“Happy Hour”

Sammy G's Tuscan Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sammy G's Tuscan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 337 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Baristo Rd.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

house wine $4; wells $5. Calamari very good with both rings & tentacles – very lightly breaded & good sauce ($5)

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

A little spendy, but worth it! They have 2 kinds of minestrone soup: I recommend the one with beans because it was amazing! Fresh pesto for your bread and the portobello mushroom ravioli. They also have a deal on their menu when you can pick from an assortment of different kinds of pasta and then choose a sauce/style to compliment it. That very nice especially if you have friends or children who like specific things.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Spending an evening with my husband of three weeks and my parents who were in from Florida. Initially were going to go to the chop house across the street but it was pricey so took a chance and went to Sammy Gs. So glad we did. The wait staff were engaging and funny as well as exceptional service. There was a live singer who sounded much like old blue eyes Frank Sinatra who serenaded during dinner. It was a perfect atmosphere. He even asked us if he was too loud for where we were sitting and we said yes a little and he toned it down. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was fantastic and the evening was perfect. I would recommend this place to anyone. Well worth your time.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Our second trip to this restaurant found us as pleased as our first. Our first visit was in the spring for lunch and the restaurant enjoyed quite a crowd. This visit was in June escaping 108° temperature. The hostess and Sal the manager greeted us warmly, And I lamented they no longer had gnocchi on their lunch menu,the manager quickly offered to make me gnocchi, becoming my hero! Our waiter Sergio, promptly and efficiently accommodated all of our requests ( we are a bit precise some call it picky in our desires) and offered wonderful advice on the menu. Our meal started with Two glasses of happy hour wine a quite good vintage and hey happy hour starts at 11:30 how amazing is that? Their bread and house made dip are to die for and they served the bread warm, The only way to serve a Tuscan sourdough. I heartily recommend the buffalo wings, they have a slight Italian flair to the house made buffalo sauce, amazing! I ordered the gnocchi in a vodka tomato cream sauce it arrived wonderfully resembling a Roman style gnocchi. My partner ordered his favorite, the skirt steak salad, a dish no longer on the menu but they wonderfully accommodated his desire, going so far as to make it with fillet mignon as they no longer have skirt steak. Give Sammy G's a try, I believe you will enjoy a great meal!

1  Thank mopsos
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We ate at Sammy G's with a large group, split between two long tables. The seating area was nice, the waiters were pleasant. The appetizers were good, including the calamari. Both of our tables ordered at about the same time, but the second table waited so long for their food that the first table had finished eating before it came. The waiter said this was due to the fact they were busy, which seemed like a poor excuse.
I had the chicken Parmesan, and I thought the flavors were a little bland. This area seems to have so many fun restaurants, I would explore those rather than eating at a restaurant that tasted like the Olive Garden.

1  Thank Kara J