“Anniversary Trip Jan 2013” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Oasis Villa Resort
Ranked #42 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Dallas, Texas
“Anniversary Trip Jan 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I spent a week here for our anniversary. We were very pleased. We were seeking a get away from our busy lives and we found it. The grounds were beautiful, the staff very helpful and pleasant.The washer and dryer were a plus. We were so thrilled with our beautiful, quiet haven we plan to go back next year; maybe then we actually will play golf. The Outlet Mall was fabulous.

Room Tip: ask for upstairs
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The resort was beautiful with numerous pools and hot tubs spread around the resort. The gated entrance was a nice touch, but many people snuck in when the gate was open. The facilities were spotless, howeve the room we had was outdated (but scheduled for renos).
The BBQ on the back deck was a definite bonus, s were the bikes in our own garage.
I would definitely recommend this resort for either families or a couples getaway.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Gjh77
Mill Bay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 weeks in a studio apartment. The staff were friendly and helpful and the grounds are quite lovely and well looked after. The pools (8) and fitness room were good. The room was good (has a washer and dryer, along with a full kitchen), but a bit dated (TV's, heat duct blew dust, channel selection I thought was poor), and the Wi-Fi was absolutely terrible. Ok for a few e-mails but extremely difficult, many times impossible, to load pages and painfully slow. A lot of people I know are travelling with iPads and smartphones and now use them (with things like Trip Advisor) to find local attractions, restaurants, etc. Not possible to do that here. Had to go to Starbucks. It was a long 3 weeks.

4 Thank Debby S
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The resort is beautiful and well maintained. The location is very good along 111 near the Palm Springs / Cathedral City border. You will not want a unit that backs up to 111 due to the noise – all others are fine. What is confusing is the types of units in the property. Some are timeshares, some are owned outright by individuals and rented out or rented by a property management company. Some units are great and recently remodeled, while others look like nobody has touched them in a couple decades. My suggestions – have them send you pictures of the actual unit you will be staying in. My place was great…I enjoyed the place very much.

Room Tip: Have them send you picture of the unit you will staying at if you are renting from an individual or...
3 Thank LongBeachBoludo
JABoughton, Inventory Management at Oasis Villa Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. The professional photos posted on Trip Advisor are of the timeshare units for those reading this review. In addition our 2 bedroom units were recently updated and our one bedroom and studio timeshare units at Oasis will undergo renovation this year .Come back and visit our resort again soon, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Sammamish, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from 12/26/12 until 12/31/12. No complaints what so ever. Our studio room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We were in town to play some golf and this place was very convenient for us. Soaked in as adult only hot tub each night and almost always had it to ourselves. The garage was nice to have so we didn't have to carry the clubs upstairs on the days we didn't play. The only drawback I could see would be if you got a room on the other side of the resort that is along the road. Could be a little noisy if you were out on your deck or patio having a BBQ. We plan on going back next year and will stay here again if we can get a room in the same quiet area.

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the Hwy 111 side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Corey B
Mill Bay
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Booked 21 nights here to see if this area is good to spend time in in the winter. Very attractive grounds and many pools, but don't plan to communicate with the outside world except by the landline. Wi-Fi is absolutely terrible. Very difficult to get on the Internet and when I do it is slow and often impossible to load sites. I had to go off site or, they advise using the main reception areas. Because we are here for 3 weeks, need to do some work, locate nearby sights, make further travel plans, check bank account, etc. Looks like it's going to be a long 3 weeks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Debby S
Corona, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here for free (2 nights) by going to a timeshare meeting. So I realyl can't complain -- but I will.

So we get our room and try and locate it. (Next time it would be helpful to know its upstairs). We are given a garage door opener and key to the bikes. I drive a 4-door sedan and the garage was very tight. Forget it with an SUV! (Note the bokes were a nice touch although we never got to use them).

The pools were nice and plentiful. They were heated to a nice temperature, as were the jacuzzis. The 1-bedroom was decent in size, but very out-dated. Big old TVs. Older countertops. A murphy bed (more on that later). The timeshare room they showed me was much nicer and updated. Eachc room has a BBQ which is a nice touch (although we never used it).

We are in the room and my 13-year old already feels creeped out. She cant explain it but I felt the same way. So, we make some dinner then head to one of the pools. My son (11) has a nice time swimming then we go back upstairs. My daughter finds the murphy bed very odd. I told her its not that odd but she keeps telling me it is. Okay, her opinion. It didnt bother me plus gave you the couch to sit on while she was on the murphy bed.

They are disappointed there is no internet in the rooms (unless you pay for it). Most condos we have stayed in via Monarch Grand Vacations offer this so maybe we are spoiled. Its is almost 2013 so why no internet, I dont know.

I find out that about 1/4 of the condos are still owner-residents. They are not part of the time share. Most of the other units were purchased for the time-share purposes, but some are still holding onto their homes. This explains a lot of why these folks were so stand-offish. No one looked at you when you passed them or even said hello. One guy stopped on the stairs and stared us down when we were coming back from the pool. Their homes are being taken over by "tourists" and people coming and going. Now I know why it felt so creepy.

We were supposed to stay 2-nights, but left within 24 hours. I didn sleep well the first night because 1) I was worried about my kids since my daughter was so creeped out and 2) there is giant free-floating beam running down the center of the ceiling and I thought it could easily fall. I am not a paranoid person but it seemed out of place.

I wont even go into the time share meeting since its really not reflective of the property.

Room Tip: The downstairs 2-bedrooms have nice patio areas.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family