“Grade A Sushi”
Review of Margarita's Restaurant - CLOSED

Margarita's Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love sushi and have been disappointed with the selection in Palm Springs, my husband brought me to a Mexican restaurant and they have a sushi bar.

I ordered the spicy yellow tail roll, and to my surprise it was very good, fresh yellow tail, professionally wrapped into a roll with just the right amount of spice, to heat up your mouth.

Service was a bit slow and bar prices a bit high, but I found a sushi spot downtown adjacent.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Margarita's provides a relaxing alternative to the more crowded Mexican places along Palm Canyon and, if anything, the food is as good or better and the staff far friendlier (Vasili was our server and struck just the right balance of being attentive without being in our face). The dining area is airy and spacious with a high pyramid cathedral ceiling, and there's plenty of elbow room at the tables. There are also three bars (two for drinks, one for sushi); one bar is in the lounge, which has live music on weekends. The Mexican part of the menu is quite varied and not limited just to Tex-Mex; it's more along the lines of Rio Azul, but the food (and salsa) here have more of a kick; Sushi, American, and Italian dishes are also served. Among the dishes we sampled was the chile colorado: very tasty red sauce, succulent shredded beef (not dry and ropy, as is often the case elsewhere). Drinks were a bit on the pricy side, but well worth the extra $$; our margaritas were strong and flavorful. And when this place serves grande, it is a grande size. We'll definitely be back -- and try the coconut shrimp appetizer and Tilapia Veracruziana the next time.

1  Thank Cmuse
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had never been here before but friends recommended it. It is a very interesting restaurant, they have a full sushi bar, a Mexican menu, and American menu. They have a large bar and the décor is very nice. We opted for the Mexican menu the salsa was very good and the meals were good, large portions but typical American Mexican food, nothing to shout about. The service was very good. The Margarita's were also very good. It was very comfortable place and not too noisy so you could talk without shouting. Lots of room so you are not crammed into your table with others right next to you. This is some place we will return to when we visit Palm Springs.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We went to Margarita's today to celebate my birthday. Restaurant is very pretty inside but food was pedestrian at best-probably the least good of any Mexican restaurant I have visited in Coachella Valley. My daughter had a Cobb Salad which was just plain awful-we should have sent it back but did not. Greasy dressing drowned iceberg lettuce and there was some tough bacon with a few other things-but no blue cheese. By late afternoon my daughter was feeling an upset stomach and I felt uncomfortably bloated, but not quite sick. We did not have any alcoholic drinks so know nothing about that.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great food and even better Margarita's..!! Just like the other reviews on here, one great little spot you need to stop at...