“Resting on its laurels”
Review of The Well Spa

The Well Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: THE WELL® Spa at Miramonte offers a full range of health & wellness services. Spa treatments incorporate techniques inspired by Tuscan living including therapeutic muds, wine extracts, pure essential oils, & refreshing waters. Featuring exclusive products from Germaine de Capuccini, THE WELL will indulge you in treatments that will balance your mind, body & inner spirit. Express your artistic side with one of our signature services, the Pittura Festa Painting Party. Bright-colored muds & clays are painted on body, face and hair. An application of oil or a massage follows, while the nourishing muds cleanse & detoxify the body, soothing muscles & joints. Other unique services include the Aqua Well water massage performed while floating in our heated pool, bagno vino (wine baths) & Vichy showers provided on tables built from 100-year-old Acacia cedar. Distinctive river benches in the saltwater pool allow you to relax under a shallow stream of falling water.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Hermos Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Resting on its laurels”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

In Sam Raimi’s Western “The Quick and the Dead,” in the final quick draw shootout, Gene Hackman yells “You’re not fast enough!” To which Sharon Stone confidently replies “Today I am.” In a quick draw you only need to be the best for a split second.
Well I guess Sharon Stone was managing the Well Spa the day Conde Nast came through, because this place was anything but #1 on Father’s Day. Massage was fine, but the facilities, and service???? There’s a small pool with 7 small waterfalls, 4 didn’t work. In 100 degree lunch time heat, there were only 3 umbrellas to provide shade to all patrons. When asked if they could bring another for my wife I was informed that all other umbrellas on the property were designated for the restaurant or the main pool. Not that they were being used, that they were designated for other areas. Tough for you, enjoy the burn.
If you’re the 200th best spa in North America this is OK service, but if you’re #1 and you boast about that on your website and put copies of the article up on the walls, and stickers saying “#1 Spa” on your magazines so nobody forgets…. This is not acceptable service.
Next, the steam room was only 103 degrees (my wife told me the women’s was 120). It wasn’t a steam room, it was just a bad summer day on the east cost. The shower was nothing special, just a single regular shower with a plastic adjustable shower head that was broken and would not adjust. When the locker room ran out of towels, nobody restocked them for hours until somebody finally complained. I noticed that items of trash on the locker room counters were not removed all day. I assume because nobody bothered to check.
I could go on, and each on it’s own would sound trivial, but together they describe a very poorly managed spa. And that’s really disappointing, because it’s #1 ranking is one of the main reasons we were at this particular hotel. I’m not a spa person, I might go when my wife does on vacation once a year. But I can tell you I’ve been in a lot better, and had much better experiences that this. Even if everything worked great and the staff was attentive, from a guy's perspective the facilities are nothing to brag about. No rain shower, no jaquzzi, no sauna, no plunge pool, small locker room.

Visited June 2011
8 Thank Delphini

Fallbrook, CA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Can be a wonderful experience but can be crowded at peak times”
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I didn't care for the underlying attitude of the receptionist when I tried to redeem a credit I just got from the front desk, there are always "exceptions" for use. There is a limited amount of space for use though, I was told to come early and enjoy the facilities and to lounge until my appointment. During the peak times, there was no place to "lounge" indoors (it was chilly outside) because there are only 6 lounge chairs inside. The Watsue pool is only available if a treatment is not being done and the Hot Soaking pool can't hold more than 7 or 8 people comfortably who want any privacy.I was a little shocked that they only had 2 showers available and there was no attendant to clean things in the actual shower between sets of people. Lets face it, no matter how rich a person may be, it is never a guarantee that they are hygenic OR considerate of the next person. I elected to get the "Pella de Oro" Signature treatment, I was not disappointed by "Angela". Very relaxing and rejuvenating at the same time. Overall, I only recommend it at the odd or off hours.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Onecrazykitty
Bellevue, WA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“The Well Spa - Miramonte Hotel Indian Wells”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Do not waste your time at The Well Spa. It is overpriced and jam packed. Tight spaces, tiny pools, very little seating, cramped locker and only 2 bathrooms/showers for way too many clients, all booked in quick succession. Feels like a catttle call. This was a let down. Front desk staff was friendly, massage was OK. The web site looks great, but sadly The Well Spa at Miramonte Resort in Indian Wells/Palm Springs over promises and does not deliver. What a let down!

8 Thank TravelBunch