“Awesome”

$105.00*
Earthquake Canyon Express Downhill Bike Adventure
Ranked #6 of 120 things to do in Palm Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Formed by a system of sand dunes, this 20,000-acre sanctuary is home to several species of rare wildlife and a number of palm oases.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

A must see while visiting the Valley.Been here several times and enjoy the scenery.We bring family and friends and they all agree to come back.It's a neat experience.

1  Thank MUZIKM

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Lovely place to visit- was only me and the lizards, mountain lions & owls there! It does get very hot, went for a walk to the oasis- the heat was incredible, when I got there it was so lovely to sit in the shade and watch the dragon flies and small birds. Walked around the oasis and found some still wet foot prints in the mud and on the path that could have come from a mountain lion- poster at the visitor centre did say that they have them and if attacked to fight back!! Only later did it occur to me that it had probably been watching me as I sat & ate my sandwiches! Startled an owl as I made my way further round the oasis- it sat at the top of a palm and glared at me for the whole remaining time I was there. Also saw some water spiders and some lizards. Really fantastic place :) BTW the visitor's centre is closed during the summer months.

1  Thank AmandaClaireBrown
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Where else can you go for a free 1 hour easy walk and have your guests pose for a picture in front of a sign that says they are standing on the San Andreas Fault line? Sorry that I can't take my dog but understand.

1  Thank germgaz
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I did a very long hike in the the preserve. Probably longer than most and hit several different oasis. There are some beautiful canyons and various sights if you wander far enough. Good views of the valley when you to a moderate climb. Also, finding streams in the desert to follow is always a plus.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Beautiful hidden desert oasis . This is a great spot to take a hike and explore the desert flora and fauna. There is a little picnic area , a small visitor center, and it is completely free!

1  Thank Skeck