“great hotel but...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Tempe, Arizona, United States
“great hotel but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

we recently stayed here and i will tell you that there is a lot to love about it. it's a block away from the main downtown drag and super close to practically EVERYTHING including but not limited to the palm springs follies, the forever marilyn statue, and the aerial tramway. probably the farthest we had to go was 10 miles to cabazon to see the dinosaurs. the hotel was beautiful and we had a hot breakfast including scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles YUM!

the only reason i can't give this 5/5 was because i thought the rooms were rather plain. the beds were comfortable and shower felt amazing, but the lights took forever to come on all the way and the decor in the room was so boring. also, the only parking was up front and the hotel was closed off so we had to go through the lobby every time we wanted to leave the hotel. also, the pool either wasn't heated or they had just turned the heat up because it was COLD COLD COLD!

still i feel the pros outweigh the cons and we will definitely be staying here next time we come to palm springs.

Room Tip: we were in room 105 and it was a great location because it was close to EVERYTHING! pool, ice machin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Caitlyn O
Chris K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Palm Springs, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We are blessed to be in such a prime location, and I'm very happy to hear that you were able to experience these local attractions. I will share your thoughts about the plain decor with the owner, and I apologize that the pool heater was not operating during your stay! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to offer suggestions about the decor and for your rates and reservation. Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Southern California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The common ares are better than most Comfort Inns. The location is one block from the main downtown shopping area and several good, small restaurants. The staff is friendly and eager to help. The rooms go back to the Reagan era. I was first struck by the overuse of odor-masking spray. The room was freshly painted, but not by a professional. The furniture are a slightly worn, 80’s style. Bedding was comfortable, but no as substantial as a Hampton or Holiday Inn Express. Old TV with a fair number of analog channels. There was a constant drone from a pump or fan outside the room. There was a great deal of plumbing noise from the other rooms. The bathroom fan sounded powerful enough to power a small Cessna. The breakfast is heavy in fat, cholesterol, and sugar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SoCal_Visitor
Chris K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Palm Springs, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your valuable feedback. We are excited to see new changes coming in the near future with upgrades including new TV's. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance. Feel free to contact us to see what improvements have been implemented before your next stay. We hope to see you in the near future. Kind Regards!
Waterloo, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a below par Comfort Inn. Breakfast did not offer any cold cereals. Toilet in our room was leaky. Couldn't get cold water from the tap to save your life. It I were paying <$100 per night, then it would be tolerable. However, at $121 a night I would expect more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank llwillia
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback. We had to move our hot and cold cereals to our sitting area due to the additions of the hot eggs and sausages. I will speak to my breakfast team to move the cereal to a more noticeable area so that our future guests do not miss it. We do appreciate when our guests bring items to our attention so that we may rectify them for the most enjoyable stay. Please feel free to contact me directly when returning and I'd be happy to assist with rates and reservations. Best Regards.

Travelers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I was was here in September and just got back from another great weekend. I love the improvements they've done since my last visit. The staff is ALWAYS so great, you'd think they knew us. What I really enjoy is the breakfast, what a nice way to start your day. And there is sooo much to choose from. Thanks again to the front desk and the housekeepers for always being so nice. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for being a repeat guest of ours and providing feedback for fellow TripAdvisor travelers! We will be constantly upgrading the property for the rest of the year and we look forward to providing you another great stay. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and I will share your comments with our team. Thanks again for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. Warm regards!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The room was ok and within walking distance of Palm Canyon Drive. We specifically asked for a quiet room and got one that faced the pool and there was a band at a restaurant on the street about 500 feet from the pool that felt like it was playing inside of our room.

The breakfast was great, tasty and plenty of items. Loved the strawberry waffles.

Overal great value for us so we could spend the next night in the area at a Spa with a higher rate per night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and giving us valuable feedback on how to improve guest satisfaction. I will speak to my front desk agents to never put a guest into a poolside room when a quiet room is requested. I am very apologetic for that. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our strawberry waffles! Feel free to contact me directly so that I may assist you with rates and reservations for your next stay. Kind regards.
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have a friend that stayed here a year ago who recommended the hotel, but I am less than impressed. For the price I paid, I feel ripped off.

I made my reservation months in advance and checked in at a reasonable time, so I should have been able to get a king room. Instead, I got 2 queen beds, neither of which had a decent mattress. The bathroom was in poor condition; tile falling off the baseboard, a shower curtain rod that was mounted wrong causing the curtain to slide open, and lighting so dim I could barely see once the curtain closed.. My room plus another room I saw were in poor shape, from the carpet to the condition of the walls.

The soundproofing is pretty bad also, and I woke up very early one morning to the water pipes making a horrendous noise. The next morning I was awoken by the guy in the adjacent room having a phone conversation. The guy wasn't shouting - just speaking normally, but I could easily hear his entire side of the phone call, and this was not even the adjoining type room.

The grounds were well kept and the breakfast was just okay. The only positive thing about this place was the hotel staff, who were very good and performed their jobs efficiently and quickly.

I will not be staying here again even if the price were $50 lower.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Having had pleasant experiences at numerous Comfort Inns when traveling, I selected this location for a business trip overnight in Palm Springs . Thankfully, it was only ONE night ! From the rate "discussion" upon arrival , my pre-requested conditions (confirmed earlier with central reservations at a firm price) were ignored, and I was told that rooms of the type requested could ONLY be obtained by additional cost. That seemed outrageous as the hotel was not full ( or even close), and I walked by numerous suitable rooms en route to my far-away, very inconvenient location. Then, my room was a litany of bad conditions : chemical smells from new carpet. ( While I understand new carpets do smell...it seemed that there might have been rooms less chemically infused, or aired out prior to occupation. ) The tub stopper did not work properly, and the HOT-COLD shower handle was reversed, which could result in some dangerous temp conditions, had I not investigated before entering the shower..... right down to little things : missing basic items like tissues ( there were exactly 2 tissues in the box, no replacements), which would have been absolutely no big deal....except for the other things. I had to park in creepy parking in the far back section of the facility, enter into a darkened hallway (complete with large garbage cans),then take an old, rattling, dingy elevator . ALL of this, plus the bed was soft, uncomfortable and in need of being replaced - AND the heater unit was plugged into an electrical wall outlet which had a permanent, bright green light on it...resulting in a bright, green light shining into my room all night...plus, the GFI unit on another electrical plug just beeped on ( or off) several times during the night, unpredictable and unrelated to anything I could determine. PLUS, this room was an "adjoining " one, with neighbors whose sneezing and snoring were audible through the "adjoining" door all through the night as well. Totally strange and uncomfortable overnight at this facility. Must say that I will avoid this place in the future, and suggest you do the same !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business