“Quaint property”
Review of Del Marcos Hotel

Del Marcos Hotel
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This property has roots back to 1947 and it tries to stay true to those roots. It is VERY close to downtown and walking distance to great places to eat and gather. My suite was spacious, clean, and bare essentials equipped. The TV is new and cable worked well. The wifi was fast and easy which is very appreciated. The floors are painted concrete - first ever for me in a hotel I am paying a lot of money for. Service is friendly but pretty slow. I tried to call three times the day before my stay to confirm and got an answering machine every time - no one returned any of my calls. The day I checked in there was no one at the desk to great me - had to wait for her to walk up and finish her phone call before I got checked in. A good experience for sure, but if you have to pay over $200 per night, consider other options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank RenoBret
Laura R, General Manager at Del Marcos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Hi Bret,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and the nice comments you made. I'm sorry you felt service was a little slow that day. Being a small hotel, we often have only one innkeeper on duty and they can get unexpectedly incredibly busy sometimes. The innkeeper on duty that day acknowledged they kept missing your calls and that you did have to wait while they finished a call with someone booking a reservation.
We take great pride in our customer service and make every effort to meet and or exceed our guests expectations, unfortunately, we are not perfect and occassionally can have a day that is less than ideal when it comes to serving our guests.
I do apologize that you experienced one of those days with us.

I'm sorry you didn't like the concrete floors, they are actually quite common in midcentury properties. Last Summer, we upgraded to beautiful Flor Carpet Tiles and Terrazzo flooring in most of the rooms.
Thank you again & we do hope you'll choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

A small hotel with a great mid-century feel throughout. Check-in was a breeze - a nice welcome drink included. We had a large upstairs room with private sun deck - loved it! The location was convenient to downtown for shopping and eating - we walked and borrowed the fun cruiser bikes. The pool was nice and warm, plenty of lounge chairs. They have outdoor televisions by the firepit and we watched a movie one evening.

Room Tip: Although we loved the large private sundeck - rooms backing to Belardo Road have a bit more traffic...
2  Thank pdxnelsons
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Del Marcos was a fabulous place to stay. Low key, immaculately clean and full of character. The location is perfect for hitting all the downtown restaurants and shopping. The views are beautiful and the staff warm and helpful. A+

Reviewed February 11, 2013

It's a small quaint hotel located just a block off the main drag.
The decoration, paintings and decor is from 1947 when the hotel was built.
The beds were comfortable.
There is no one at the desk at night, if you need something you have to call the owner, which is a little strange.
They give you a welcome drink when you arrive.
There is a light breakfast every morning.
They use Folgers coffee which was funny to me.
I guess I am a coffee snob. I tried to make it as directed, tasted like water, and after 3 tries, came out like coffee, but still tasted bad.
Would go back as great location to walk the town.
One problem, they were working on the next room, pounding hammers, loud noises in the middle of the day on Sunday, forced us out of our room, no r and r that day.
You would think they would do it on a Monday or week day when no or few guests.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed at the Del Marcos twice in two years. The quality of the hotel has been excellent both times. The staff is friendly and well trained; all amenities work well. The hotel is an excellent example of mid-century desert architecture. The hotel is not a generic look-alike, so prepare yourself for something unique, interesting and comfortable. I have come to consider this my home in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Poolside Suite is my favorite - large, full kitchen, great light, nice private patio.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2013

had a relaxing, fun stay...very clean and convenient...hotel staffers all were friendly and helpful...swimming pool and bicycles were huge pluses...hard to imagine how we could have enjoyed our weekend there any more than we did, even with the rainy weather.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank edalston
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here for a family reunion. It was my first visit and lived up to all my family who had stayed before told me about.

The rooms are comfortable, with good beds and great heaters. The kitchen is a nice touch for heating up food and having nibbles. The staff is attentive and on site when needed.

Pool side is a delight. Floating in the pool on the rafts provided was Heaven on Earth, looking up at a bright blue sky with palm trees and the warmth of the sun was just what I needed. The music from the 40's was delightful.

At night we sat by the fire with a glass of wine and enjoyed each others company. We even watched a football game on the outdoor TV. SO Great!

The hotel is located just 1 blocks from Palm Canyon with great shopping and restaurants that serve very good food.

I will be back for sure. Thanks for such a great stay.

ALice Burston

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are great. They all surround the pool. The fold out beds are very comfortable as we...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family