“Waste of Money” 1 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn Palm Springs
Ranked #58 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
“Waste of Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2004

I regret very much staying here. Yes it was a good price but had I known it was going to look like a run down hole in the wall I would have stayed somewhere else. It has a bad odor both outside and in. The pool is small so even if there are few people inside it looks crowded. They do have a fitness room if that's what you would like to call one bike, a treadmill and a weight bench that didn't work.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2004

Low-priced but with a less-than-stellar location about five miles from the main drag, this motel is more of a last option than a destination. Priced about $60-75/night less than the lower-end resorts in town, the Quality Inn Palm Springs offers little to make the savings worth it. The rooms are small and in my limited experience, not so clean, with stains on the bedcover and ground in dirt in the shower. The pool was nice but not one chaise lounge was available at 9 a.m. on a holiday weekend -- and at these prices, there were lots of families and lots of screaming kids.

• Stayed January 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Zanzie

Travelers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2004

After reading the reviews on several webpages, I noticed that all of them said that the hotel was relatively nice but the staff was more than incompetent, figuring that I wouldnt have to deal with the staff much, I proceeded to book a room.

I would have gladly slept on the cement outside, in the scorching sun.

This company has no regard for its customers just like others have posted, but this time DO NOT pass up my comments. Stay at any other hotel, if possible as they will not be accomdating to any common needs.... blankets and pillows? nope sorry, were out. (noticed pillows in the back) ... but I ordered a double bed...("sorry we are all sold out of the double bed rooms, you will have to deal with a king size bed.") ... Could I be put on a waiting list, should one of those double bed rooms becomes available, I can get one? ("SURE.")

I go back the next day to aks if anything's freed up, ("Oh yes it has heres your keys, bring us the other keys when your done moving.") I get phone calls saying I will be charged for both rooms as I hadnt been checked out by 12, ("when i got the keys at like 5 min before 12) they then proceeded to say that I watched movies at the hotel we had previously left, Im assuming the details arent interesting to any of you, but overall Im assuming that this hotel doesnt get many visitors, so it tries to get as much money out of its visitors as it can.

Also, do not disturb signs mean nothing in this hotel, be ready to be interrupted at any time!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2004

I was there in June 03, the beds was very dirty and the staff unfriendly. We changed the room and the new one was also dirty, a terrible disaster. We leaved the hotel without excuse from the staff.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2003

This hotel is not focused on customer service. One week before arrival I noticed that there were several lower rates available on the choice hotel web site for this property -- for the same type of rooms I reserved. I called the hotel to see if they would change my rate to their current available rate -- NO, and they basically said that the rate was not available but it clearly was. So I booked new reservations at the new lover rate-- a $40/per night savings. After confirmation of my new reservations and rate I called to cancel the original reservation at the higher rate and asked that the new reservations be applied to the rooms that were being held on my old reservations.
Instead of doing this the hotel changed my new reservation to SMOKING ROOMS even though there were non-smoking rooms available and this is what I had reserved in my reservation. When the hotel management was called regarding this they first lied and said the property was sold out -- not so. I explained that non smoking roooms were available since I had not cancled my original rooms until AFTER making the new ones so the original non-smoking rooms could simple be applies to my new reservation, it was also explained that non-smoking rooms were required due to health problems -- asthma -- they said too bad. Choice hotels customer service was contacted and spoke with the same manager that I had spoken to and I was told that for $50 more per night they would give me non-smoking rooms but not at the lower rate. I pointed out that non-smoking rooms were clearly still available at the lower rate and the hotel refussed to honor it -- so basically if you book their lowest rate you will be treated like a 4th class customer and they don't care if this compromises the guests health . Its all about greed and money at this "independently owned franchise"

9 Thank PrivatePrivate99
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2003

I recently stayed at this hotel on business. It is a great value. Room was clean. Staff was friendly (but maybe tried too hard to be nice...annoying). Pool area is nice. Location is not ideal. Must drive to downtown area. If I had to choose between this hotel and the Comfort Inn located downtown, I would stay at this one. Of all the Comfort Inn brand hotels in Palm Springs, this one is probably the best choice. If you are on vacation....pay the extra $50 or $60 bucks a night and stay at one of the lesser resorts...like Hilton Resort downtown. I would not want to spend my vacation in Palm Springs at the Quality Inn.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member