“5th stay! Plan on a Feb. visit as well. Our favorite place in PS”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Del Marcos Hotel

Del Marcos Hotel
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“5th stay! Plan on a Feb. visit as well. Our favorite place in PS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I love this hotel! Location is excellent and with the bikes to use you can get anywhere easily. My favorite thing to do is just float in the pool on the rafts, looking up at the sky listening to great 40's music that they play. Staff is great and breakfast is yummy. If you want a relaxing time this is it. We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Glendale, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

We did not stay at this hotel because they only allow adults 18 and over. Our son is 16 and we were booking their Ocean 11 suite with a King and one Queen so he would be staying with us in the room and it was the last vacant room on their property. We only discovered this as we went through the on-line reservation system where we saw "adults only" buried in the policy page. We had already referred another friend to another hotel that was walking distance away since they were full and had spoken to the reservation desk twice to try and coordinate this arrangement, but this was never mentioned. They said their policy was completely inflexible even when we asked to speak with the manager. She said it was because the pool was un-gated - really? I can understand no kids under 12 if you are trying for a certain kind of environment, but no teenagers at all seems fairly rigid, especially since they allow pets!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank AliceWorld
Laura R, General Manager at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
I'm sorry we were unable to be flexible on our Adults Only policy. I agree, perhaps the response you were given might not have seemed adequate considering the age of your son, who I'm sure is a well behaved young man.

Because we are a small hotel with an intimate pool setting, we have set policies that might seem strict at first, however, they do insure a quiet, peaceful atmosphere that our guests, especially our many repeat guests look forward to and depend on. I'm sure your son would not have been a problem, but all of our guests are important to us and we have to take into consideration what their expectations are as guests and they expect not to have anyone under 18 years at the hotel.

I'm very lucky and proud to say that most of our guests are not just looking for a room in Palm Springs, they are staying at the Del Marcos for the experience we have worked hard to create.

I happened to be sitting next to the Innkeeper who took your calls that day, so I was aware of the situation, she was kind and polite to you, even offering you the names of several other properties that are family friendly. She did ask if you would like to speak to the manager and you declined, it really would not have made a difference in the decision, but I would have certainly offered to help you find another room elsewhere. Moving forward, I have instructed my staff to be sure to confirm with incoming inquiries that they are aware of our minimum age requirement early in the conversation when discussing availability.

I do want to clarify our pet policy as well since you mentioned we are pet friendly. We do have four pet friendly rooms, but pets are not allowed in the pool area or any common areas.

Please know that I am sorry you were unhappy with us, I'll be responding privately with an offer of a gift certificate for a complimentary nights stay when you have an opportunity to have an adult getaway. We do hope you will choose to use the gift certificate so you can truly appreciate what the Del Marcos has to offer.

Laura Ramstead
Oxnard, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Recently updated bathrooms, comfy bedding, friendly staff. We had the Frey room which I couldn't get Wifi in and couldn't figure out how to work the heater on a cold night. Room was spacious with a kitchenette that could use an update-the hotel was built in 1947 after all. Breakfast was cereals, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juice, pastries and coffee/tea. Location was great to walk into the village. There is a nice pool area with beautiful mountain views. There are bikes that guests can use. Felt it was a bit expensive, but not too out of line with PS in the winter.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anita S
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

The Del Marcos, an awesome mid-century modern hotel, accommodated my friend's wedding and they were actually able to book a "hotel takeover" with the wedding guests. This hotel would be great any time, and was even more special since many of the family and friends attending the wedding were able to stay at one place.

I'll find it difficult to stay in any other hotel when I visit Palm Springs in the future!

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms, and some even have kitchens. Inquire when booking for details.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
oxnard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

The staff, the rooms, the pool, location and morning breakfast were just perfect. Tony and Lisa were great hosts. This was my bachelorette weekend with my maid of honor and one of my bridesmaids. The others couldn't make it. We were in the Oceans 11 Suite. This is my 4th time here.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank summer818
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Everything about this place is amazing. Rooms are well appointed and tastefully decorated. Towels were a bit scratchy, but that is my only complaint. property is wonderfully close to everything and the bicycles made it just that much more convenient.
Pool area is divine. A+ floating chaises, Frank Sinatra piped in, couples in love everywhere you look. The lobby is always filled with treats- fresh fruits, popcorn, muffins you name it. We truly wanted for nothing during our stay and cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Albert Frey room was spacious, private and closest to the smoking area :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Klevrgirl
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel, rooms, reception, pool/rest area and overall appearance are perfect for a mid century feeling in Palm Springs. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. Ideal location for shops/restaurants etc. My only slight annoyance was the continual piped music around the pool area. It got a bit irritating after a while hearing 1940's music over and over again when sometimes you just want a bit of peace and quiet.

• Stayed December 2013