat provides the backdrop for our two night stay. Wish we had stayed an extra 3 nights here and enjoyed the relaxation and ambiance that Palm Springs provides. The size of the hotel was perfect for us and confirmed what we had thought for a long while, that we prefer smaller, intimate hotels than the huge impersonal resort or business ones.
A small anecdote-we had a broke shower tap. The maintenance man was called and replaced it within half an hour. I offered him a $5 tip which he told me was too much!
Pretty much sums up that everything worked for us.
Highly recommended and our favourite hotel this trip by some way.

Room Tip: It seems that pool view rooms get balconies and mountain or desert view get extra room size. Worth a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your detailed feed back and for making the Renaissance Palm Springs your choice for your lodging needs while in Palm Springs. We are glad to note that you did enjoy the amenities of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family visited this hotel for 2 nights recently. Our original reservation booked thru Marriott, got totally botched and they had us booked in Fort Lauderdale FL instead of PS! It was corrected and we were upgraded to the "Govenors suite" which as a loft, living area, dining area, and 2 bathrooms. When we first came in the room it was about as hot inside as it was outside! We called for engineering and we also needed a roll a way bed. Both issues were fixed pretty quickly. When we walked up to check in, which was about 7pm on a Friday, the large trash cans on both sides of the entry were overflowing with trash, and some had fallen to ground! It was pretty nasty. I also noticed that the outside in the pool area, and patio areas needed to be hosed down and cleaned as there spills, etc all over. The staff was very polite and helpful, but their cleanliness on the outside has a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad that you eventually got to make it to Palm Springs.

You can rest assured that the opportunities mentioned have been discussed with the appropriate department managers and the necessary action has been taken.

We hope that you will return to the Renaissance Palm Springs.