New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Oasis Villa Resort

Oasis Villa Resort
Ranked #48 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
Corona, CA
“Non-friendly residents; Nice pools”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here for free (2 nights) by going to a timeshare meeting. So I realyl can't complain -- but I will.

So we get our room and try and locate it. (Next time it would be helpful to know its upstairs). We are given a garage door opener and key to the bikes. I drive a 4-door sedan and the garage was very tight. Forget it with an SUV! (Note the bokes were a nice touch although we never got to use them).

The pools were nice and plentiful. They were heated to a nice temperature, as were the jacuzzis. The 1-bedroom was decent in size, but very out-dated. Big old TVs. Older countertops. A murphy bed (more on that later). The timeshare room they showed me was much nicer and updated. Eachc room has a BBQ which is a nice touch (although we never used it).

We are in the room and my 13-year old already feels creeped out. She cant explain it but I felt the same way. So, we make some dinner then head to one of the pools. My son (11) has a nice time swimming then we go back upstairs. My daughter finds the murphy bed very odd. I told her its not that odd but she keeps telling me it is. Okay, her opinion. It didnt bother me plus gave you the couch to sit on while she was on the murphy bed.

They are disappointed there is no internet in the rooms (unless you pay for it). Most condos we have stayed in via Monarch Grand Vacations offer this so maybe we are spoiled. Its is almost 2013 so why no internet, I dont know.

I find out that about 1/4 of the condos are still owner-residents. They are not part of the time share. Most of the other units were purchased for the time-share purposes, but some are still holding onto their homes. This explains a lot of why these folks were so stand-offish. No one looked at you when you passed them or even said hello. One guy stopped on the stairs and stared us down when we were coming back from the pool. Their homes are being taken over by "tourists" and people coming and going. Now I know why it felt so creepy.

We were supposed to stay 2-nights, but left within 24 hours. I didn sleep well the first night because 1) I was worried about my kids since my daughter was so creeped out and 2) there is giant free-floating beam running down the center of the ceiling and I thought it could easily fall. I am not a paranoid person but it seemed out of place.

I wont even go into the time share meeting since its really not reflective of the property.

Room Tip: The downstairs 2-bedrooms have nice patio areas.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank cvictoriac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We checked in about an hour ago so I wanted to put down my first impressions. If anything changes, I will make an addendum. Here it is. The grounds look beautiful as another traveler said. Very impressive coming from the gate to the administration building. Our check in took all of 5-10 minutes. Very efficient. We were given keys to our own bicycles and a garage opener to our own garage. We thought we were in for something really amazing. Then we got to our upstairs 1 bedroom unit which backed right up to the street. Opening the door I was assaulted with the smell of pine sol and stale carpet. Speaking of the carpet, it was old and tired, worn and stained. The TV's are the old picture tube 20" type. I didn't know they were still around. The kitchen is nicely equipped and the balcony has a nice BBQ with gas hooked up already. The bed is quite soft but fine. That's a personal opinion. Sitting on the sofa I just about fell into the darn thing. The pools are small but reasonably maintained. Overall, I'm sure this was someplace special at one point but it really needs updating and a little TLC in the units. It's fine but not special if that makes sense.

Room Tip: Ask when the last time anything was updated.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank kaweeka
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights in August on a Living Social deal. Our one bedroom unit was spotless, and we enjoyed the various pools (there are like 6 or 7!) We found the space very livable, and wished we could have stayed longer. The private garage was very convenient, if a bit tight. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mooseman_7
Lodi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was very impressed with the property upon driving into the resort. From the front of the resort it appeared well kept, large, and the front desk help was helpful. Unfortunately the room itself was disappointing.
Upon walking up to our two bedroom villa I noticed weeds growing throughout the flower beds onto the front walk way. Once inside the villa I found the room to be dirty. The floors didn't appear to have been mopped in months, there were cob webs hanging from the ceiling, the refrigerator. wasn't cleaned out, there was food stuck to the walls, and the cabinets were sticky with food. I attempted to clean the villa myself only to find the vacuum broken and the floors and cabinets were so caked with dirt and food I couldn't get them clean with the few supplies I had brought with me.
The villa furniture was nice. I was surprised to only see a TV in one of the bedrooms. We were also disappointed that there internet services would only work for a few minutes at a time and then shut down. We had better luck using the McDonalds internet. I also found that the only way to use my iPhone was to walk out on the drive way. I lost all cell coverage in the room.
When walking around the resort it appears they have permanent residents living in the villas. Many of villas were decorated differently and some of the residents were quite loud at 10:00 at night.
We were supposed to stay for 7 nights. We decided to leave early and eat the cost of the room after 3 nights.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
15 Thank BTrish
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

nice 1 bedroom villa for a family of 5, plenty of space. full kitchen, other than needing to call to supply us with the use of a pan and no coffee maker in the room, the staff quickly met our needs. Also, our room had a king size bed in the a private room, murphy bed in the living area and couch. The use of 2 bikes included in your stay. Tennis and basketball also available on the premises. Beautifully landscaping, wonderful getaway, would stay again. Nice large pool and additionally 7 more pools available close to the villa. shops close by, downtown PS, great location!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank calena67
Alta Loma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We got a 2 bedroom delux unit with den which was spacious. I could stay here all year if i needed to. The bad thing is the pools and spas. They heat the even numbers and the odd numbers are not heated. I can understand the pool situation but to not heat the spas is insane. who wants ot get in a cold spa?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cat330
Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The grounds were nice with tall shady trees and lots of greenery. The water stream area had a greenish , yellowish tint to it. Needed cleaning. The office had grit all over the check in counter. They said it was from construction. They gave us a rather confusing map on how to get to our accommodations, #2, after having to wait from 2:30 to 3:30 PM.
We got what seemed like hopelessly lost trying to follow the map. There were no numbers clearly posted on the units or anywhere that we could make the identification. We weaved around winding roads in this maze, dodging bicyclists, mostly teens and kids of all ages for 1/2 an hour before finding our unit. It was 106 degrees out, schlepping our luggage into the unit.
It was cool inside and very well stocked with all needed to live there, however we were not moving in.
The bedspread was OLD and we put it in the closet right away, knowing they don't wash them but every 6 months or so , and this one maybe 2 years and 6 mo.
The walls , were in disrepair, there was mold on the ceiling in the bathroom, a health hazard and the odor of the place was less than desirable. There was a washer and dryer, dishwasher, big GE refrigerator, microwave, nice glass table with 4 chairs. Living room with questionably clean furniture we were afraid to sit on. 2 big ,old TV's one in LR and the other in the BR. They worked well at least.
The patio had 2 bikes, his and hers, a big grill and a nice table with 4 chairs. Too hot to be outside ,for us.
There were 5 small pools, filled with happy , screaming kids , everywhere. Great family place, not for couples .
The unit above us must have had a child because we heard it running around like a Giraffe wearing cement shoes.
The bed was divine! Slept like a rock. I LOVED the bed! No food to be had , unless you brought it with you or you left to go out to eat.
We disinfected the whole place with 99 wipes and trusted we would not pick up anything frightening. They warned of the place being buggy too. YIPES!!!
We survived the experience but would not return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family