“Affordable, fresh, and tasty”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #140 of 342 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What can go wrong with fresh breads, salads, sandwiches and delicious soups? Place your order at the counter and it will be delivered to your table when ready.

1  Thank scooter60

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Went here for lunch today. Ordered up the Sesame Chicken Salad.

First stuff not about the food. The salad come in a big bowl on top of a big plate with a napkin with a hunk of sourdough sub roll. The plate on the bottom was greasy and not very clean, Imagine you taking one of those nasty table rags and using that to clean the plate. And that is what the plate looked like. I wondered what my salad bowl looked like before the lettuce went in.

The food. The salad was just iceberg lettuce with some crunchy Asian noodles (wide not skinny), along with a chopped up chicken breast and some slivered almonds. Not very exciting, No tomato, no onion, no anything else. When I started in on the salad I though there was no dressing on it, I was about ready to return it when I found that the chef just dumped the dressing on one spot and never tossed it so all the dressing was on the bottom of the bowl. Kraft Sesame Asian lite dressing has more flavor than what I got here. I would suggest moving on to something different other than this salad.

The bread was meh, eh, so-so. Lots of fake sourdough flavoring. I bake my own bread at home and use Palm Springs wild yeast (sour dough started), it doesn't taste like the sourdough from San Francisco, yet the Panera Sour Dough bread tasted just like the stuff from San Francisco. So either its fake flavoring, the dough is mfg in SF and shipped to Palm Springs to be baked, it didn't taste like local Palm Springs Sourdough.

Since I bake my own bread, I guess I'm jaded, so take my review with that understanding, but I won't be back to Panera anytime soon. Its mediocre at best, its in the "fast food" category for me, The greasy finger printed plate killed it for me

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Knew nothing about this place, but it was great. Lots of healthy options. Would absolutely go back on our next trip to Palm Springs!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

The cherry danish were excellent. The rest of the baking looked great. Opens at six in the morning so it is great for when you are out on the early morning jog.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Flew into PSP and were straving! We went over and had a yummy bowl of soup and 1/2 sandwich. Very pleasant people working there! Crowded on a Saturday at noon, but everyone was taken care of in a timely matter. Food is always very fresh and tasty. Bought pastries for Sunday morning!!!