“Green curry delicious”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We ended up eating here twice on our visit. We loved it so much the first time we brought friends the next night. All dishes fresh and wait staff excellent. When I asked for the pad thai with tofu she made sure to check if egg was ok to use. We had several different dishes, all good, but were especially impressed with the green curry. Yum!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Although the clouds had crept across the San Jacinto mountains, there were no drops of water descending from them, so My Beloved and I set forth for Chada. Well, I am not exactly correct in saying that, because while we knew where we were going and to which restaurant, we did not know the name of it.

We were shown a table for two as soon as we walked through the door. We are pretty savvy diners, having dined in many countries, but we have rarely dined on Thai fare, so the menu had a certain mystique about it.

Nevertheless, when the Maitre d’ came (whom we believe to be the owner) to get our order, we boldly spouted out “Tom Kah as an appetizer, please,” to which he responded, “Bowl or pot?”. As My Beloved and I looked at each other wonderingly, he said, “Pot – better for you two share.” So he had made the decision for us. And we were, subsequently, delighted he had. However, he had not obtained all the information he needed. “What meat?”, he said. I had no idea what he meant: did he mean what did I want for my main course? Fortunately, My Beloved chimed in with, “Chicken, I think.” Obviously, she had read the menu better than I. So, Mr. Owner went away happy with her answer.

We were sipping our Merlot when he returned with a two-tiered apparatus, into which he plunged a fire-starter and. lo and behold, flame shot out through the centre of the apparatus, a good 30 centimetres high. Never had either of us seen anything quite so exotic and lovely as a way of serving a soup.

And what was, or is, Tom Kah? A hot and sour coconut milk soup with
delightful little straw mushrooms, Thai name Hed Fang, which resemble tiny little helmets, lemongrass and, yes, the chicken pieces. It was delicious! Truly delicious!

Additionally, as our mains, My Beloved chose the lightly breaded calamari, which were lovely and tender with a side of hot sauce, and I chose the crispy catfish, which came with a very tasty mildly spicy red sauce, broccoli and a few discs of carrot. A bowl of steamed rice served well as a foundation for excess sauce from my plate.

We denied ourselves any dessert and the whole came to $55 including $10 tip. A lovely meal and we will return to Chada.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We've been coming here consistently over the last 8 to 9 months, and have never, ever had a bad meal! It doesn't look like much from the outside, and it isn't on the main 'strip' on downtown PS, but this tiny little place has delicious food! Having spent my life in Asia, I get intense cravings for fried rice ALOT....at this place, the Chada Fried Rice is the lovely! It's the closest thing to the fried rice I often get back home. The beef with roasted cashew nuts and chilli is really good, as well as the chicken with chicken with spicy garlic and black pepper sauce or the eggplant and cilli and basil sauce. Also, the red curry is very very authentic! They do a mean arnold palmer, and their wonton soup is in a hearty, super tasty veggie broth. Service is quick and prompt, which is astounding since there are only two people usually waiting on the tables, but they are fast and efficient, and even when we order for pickup, the food is always ready in abut 20 to 25 minutes. We LOVE this place and only wish we'd found it sooner!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Located a bit north of downtown Palm Springs on Palm Canyon Drive, Chada Thai consistently delivers great home cooked thai food. Service is friendly and attentive. Curries are outstanding

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is superb place for thai food and a bonus that it is very reasonable! Three of us went there tonight for dinner. We had the Praram spinach, beef and brocolli in oyster sauce and orange chicken. All were good, fed 3 adult guys, bill was just under $30 before tip!
I know! you have to go. Never crowded not sure why but it is great!