“Hidden find”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Vista Chino
Description: It's all about cravings. Satisfying the ones you have, and creating sensory experiences that are totally unexpected. Fine dining is re-defined in Circa 59, taking the stage with eco-friendly fish, delicious premium cuts of meat, locally grown farm fresh produce and "sharables" you'll have difficulty, well, sharing.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The prie fixe menu $36 is a real bargain for a luxury hotel like this. There is the regular a la carte menu but this one has some of the same good items fromit and when you add it up you come out ahead

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at the landmark Riviera resort in Palm Springs when I was a teenager in the 1970's, and was curious to see what it looked like now, so I took my husband there for lunch during our recent holiday vacation. A massive, and still on-going, renovation has totally changed its appearance, but it's still pure Palm Springs, fun and flashy, retro and chic. We wandered through the dazzling lobby areas, complete with white grand piano and glitzy decor, and found the Circa 59 restaurant, with seating that overlooks the iconic and seductive pool area. The waitstaff was warm and welcoming, and led us to a large, circular private booth, while Sinatra tunes wafted through the air. I ordered the Valley Grill sandwich, and it was fresh, tasty, and marvelous. The service was fantastic. After lunch, we toured the relaxed yet festive pool area. A few days later, we returned for dinner at Circa 59, and were equally pleased with our experience. The service and food were again spectacular, and you gotta see their LED-lit menus!! I would definitely recommend the Circa 59 restaurant to family and friends, and hope to return in the future. It's just FUN.

1  Thank ilovecomfort
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I wasn't impressed. The entire hotel's decor was 1950s retro and it screamed for a new designer! The restaurant was the same and somewhat distracting.

2  Thank MssPat
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were there for 12-23/25 and so, enjoyed our Christmas Eve dinner at Circa59 - which was included in the cost of the package and was scrumptious, truly.

Our server, named Heather, was a delight and paced the meal delivery like a bell orchestrated balet. She anticipated every need and made the night completely delightful.

We started with the lobster chowder, which was a meal in itself. I have big eyes, but small tummy, at least content-wise, so I prefer a bisque to a chowder, but it was out of this world.

Jeff ordered the salmon, I got the blue-cheese sprinkled filet, both of which came back to the suite with us, along with key lime pie and some decadent chocolate thing Jeff loved. I was so stuffed I couldn't believe it.

I missed Happy Hour, so I can't speak to their prices then, but earlier in our stay we had lunch, and paid $14 for a Long Island Iced Tea, so just a repeat that this is a top shelf resort and they price things accordingly. Then again, the Iced Teas were the best we've ever had, so there's that.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you stay at The riviera, do not miss the Circa 50 dining experience, pick a table by a firepit and enjoy the experience! The filet and risotto were amazing! A great experience!