“Lots of Fun!”
Review of Offroad Rentals

Offroad Rentals
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was a great activity for the whole family! The staff was nice and helpful. There was a mandatory video to watch, and the staff repeated all of the saftey steps. Minimum age to ride was 6, but the course is set up for all ages/levels. A few tips: 1) this is a cash only operation, 2) GPS on our phone didn't get us there...use the directions from the website, 3) bring a fanny pack for your valuables

2  Thank MNtripmaven
There are newer reviews for Offroad Rentals

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had never ridden an ATV before (I don't even have a driver's license) and it was way more fun than I expected. It's $40, the staff didn't seem to care how long we stayed out on the course, and they gave us some free cans of Big Red (!) on the way out. The view from the higher points on the track is beautiful, too. It's totally worth doing if you have a free afternoon in Palm Springs.

The place itself is a little weird. You have to watch an ancient, useless safety video in a weird underground bunker before you ride. There are a bunch of giant sculptures made of industrial detritus. The staff is eccentric. I kind of liked the weirdness - it was part of the adventure.

I would definitely go back, and I have recommended this place to friends.

PS: If you are new to this, do not ride the ATVs without socks. I totally got blisters on my ankles from the motor. Still worth it.

2  Thank CollyMack
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Good price but some weird staff. They are a bit creepy but none the less good spot.

1  Thank Ari G
Reviewed April 21, 2012

OMG!! what a blast. On the very outskirts of Palm Springs, this place will give you the heebee jeebees when you first see it. Like 2 steps back in time. But once you decide to go for it you will not be disappointed. Laid back yet serious about safety and instruction this was by far the most fun thing we did on our Coachella Valley vacation. It's hard to describe. You will have memories for years. From wearing the shower cap to finding a helmet that fits. Oh, and kids under 16 HAVE TO WEAR LONG PANTS. We were not aware of that but never fear O.R.R had us covered. Nothing like a 6yr old in a size 44 red Santa pants tied at the waist by some rubber window stripping.
We still laugh 4 weeks afterward as we look at the pictures.

3  Thank CoachellaKing
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is a great place for Dads with sons from 9-15. Their machines are smaller than the quads I'm used to riding but for $40 it was a nice diversion. Their machines have barely enough power to get up the sand dune hillside, but for kids you probably wouldn't want them to have more power than that.
I came on a cool day so I did not take advantage of the free sodas and water they had available. I wouldn't recommend it on a hot day.
Their course has lots of trails appropriate for the size of their vehicles. I was hoping for a bit more adventure and power, but their course is not big enough to handle adult ATVs.
The site is very minimal with no permanent structures, sort of what you might expect a homeless person to fabricate though it does have a flushing toilet. But there again, its in a hut dug into the ground with a dirt floor and a hose that allows the toilet to flush, which amazingly it does. However, even for a guy its a bit of a challenge using it because the toilet is a step up from the rest of the dirt floor, but the ceiling is too short for an adult man to stand up straight!

1  Thank Mark M