“Needs makeover”

Marquis Villas Resort
Ranked #55 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the employees we encountered. After that it is all downhill. The first room had a water leak around the tub that was about to go onto the floor. Thankfully we checked everything BEFORE we settled in and they changed us to another room. This one was clean but really in need of work. The carpet in front of the sofa was frayed to about an inch wide that ran the entire length of the living room and dining room. The furnishings were 3D -dirty, dated, disgusting. The carpet and draperies were stained. The tile in bathrooms was cracked, chipped and dingy. The bedding was old and cheap - sheets were scratchy Percale and comforter was in such bad shape that, if it were mine, I would give it to group who makes ugly quilts for the homeless. I had to ask for tea bags . Even the Super 8 provides coffee/tea supplies as well as breakfast!!! On the plus side, the staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. They did extend our checkout time one hour. There is underground parking that at least gives you a sense of some security (hopefully not "false" security.) When a Resort charges a daily "Resort Fee", a guest should feel like they are getting something for that fee. In this case it felt like a way to increase the price of the rooms. This place needs a LOT of updating BEFORE it even meets standard room quality.

Room Tip: At this point in time I am not sure there are any good rooms available in this place.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam2011_11
Diamond R, Manager at Marquis Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

We are making strides in providing updates as needed. Your feedback allows us to focus on changes that our guests want. Our team members do their best to provide excellent customer service and take actions that will ensure our guests have a great stay. The resort fee also covers the recreation facilities and high speed internet access. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance to help create a memorable stay at Marquis Villas Resort.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

we were given a room on the second floor and while we were out one night our room was broken into and our laptop was stolen. I made a report and I was told by security that they have a long history of break ins especially on the second and third floors. the police detective came out and told me this hotel is known for break ins and they have a lot of stolen property reports. Upon checkout I saw the maid walking down the hallway with some of my stolen property. Again I called the police again. there are no cameras inside or out. Management has refused to put cameras in the past. They have denied my request to reimburse me for my loss! They do not protect their guests or their safety.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank melissa92499
Diamond R, Manager at Marquis Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay, although we terribly regret how unsatisfactory the experience turned out to be for you. While we are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen personal items, we deeply regret that this incident occurred during your stay with us. We have no reason to suspect a theft at this time, but a report has been taken and we have checked lost and found. When situations such as this arise, a lock read on the unit will be done. We also collect statements from our teams as a part of our thorough investigation. Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to address your concerns.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

should have listen to the reviews but my husband was like groupon has a deal there is a reason why this timeshare has a groupon deal. it is in a desperate need for an upgrade. i mean why have a hot tub, tennis court then have a broke down looking gym and room decor from the eighties. lol
pros
tennis court location large pool, kiddie pool and hot tub
cons
older needs more staffing( especially at pool)
we waited 30 minutes to get the tennis supplies and they ran out of poolside towels with no one replacing them. BIGGEST COMPLAINT: check out time is at 10 am no exceptions !!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank raychael84

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our resort is proud to offer spacious and tidy accommodations, and we regret to hear you were dissatisfied with your room. We appreciate your feedback, as we are always looking for growth opportunities and to address any areas of improvement. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back for an even more enjoyable stay in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and keep expecting it to be upgraded. The location
and size of the 1 bedroom unit is great. However, the furniture and decor has not been
upgraded. The 2 TV's are old and very small. This would even make a big difference.
It is a very long walk to some of the units as the 2nd elevator has been out of service for
a long time. The only stairs lead outside and then you can't come back in. We will not
be back again until things change. I asked about a cardboard sign in the lobby advertising a golf special and was told it had expired and should probably be taken down. The guy did nothing and it was still there 3 days later.
Most of the staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly but they must be very
frustrated.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We got a great deal on Amazon to stay for two nights here and I'm glad we did it. The room is huge…more like a one bedroom condo and has a full kitchen, living room, and a huge master bath with a walk-in closet. The condo was clean, but VERY old. The carpet in the entire building is terrible like other reviewers have mentioned.There were a lot of people in the pool area, but the water looked a little cloudy to me when I walked by it in the early morning. We were supposed to get a room with 1 King size bed, but instead they gave us one with 2 doubles. We don't mind sleeping close, so that wasn't too big of a deal to us, but both beds were ridiculously uncomfortable! Overall, my husband and I had fun on our vacation and had a decent place to stay. Just don't go expecting a luxury hotel and I'm sure you'll have fun too!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

When i heard resort i imagined it would be better of what i got. the carpet old and ripped. the beds also old and made a lot of noise. everything was clean but old. If you are looking for luxury this isn't the place to do so.the pictures in their website show really niece furniture but the reality is other...all old furniture and mattresses

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Made reservations here because I came across a great rate for a two night stay with my daughter and her friend (both 16 years old). Saw minimal pics beforehand, read all about the wonderful amenities & read reviews figuring it seemed fine. The outside of the "resort" is clean and nice looking and the pool area is nice. Checked in & customer service was fantastic. But the rooms are a wreck. We tried staying a little while to get past the nastiness but ultimately couldn't. Granted, the rooms are huge and there's plenty of space for a family of 4. But literally, there were massive obvious dirt stains on the carpet, cigarette burns in the carpet, stains all over the pull out sleeper sofa, old & extremely outdated furniture (looks like its from the 70's) all scratched up and dirty, conventional old big TV's, an ancient electric stove & dishwasher & microwave with 3 turning dials on it! The bedroom we reserved had 2 double beds and the bedding was so old it was like sleeping in grandma's bed. I was so creeped out that I had to inform the front desk of it being unacceptable. The lady that assisted me told me she understood and asked if I'd be willing to at least look & consider 3 other available rooms she had. I agreed and we went to look at every single alternate room. They were all just as horrible. Every room in this place looks like that. It needs a serious extreme makeover! I ended up booking a last minute room with another nearby hotel paying twice as much per night but it was well worth it. I never would have been able to even sleep in that bed. My kids and I were so grossed out. This "resort" owner needs to find some kind of way to update this place because I can't see how they can honestly continue getting business when they should know for sure they wouldn't stay at this hell hole themselves.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank Katherine Q
Diamond R, Manager at Marquis Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly team members, quaint resort, and spacious accommodations. This being said, we regret that you were not fully satisfied with the condition of your room. Our maintenance and housekeeping managers have been made aware of your concerns for further review and coaching purposes. Rest assured management consistently evaluates guest feedback to ensure we are providing the best possible stays, and we appreciate your honest comments. We currently have an aggressive deep cleaning program in place, where we service two rooms per week. Our team sincerely apologizes that your room may not have been serviced yet. If you do change your mind, we hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a much more pleasant stay.