“Not worth the calories.”

King's Highway at ACE Hotel & Swim Club
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Highway at ACE Hotel & Swim Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 337 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I don't know if we just stopped by on a bad night but the best I can give this place is a "nothing special" . We have been here before and the experience was better.

We stopped by for an evening meal and were totally underwhelmed by both the food and the service. The hostess and waitress were pleasant enough, but I can't say we felt welcome. It felt like we were keeping them away from their evening. Perhaps its just the vibe of the place that night and they wanted to go home even though it was only about 7:30 when we were there.

When i travel I try to eat healthy stuff for the most part. When i do go for something not so good me i want to make sure the calories are worth every bite. Sadly, the food here was not worth the calories.The food was average and totally forgettable. The house wine my husband had was not good and he ended up leaving it after a couple of sips. The fries were standard, the garlicky dipping sauce pretty unremarkable. We also had the fish tacos, which were good, just again nothing really special or something I would remember.

I have to admit, i have had some good food from this place before and that is why we came back. The service for the most part has decent.

1  Thank KathPEdmonton

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Can't go wrong with Stumptown coffee. We wanted to check out the Ace. This is a big property and full of people in the 20's. They serve Stumptown coffee so that was our main draw. The breakfast was good with big comfy booths.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

As a local, have enjoyed meals here and always, always the Sticky Date Pudding! It was a staple and what they were known for. And why people came back. Well, new kitchen management thought it would be a good idea to discontinue this crowd pleaser. My party of 4 was very disappointed . The menu has also been "improved" and not for the better. Who really wants to eat a pigs ear for a starter? I had kale and quinoa salad and it was good. But I'm underwhelmed with the changes in general and won't be back anytime soon

1  Thank Bon1111
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Day three sampling Chilaquiles in various restaurants around Palm Springs. These were the best thus far. The kitchen uses scrambled eggs on the bottom that are topped with a delicious red sauce and crema. Added the chorizo...fabulous!

Recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

When I saw that other reviews had slammed this place, I had to comment. The food here was excellent. My wife and I shared each item and compared notes, agreeing at every turn; so you might consider that this review counts for two. We had the kale and quinoa salad first, and it was really, really good -- in spite of what I had imagined it would be. Raw kale is for vegetarians, right? Well, I'm definitely NOT a vegetarian, but this salad is delicious! First-rate olive oil and other ingredients. Very fresh. Perfect balance. Huge, and loved every bite. We also shared the Tagliatelle pasta dish, and my only complaint was that there wasn't more of it! We ended the meal with the pistachio crème brûlée, which was absolutely awesome! One of the best. So do try this place yourself, because you may find it as top-notch as we did. We're not from California, but will certainly revisit this place any time we are in the area!