Del Marcos Hotel
Ace Hotel and Swim Club(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$192
$149
  • Pool
Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
$305
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$108
$90
Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$130
Hilton.com
  • Pool
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$129
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$139
$134
$128
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Caliente Tropics Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$72
Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$188
$159
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmid centurywilliam codyhappy hoursaltwater poolfire pitpoolside suitechi chithe main dragcontinental breakfastmodern hotelfrank sinatrafree bikesprivate patiorestaurants and shopsdesert oasispalm springs experiencefresh fruit
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Came here to celebrate my birthday (again). This time I brought my dog with me :)

I still love this place !

This unassuming hotel is retro at its nicest and simply very cool.
Their salt water pool is super clean and a pleasant 90 degrees. Frank Sinatra playing in the background. Fire pit with seating area and tv's to chill around make for a comfy, relaxing time.

Location couldn't be better as it's a three minute walk to "the strip", Palm Canyon Drive. You'll find plenty of pet friendly restaurants & shopping on PC Drive.

The architecture, mountains and palm trees are abundant and beautiful !

Last but not least is the staff at Del Marcos: Manager Laura, Lisa, Schuyler and Shanti. Y’all are awesome !
I look forward to celebrating my birthday at Del Marcos next year !

Best wishes, Robin & Jack (ruff)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am currently staying in the Poolside Suite, which is large and comfy. The pool is really warm, like bathtub warm, so the lack of a hot tub is no problem at all. The decor is 50s/60s, with glittery wallpaper and plastic Eames chairs (I want an Eames rocker now). There are a few minuses, such as upholstery stains on the couch and curtains that aren't quite level, but overall, this is a great room. For the price midweek, it is totally awesome.

Right down the street is the Viceroy, where we had 14 dollar drinks that I amazingly didn't feel were a ripoff. Seriously, they were strong and very tasty, and I recommend drinking one by the pool. It's very nice there, but a little too trendy feeling for me. I prefer the laid back vibe of the Del Marcos with 40's and 50's jazz playing to modern electronica around the pool, you know?

This is a very laid back place to stay. Definitely recommended!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are great if you want to use the pool, but other rooms look nice upstairs too.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mandypdx
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Del Marcos on our way from San Diego to the Grand Canyon. Palm Springs is a strange little town with a lot of empty shops but it does give that Marilyn Monroe/Frank Sinatra feel of the 50s.
The Del Marcos is one of a kind, an iconic 40s/50s building which has tried to retain its 50s character - it works to a degree.
We booked the Julius Shulman Suite which was comfortably large with a floor to ceiling sliding door to a small shared balcony. The room had a large comfortable bed with integrated kitchen and separate bathroom. The views across to the mountains were wonderful and it also overlooked the pool. We didn't spend much time in the room but it had the facilities we wanted and was pleasantly decorated and furnished. It was comfortable, not luxurious.
The hotel is in a great location and a few minutes stroll to the main centre of Palm Springs. There is a night market on a Thursday and that was good fun and very busy.
Breakfast was typical fare with yoghurt, some fruit, juices, coffee/tea, cereals and a variety of bagels/cakes.
We hit at a quiet period and we really liked that side of the hotel out of season, it could be a different experience in the height of the season when the hotel is full.
For me, the greatest pleasure of staying at the Del Marcos was to sit under the cabana as dusk fell with the fire pit flaming away and the inky skies framed by illuminated palm trees - it was almost decadent and conjured up a bygone age - stunning!
We would happily return to the Del Marcos if returning to Palm Springs and it is a one off oddity that you will either love or it will not be for you - we loved it.

Room Tip: We like our room and I would advise going for one on the first floor rather than the ground floor if you want a little more privacy. Study the rooms carefully however to choose one that suits you as the ground floor rooms are next to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Del Marcos Hotel with my 2 smaller dogs & the accommodations for us all were ideal. You have to admit a concrete floor is good for the dogs plus an enclosed patio area - perfect! And the kitchen size was large, so preparing their specialized food was convenient. And the room is easy to get in & out of with 2 leashes & parking is also quite convenient. I loved that there were 2 dog bowls filled with treats that were awaiting us as we checked in! I also want to comment on the bed - very comfortable. And lastly, when I checked out, I had left a bag with some items on the bed, by mistake & the staff was so kind to make it so easy to come & retrieve - very nice guest relations!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was the third time we have stayed at the Del Marcos. For decor, service, and cleanliness, The Del Marcos is hard to beat! I'd whole heartedly recommend the place. Walking distance to down town as well. Lots of great restaurants and bars in the area.

Room Tip: The Chi Chi room is amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends