All reviews full kitchen continental breakfast private patio rooms were spotless great kitchen pool and hot tub kitchen area small property home away from home short drive couple of nights coffee maker flat screen comfy bed close to downtown resort fee kitchenette
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

Came across this very cute hotel..... Very secluded private and cozy....we had the pool to our selfs the night we arrived and all day during our stay. The room was very clean the bed was super comfy. The staff was great...it is not walking distance to town down maybe a short drive. Better than a big chain hotel, We will be back with out a doubt ❤️ it here

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2016

I booked this hotel less than a week before hitting Coachella Music Fest. Usually it is near to impossible to book a hotel during this time & if you can find a place they gouge you with super high prices. I was able to get this place for about $250 including taxes at last minute. I wouldn't normally pay that much for a place like this but felt like a bargain at the time since i was desperate. When we checked in i was pleasantly surprised. It is a very small hotel but they offer a lot of extra amenities which are nice. The staff was really nice too. The hotel room was a decent size & included a kitchen area. Rooms are a bit dated looking though. Could use a little sprucing up. They also include free wifi, free breakfast, tea, coffee & water. By the pool area they have a little area with a fridge stocked with water & coffee & tea machine. I can't remember what they had for breakfast but i believe it was bagels, cereal & fruit. They also provide an array of sunscreen lotions by the pool. The pool area is also small but adequate. At the time i booked the hotel i couldn't find any reviews for the hotel & i found out upon arrival that is a newly branded hotel. It used to be a gay clothing optional hotel just the week before i arrived. Which explains why they had a last minute opening! Yay for me, haha

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank deborah g
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

When we first booked we didn't know what to expect since it was so small, but it turned out to be an incredible stay! Edgar at the front desk gave great service and was incredibly helpful. We also met Daniel, who was wonderful.

There are 9 rooms surrounding a beautiful salt water pool. It's very private, which we loved. You need to use your key to get into the property, so we felt safe. It was quiet for the most part. The only thing I'd recommend is for front desk to be quiet in the mornings since only our room (2A) is connected with two doors leading to the office and you can hear EVERYTHING! There was also a weird smell that was a bit stronger in the office than our room, but it still bothered us. We bought air freshener spray to cover it up.

Overall, still 5 stars. We definitely plan on returning time after time. I can't wait to come back. Next time, we will upgrade to one of their suites so we get a full kitchen.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AvanceHotel, Front Office Manager at Avance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2016

Hello Amber,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to improve our service, as it is our priority to satisfy all of our guests. We will keep in mind being quieter when suite 2A is occupied. Thank you again.

We look forward to your next visit!

Best,

Reviewed June 25, 2016

I stayed at the Avance for only one night May 27, 2016. What a mistake should have stayed there a week. The property is quaint and private. The hotel has put a great deal in making this a fabulous property. I was travelling solo and the room I had like all were right at the pool. I had a great room with a small living room a giant brand new top of the line kitchen a beautiful bedroom and a bathroom to die for. The price was great and the hotel is in a residential area but is very safe with great security. Yet it is right near everything in downtown Palm Springs. I normally stay at gay owned hotels but I will forfeit that for this property anytime. The room was big enough for me to live in for life if I did not have 4 closets of clothes...just a joke they provide plenty of closets for vacation. I wish them the best and would recommend them to anyone without hesitation..........Loved it

Room tip: A great small property that is top-notch
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Hello Charles,

Thank you so very much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate your time spent writing this review.

Please come see us soon, and yes, maybe next time you can stay a little longer.

Best.

Reviewed June 22, 2016

A lovely small hotel with a lovely pool. Our room was very comfortable with a separate kitchen area. If you want to eat outside, there's a lovely shady table and chairs right outside the room. The AC was perfect at 117% degrees outside. We had a coffee station outside right near our room and a continental breakfast in the morning. We found the staff to be attentive and we had plenty of towels for pool and room. We were very happy and would stay there again.

Room tip: All the rooms surround the pool so pick the size that works for you!
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We truly hope you can keep us in mind for a future trip to Palm Springs.