“Disappointed”
Review of Peaks Restaurant

Peaks Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peaks Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 319 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palm Canyon Road
Melbourne
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is my first review of any restaurant I've attended ever because I feel so strongly about what I've experienced. To be honest, the place is a waste of money. The service was disgusting, the menu average and as for the nice uninterrupted view, non existent. I expected to pay a premium for the location but this was ridiculous. To top it off we felt intimidated to pay the 18 percent gratuity, don't mind paying when the service is good but not here.

• Visited July 2012

“The worst food in Palm Springs”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Taking the tram to the top of Palm Springs is fine if you want to do the tourist attraction however I promise you don't go hungry. The food is the saddest thing Ive eaten and I love to eat. We had the cheese burger, I've had better ones microwaved at 7-11. The turkey club sandwhich, was so dry and it was served on a crumbling bun, I wouldn't feed to the fish!. The drinks came out of the tap flat ad the servers were slow and painfully rude. Overall .5 out of 10

Palm Springs, California
“A good meal above Palm Springs!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I dinned again at Peaks Restaurant at the Top of the Tram again this past weekend. Once again I was impressed by the presentation of the plates. They made the dishes a meal for the eye as well as the palate.
It was Palm Springs Restaurant Week and Peaks was participating so the regular menu was not offered. Instead it was a three course meal for $36.00. Included with the meal was a glass of wine for each person which was a very nice touch for those who don't usually drink or don't drink more than a glass.
We both had the Roasted Beet Salad which really was a misnomer because there was more smoked salmon than roasted beet but it was very nice none the less.
My companion had the Filet Mignon which was very well cooked and came with a very tasty onion stuffed potato side. I had the Duck which was excellent. Well cooked and very moist it came witha Foie Terrine and a Rasberry Sauce. A very nice dish.
For dessert my companion had the Lemon Myrtle which was much too dense - polenta is not really a dessert item in our opinion! But the sweet berry pudding that it came with was delicious. I had the Peach Cobbler which contary to the report given by our server was not too sweet but perfectly flavored.
All in all a very good meal again. Every meal we have had at the "new" Peaks Restaurant has been very good or excellent. If you have not been to dinner at the Top of the Tram in several years, I would recommend that you give Peaks Restaurant a try it is well worth the price of the Tram up and back.

• Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive "appetizers"”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I love the tram experience, usually daytime hikes. Yet a recent dinner at Peaks Restaurant was a major dissapointment. Four couples went up to celebrate one's birthday. I wanted to order from the menu but they said we had to have the $36.00 price fixe dinner. After $102.00 (2 dinners, plus my wife's glass of wine, tax and tip), we were still hungry, as was everyone else at the table. The soup was a very small cup -- and only half full!. The entrees were three bites. Their steaks were the size of an icecube and my fish smaller than a deck of cards. Just a couple of Costco kiosks feed you more. I'm a senior and not a big eater, but this was riduculous. Pretty sad experience -- no bread, rolls, crackers or anything else served and I had to ask to get my water refilled.Then, after dinner and we did a few presents, the hostess came and said we had to leve as others were waiting for our table. How rude! Leaving I noticed the food on the plates of the cafeteria diners and was jealous. One of the guys said he was thinking about hitting the Carl's at the bottom of the hill. I felt like joining him.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank 711Greg
“great food”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

the food was beautifully presented, and everything was delicious. The bruschetta was the best I have ever had, even better than in Italy! The service was great. We had a table by the window with amazing views of the mountains and valley below. When we complimented the waitstaff about the food, she brought out the chef for us to meet him personally! Highly recommended!

Visited May 2012