“Great food; superb service and the best beef chilli in town”
Review of Cowboy Way BBQ - CLOSED

Cowboy Way BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We always enjoy outdoor eating and I recommend that is what you do at the Cowboy way BBQ. The indoors of the restaurant is nothing special and has the feel of a diner but outsiide, the gardens are bright and pleasant and provide the dieal backdrop for a BBQ lunch or dinner.
The pulled pork is special; the Burgers are great; but the Chilli con carne was about the best I have ever tasted. Huge portions- do not bother with the starters unless you are real hungry or happy to share with others! Our service was great even at the end of a long hot day. The waitress was witty and "real" and very happy to mock our Englishness whilst making us feel "right at home". A great place for an informal meal or drink on the way into palm Springs from the I10.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I really enjoyed the food. The cole slaw was excellent. I had the sliders and ate all 3. Way too much food but really enjoyable. Nice atmosphere and decor. Friendly and attentive staff

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The food was good not great the service was very good the back patio although a bit run down was very tranquil
Limited parking in front but more in back
Odd sign near the bathroom states dont anger the fairies which as a rib joint makes you wonder if there is an alternate meaning as the restaurant across the street came under scrutiny for some prejudice remarks in the past
This place is ok i found the food better at Babes

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We decided to try this place (Sunday - September 1,2013) as it was walking distance from our Hotel. I tried calling beforehand to see if they offered takeout and was told by the guy that answered the phone that they didn't have takeout (Strike 1!). We then walked over to have a sit down dinner. It was approximately 7:30PM we were greeted by a male hispanic (same guy who answered the phone) who said, "You know we close at 8:00PM". To which my wife replied, "So are you saying we can't be seated?. His response was to the effect, "Oh we can sit you, but we also have takeout (Strike 2!). Hmmm, ok we get it you don't want to serve us. After we walked in this employee proceeded to turn away 4 other couples and was offering take out only. Anyway, we decided to order takeout and to our surprise it was ready in about 10 minutes. We get to the room and have no knives, forks, or napkins (Strike 3!). As far as the food goes it was really not that great. The portions of meat were rather small as were the sides. Unfortunately, wouldn't recommend this place to anyone visiting the area.

I hope the owner of this establishment reads this review!!

1  Thank jp92506
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went here with a friend to try out the BBQ. I had heard some good things about it. It did not disappoint! We sat right down, it was mid afternoon so not sure if there is a wait during peak hours. It sure smelled good. We saw the portion size given to another table so decided on a full rack and we split it and still had some left over for midnight snacking. The flavor was really delicious. These were the best ribs I've had since I made my own. The sides were good too. Great service. The decor is cowboy cafe and simple, but the music was fantastic! I will be returning to this place again!