“Much improved!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Palm Springs
Ranked #51 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A group of us stay here every year for a guy's golf trip. The last couple of years, the hotel had a need for some attention. This year, they gave it some attention and it was much improved. The bedding, carpets, the common area and the pool were all upgraded. Now I am not comparing this to a luxury hotel, but for a budget hotel, it was nice. The staff was pleasant and the location cannot be beat! Walking distance to the downtown strip and restaurants!

Room Tip: Choose a pool view on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Chris K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for giving our attention some attention! It is always a pleasure accommodating your golf group. We have an aggressive plan to upgrade further and we hope to see your group for years to come. Thanks again for your kind words!

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Palm Springs

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Dirty, noisy, old, poorly kept. This is definitely the low cost provider for a reason. I came away feeling as if i needed a shower. My understanding is that this hotel is recently under new management.... its not good. The attitude toward the guests was that they were doing us a favor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bill w
Chris K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for joining TripAdvisor and sharing your experience with us. We take all comments, good or bad, seriously. I would love to share your experience with my staff so that we may improve where we are lacking. You can reach me at 760-778-3699.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were there 3 nights.The pool area is quite pleaseant. Also has a big hot tub. They spend a lot of time on landscape and gardening.The room was nice. TV could use updating.
Breakfast was good and had a nice variety.The staff was friendly and helpful. It was in a good location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gary s
Chris K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for choosing us and staying 3 nights! I'm glad you were able to enjoy our pool area, I feel like jumping in it on hot days like this. TV's are being ordered this week!! We hope that by the next time you come, they will be ready to go. Kind Regards!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I'm in Palm Springs a lot and on several occasions had to grab a room here. Of the budget hotels it's likely the best offering for Palm Springs. The rates are usually pretty good depending on your dates. The location is wonderful. It's right in the heart of downtown, you can walk to a lot from it. (24 hour Rite Aid right across the street which is super handy.)

The rooms are pretty big, which is normal for the area. Theirs have been consistently clean every time I've stayed there. It's a fairly big property, which is also kept well. The spread is decent for the price. The pool and jacuzzi are resort sized. The "gym" is a few basic machines, but it's clean, stocked with towels and amply air conditioned. I am surprised they even have one at all. There's even a coin operated laundry room.

Service is also quite good. They've always been helpful and polite. I even left behind a shirt once. It was laundered and waiting for me when I came back about 2 months later. The free internet can be a little slow at times; so bring your own hotspot if that's an issue. But otherwise this is my go-to place in the budget category when in Palm Springs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cbcito

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and our staff. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are proud to offer the only midscale pricing that is in the heart of downtown, so that our travelers don't have to drive from their rooms to their favorite restaurants/entertainment. Internet has been a growing issue for us as well as the hotel industry in general. I am currently working on getting speeds to meet the demand of our guests. Please contact me directly and let me know who washed your shirt! I want to reward them for providing such excellent customer service!! Warm regards!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was a little disconcerted when I arrived as there was a vacant lot on one side, a strip mall on the other and it just seemed to be in a really run-down area. However it is ONLY a block off the main shopping/eating area, so ended up being totally safe and convenient. I think they're in the process of renovating as the lobby is very nice and the exterior including the pools are lovely.
The room I had (330) had a rather nasty odor - I don't know what it was? Maybe the room had been smoked in and it was to hide that? I tried to open a window which did not work unfortunately. Running the noisy a/c did help a bit, but next time I would ask for a different room. (I was tired and hot and had an early flight so just wanted to relax). It desperately needs an update - just was very dreary and 1970-ish. Hopefully they will be upgrading this along with the elevator! (I only took the elevator once - it was freaky! I hauled my stuff up & down the stairs after that!)
Breakfast is pretty standard with waffles, bread, cereals, eggs, sausage etc. Good enough selection and competent staff keeping an eye on things.
Staff were very friendly & helpful.
I would stay here again mainly because it's reasonably priced & convenient.

Room Tip: Main floor unless you want to haul luggage up stairs - I don't recommend the really tiny, scary...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CowboyUpAlberta

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us! I am glad that your worries about safety were quickly turned around, and yes we are currently updating all of our rooms, including our elevators. I'm really sorry that your room smelled like smoke, it should have been shut down. Now that I know how you feel about our elevators, contact me and I'll assist you with your luggage!

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Found it cheap on orbitz and stayed a night, friendly staff, decent breakfast, clean rooms, nice amenities and cozy stay. Just wish the a/c in the room worker better. You could tell the room was clean and it was within walking distance to a cool local bar.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank stevie g
Chris K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for mentioning our local bars in the area. We have many in walking distance that our guests can take advantage of. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the staff as well as the hotel. Feel free to contact me for any future reservations and I will personally make sure your A/C is just right. Kind regards!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

stayed here mid week for a mother daughter trip. it was clean enough, although there was mold in the shower. AC was loud, window wouldn't open. fridge worked great. the room towels are small and the pool towels even smaller. breakfast was nice because of the large variety. location was great as it was just a block or so from downtown activities. this is a family friendly place. chose to stay here because of location and price and included breakfast. I do prefer a resort type hotel. pool was clean. front desk staff was friendly both for check-in and check-out

Room Tip: 207 looks over the courtyard and is near the stairs. smelled kind of stagnant in the room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent mother daughter trip to our hotel. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations for such a special trip. If you do decide to take another trip to Palm Springs, please contact me directly so I may assist you. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and our breakfast. We want to make our pool area more resort-ish, so if you do have any suggestions, let me know! Warm Regards!