First, the Front Desk people were outstanding!!! They were helpful, friendly, and seemed to care about us and their job. I can't say enough good things about them. The material condition of the place is another story:
1) We saw a roaches and ants on the first day. They sprayed, but later in the week, I saw several more roaches that I killed. We didn't want to risk bigger issues by changing rooms, even though they offered it as an option.
2) The kitchen was just in bad shape, and hasn't been updated since the late 80's by my guess. The small appliances were almost to a condition of being rendered useless. In addition, the A/C unit was horrible loud when it cycled.
3) The bathroom had ants, (they sprayed for them too) and there was moldy, rotten grout/caulking throughout.
4) The TV's are seriously old, and there was no guide for the cable. This made what was supposed to be relaxing days irritating. We just left the resort to watch the football games due to the lack of channels, guide, and really poor picture.
5) The weight room is very bad. The equipment is in need of some serious repair, weights replaced, (lots missing) and I recommend real towels vice the washcloths that were provided.
6) The carpets throughout the common areas are seriously worn, dirty, and smell bad. I would recommend removing and replacing with something that can stand the wear.
7) The grills were filthy, and in very poor shape. I had to contact the front desk to get the pool clerk to start it. I would recommend replacing with commercial type grills that are anchored, and fueled directly from the main LP line for the building, or a large commercial tank.
8) All of the patio furniture was dirty and in poor condition.
9) I have never seen a Resort that didn't have a small supply of items for sale to guests. There wasn't even real vending machines, just sodas. This is just unacceptable for guests spending a week or more there. Even the Motel 6 has this option.
This was our first vacation in 20 years with just me and the wife. As I am Active Duty Military, we cherish any moment we can get away, and we were just disheartened by all of the above issues. Needless to say, we'll never stay there again. We would have been better off staying in an RV to be honest. I hope this helps to open the eyes of management, and steps are taken to shut down, fix, then reopen this resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Marquis Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marquis Villas Hotel Palm Springs
- Marquis Hotel Palm Springs
- Marquis Resort Palm Springs