“Better than expected”

Quality Inn Palm Springs
Ranked #62 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The first two days of my four day visit were very good. I don't think this place gets the good reviews it's entitled to. My room was tastefully decorated and very clean - no bugs! The staff was nice, and the grounds are quite lovely. The linens were snow white, the TV worked well, as did the fridge and microwave. The problem is the same no matter where you stay.....it all depends on the people/pets in the rooms next to you and above you, and wow, did I ever have a nightmare experience on my 3rd night/day with people next to me leaving 2 dogs alone for over 12 hours.....they barked constantly the whole time-actually animal neglect in my book. There were many, many dogs there (including mine) who you never heard a peep out of because they were owned by responsible people! On my 4th night the person(s) above me must have been doing gymnastics ALL night long - constant thuds and footsteps. As I have cancer and need to get enough rest, this whole ordeal took its toll on me and I couldn't wait to leave. But as I've previously mentioned.....this is a nice place with good staff, nice amenities and an excellent location. Everything worked and was clean and pleasant. Great place if you have a dog (and you don't go away all day and half the night leaving it alone in the room to bark!).

Room Tip: Couldn't say.....it all depends on who is booked next to you and above you. It's a large...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. I remember speaking with you about the problem with the dog. I did ask the people to leave as I thought it was very irresponsible to leave the dogs alone while being gone for an extended period of time. Unfortanately we could not find accommodations for them at any other hotel. We try to make everyone's experience as pleasant as possible but as you mentioned it is hard to screen our guests.

I am sorry to hear about your health condition. Get well soon and we hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Palm Springs

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I thought the hotel was nice and quiet and I slept great! The front desk staff was helpful and speedy. The pool area was well maintained and the hot tub and heated pool felt great after a long day golfing! The grounds were well maintained and was nearby to downtown and other places that I wanted to be. The location was very safe. The price was incredible. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty close to the pool. I can understand why you would want to be near the pool but...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for giving us such a nice review. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have stayed at other Quality Inns around California. This one was "different". It needs an overhaul...paint, small repairs, etc. BUT the room was clean and neat, and everything worked. Bed was pretty comfortable, fridge worked, bathroom area was not too cramped, and the a/c worked.
We don't spend too much time in the room - we are normally on vacation to sightsee, not stay in a hotel room..LOL..but while we were in the room, the wi-fi worked great and it was comfortable.
Hotel staff was friendly, and the price was right for a quick weekend getaway. They also give you a coupon for a discount on breakfast at the adjoining restraunt.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feed back. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My Sister In Law and I stayed here for a week in November. Our reception was great. Brian at the front desk really knew the City well and provided us with all the information we needed to make our stay fun. We also had friends come and visit us and they were very accommodating by placing them in the room next door. The Hotel is very old and has been renovated a number of times but it's clean, maid service was great and the pool and hot tub were sparkling clean. The outside grounds are very well maintained, swept and other people's pet's poop picked up by the following morning. Shame on them because I have a little dog and it's as a result of naughty pet owners that the good ones suffer. Come on people why can't you pick up? I see the gardners daily checking for pesky tiny ants. Just bring some Raid. I'd recommend and certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated one. Not all of them are.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for giving us such a nice review. We do appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have stayed here many times before and the friendliness of all staff makes it a very pleasant place to stay. Rooms are spotless and comfortable. Location is first class. Swimming pool area is excellent with plenty of space, loungers etc. There was a wind storm whilst we were there and the staff were running around and working hard to get everything back to normal and clean for future guests. The Manager can't do enough to please and ensure your stay is memorable. We will certainly be staying here on our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are good as they give nice view of park and mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Art F, Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response. I am going to share your review with my staff. It is nice for them to know they are doing something right. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

this older hotel has clean rooms and a very nice swimming pool and deck. we chose the hotel because they accept pets. the location is on a nice park and a nice neighborhood for walking. our room had been remodeled-ground floor back by the park. it had new sheets and bedspreads. the bed was comfortable. it had a small fridge and microwave and coffeemaker.the exterior of the building probably needs paint, but we had a good experience and the price is very reasonable. the staff was nice too. there was no breakfast like at most quality inns, but diner restaurant in front gives small discount.

Room Tip: we like the back on the park- ground floor near pool because we had dogs with us.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Well, The pool area is spacious. The room Okay. The front door was dirty on the inside. And it did not automatically close properly. It had an inroom coffee maker. And adjacent Carrow's Coffee shop, offering 10% discounts. For $59 there are other hotels, in Palm Springs, that are better. I liked it has two sets of drapes One a sheer. And a shutter door to the dressing/sink/bathroom area. But Like I said, just because there is a good looking person working there does not mean the room is equal.

Room Tip: Try A different Hotel. There are LOTS to chose from in Palm Springs
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. First of all thank you for the compliment to our front desk representative - I don't know which one you are referring to so I am going to share it with all of the front desk staff and make them all feel good.

I am sorry you were disappointed in our hotel.