“Filthy, but cheap. And nice staff.”

Marquis Villas Resort
Ranked #55 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel looks pristine in the photos, but I took nearly a dozen pictures of stains, smudges, hairs, sticky spots, etc. There were hairs in the bed, makeup smears on the pillow cases (fresh, not just a stain that lingered after they had been washed), and a sticky spot on the fitted sheet with stuff stuck to it. Appeared to be some kind of residue from food, thank God.

The decor is ancient, and this is far from luxury.

BUT. The staff is very nice and helpful. They were a highlight of the stay.

And if you're just looking for a cheap place to crash downtown, this is in close proximity to almost everything you're heading for.

So pick your priorities. And bring some hand sanitizer and clorox wipes (and flip flops for good measure -- the shower was gross too), if you opt for the Marquis Villas Resort.

Room Tip: There are street side views and poolside views. I had a poolside view and I would suggest that.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TLCNYC
diamondresorts, Manager at Marquis Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

There is no excuse for a guestroom being dirty upon arrival. We hope that you notified our front desk team so that they could quickly resolve the concerns in your unit. We would like to sincerely apologize for the housekeeping shortcomings you appear to have encountered during your stay and would like to assure you that delivering excellent quality of service and accommodation is the very foundation of our business. The issues mentioned by you are most certainly not the norm here at Marquis Villas Resort and they will be addressed with our team members internally - thank you for sharing your concerns. We hope that you would be willing to give us another chance to make a better impression on you in the future. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, even if it wasn’t the best one. Positive and negative feedback is taken very seriously and we want to learn and grow from each guest experience.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The $99 groupon was righteous. Two nights in the most luxurious resort I've ever stayed in, so big and many rooms in the suite: 1.) hall, 2.) half bath, 3.) full kitchen, 4.) wet bar, 5.) dining room, 6.) living room, 7.) master bedroom, 8.) double-wide veranda, 9.) walk-in closet, 10.) bathroom with spa tub and separate shower. Very Liberace! Plus swimming pool, tennis courts, billiards. Right in downtown Palm Springs near the Plaza. Plus it came with a $25 voucher for a local restaurant.
Pays to come to Palm Springs in July!
**I did see the worn carpet, but that was the only indication that something needed attention. I thought often of the other reviewers who complained about this resort...I want their lives, if this is the worst hotel they experience!

Room Tip: The room on the first floor looking out onto the pool was great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank badcatholicgirl
diamondresorts, Manager at Marquis Villas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

We are really happy to read that you were pleasantly surprised with the standard of our apartments, thank you for your words of appreciation! We hope we will not have to wait until next July to see you again and that you will pay us another visit soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you have been reading reviews for this location you may notice I have posted in the past. I get through Palm Springs often and stay a couple different places. This is my favorite.

I enjoy this location for it's patios and proximity to downtown and the activities they have and shopping when I bring the family. The patios and rooms are large with plenty of room for entertaining or if you just need to step outside for a smoke (Non smoking location).

The rooms are dated as many have stated before. The furniture is in need of replacement in many units and they still have tube type TVs. Rooms are around 1000 sqft with wet bar.

You are getting a Full living room (couch/fold out and at least 2 wing chairs), a Full Kitchen with dishwasher and oven, 1.5 Bath with either a Sunken tub (yes I am old) or a Jacuzzi tub for under $100. Just saying I can put up with a few threadbare spots in the carpet or saggy couches for the space to stretch out.

Try to get either a upper floor, if you must get ground floor try to get inside facing. The patios on the outside ground floor units face the street and are at sidewalk level. So far I have never had a problem but you never know. They charge a $10 plus tax resort fee per day which cover the internet, pool use, underground parking and outdoor BBQ. Maybe other stuff I don't know about too.

The staff is great. House keeping is very courteous and accommodating if not the best cleaners. The landscaping is continuous and looks fantastic. The counter staff has always been courteous even when taking punishment for problems that are not their fault Sorry again Robert.

I would and will stay here again and recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: If on ground floor try for inside facing, otherwise you are at street and sidewalk level with just a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

We are pleased to read that although there may have been certain aspects of your stay you were not entirely satisfied with, you have classed us as one of your preferred resorts and you would not hesitate to visit us again or recommend us to your family and friends. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. Great staff, all genuinely warm and friendly, with can do attitudes and very helpful. The room was fantastic and huge, with separate living, dining, kitchen area from the bedroom and huge bathroom with both shower and a huge tub and two toilets and sinks to accommodate up to four people. 100 channels to watch. Great patio off each suite as well. Very nice grounds and pool, hot tub area with an event going on almost every night with bbq and food. Close to everything in downtown Palm Springs, casino, shopping, restaurants. This place is great for some good R&R. Loved it, well done.

Room Tip: Ask for north side if wanting a bit of shade.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jahmok
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I love staying here. I have stayed here twice now and I love it. The units may need a little updating, but they are amazingly big and really nice. Clean and quiet and big ..your own apartment. You cant beat the location, we walked to the street fair and casino and Sherman deli is right beside it with amazing food. I love this place. I have stayed at a lot of places and I truly give this diamond resort five stars. I have stayed at other diamond locations in palm springs and they have not compared. I stayed at Hotel ZOZO and they says its 4 stars...and I don't agree...this place is ten times better in my personal opinion. The place was clean and the VALUE amazing and they still have one of the lowest resort fees at 10.00 + tax per night. Most others charge 20 and up. I love this place. The WIFI was fast and worked well, which is rare in palm springs from what I have sampled from different venues. The beds are very comfortable and LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan D
Reviewed June 17, 2013

we have a large family and I am always on the lookout for larger condo type places with the kitchens, while older and VERY outdated both in tv furniture and appliances there is an AMAZING amount of space and one that would be hard to beat especially at the price these rooms go for. It was always clean and staff was always nice,very close within walking distance of palm canyon. I would say the pool and hotub are fine. There is tennis courts but they are run down. There is laundry facility onsite which is nice. we always enjoy our stay here and have never encountered any seedy or unruly individuals , there are is also the ability to bbq outside which was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank silversprings76
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wesley at the front desk is simply awesome. He heard we were celebrating our 21st anniversary and went out of his way to make our stay pleasurable. The large unit we stayed in had a full kitchen, a lovely living area and huge bathroom. The bedroom was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. the entire unit was spotless. the Wi-Fi signal was strong throughout our three day stay. the ac worked great. Free underground parking keeps your car cool in the hot hot summer months. We cannot wait to return in July and will include my parents on the next trip. The resort is close to everything including the casino. We decided to make ribs in the oven. We did not find a large enough pan in our unit. One visit to Wesley at the front desk and in minutes a brand new pan appeared at our door. We were treated like royalty here. Wesley also provided an excellent suggestion for Thai food. Wesley says that updates are on their way I can only imagine what a great resort this will be.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 235 facing the pool, it has a great view and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple