“Beautiful Pool Area” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Edmonton, Canada
“Beautiful Pool Area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at Quality Inn in PS. Stayed in a room (overlooking parking lot) with a king bed. Room very small but really comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Pool area REALLY nice. Restaurant next door (Carrow's). Quality Inn (QI) provides vouchers for 10% off. No continental breakfast at QI. Would stay here again. Central to everything.

Room Tip: Book room on mail floor overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great location for us. Golf trip in Palm Desert. Town was completely sold out, but we could get a room for two and took it. Wanted it for 4 to get 2 beds, but not available. Room not ready when we got there and we were told no upgrades as they were full. Didn't get back until midnight and asked again and were informed there was 1 room left which was a smoking room. They let us check it out before checking in to see if it was ok. The smell wasn't bad so we took it. 2 good queen size beds! Large room.
We thought the hotel was much better than the web site looked.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Orange, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

First let me say that his hotel makes Motel 6 look good. I travel frequently and this is the absolute worst room I have ever stayed in. The room had a weird odor to it, the mattress was two box springs stacked together with a mattress pad on top, hard as a rock! The refrigerator was more like a freezer, it froze everything we put in it. The hairdryer did not work because the outlet did not work. One of the lights next to the bed did not work for the same reason and when we needed to use the remaining outlet it was very loose and unreliable. The door would barely close and the 3 locks on it did not look very reliable. There was a large gap where the door is obviously warped. The window coverings had holes in them and did not cover the window entirely. The room was very small although it was considered to be a king suite. Just had the terrible bed and one small desk and chair which is practically out the door. To top it all off I slipped and fell in the shower while trying to adjust the shower head that was barely working. The mat slipped and I landed on the tile floor, fortunately I did not hurt myself badly. The only good thing I can say about this place is the pool area seemed to be nice but I did not use it. Otherwise, I think room #163 should be condemned! If this hotel had not been sold out that evening I would have asked for another room!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room #163 in the back of the hotel. Grounds are nice but rooms are terrible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Palm Springs is a nice resort to visit in the spring when the temperature is not too high. Then, Quality Inn is centrally with access to a great pool area. Try their heated Jacuzzi.
There was a gym and laundry facilities that encourage long stay.
We stayed one night on the way to LA. The room was large with two Queen size beds. It was clean but somewhat dark. The breakfast that was offered was amazing, compared to what you usually get in the U.S.. Coffee, juice, toast, boiled eggs, scrambeld eggs sausage and yogurt. Located on one of the main shopping and restaurant streets. It felt safe to go out in the evening.

Room Tip: We found a coupon that lowered the room rate
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We never seen low quality in this place. We come here each year in September with groups of 20 - 30 people for 10 years now, and we always enjoyed our stay very much. The staff at the front desk: always friendly and helpful. The pool: clean and real large! The rooms: clean, large enough and quiet. Our rooms did not need renovation when we last had them. The restaurants in the neighbourhood - for a good breakfast too - plenty! It´s a real nice place to stay in Palm Springs. We´ll come back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank galveston1080
Scottsdale, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I did not have high expectations for this Quality Inn but I did expect certain things that are common sense in the hotel business like cleanliness, customer service, upkeep and quality of the room. Here is a summarization of pros & cons of my 5 night stay.

Pros:
- Pool & Jacuzzi was excellent & clean
- Pet friendly & no extra fee
- Rollaway bed was "compt"
- Good location with a nice view of mountains
- Availability of rooms
- Free parking & wifi
- Price was low
- Grassy areas for pets

Cons:
- Room [& bathroom] was a lot smaller than we thought
- On their website, it states that your room includes a fridge, microwave, coffee maker... bt our room did not have a microwave & they had to bring one in
- Beds do not have a quilted pattern like in their "professional" photos, it's a plain brown fleece blanket and a white sheet
- Beds need to be updated, they were lumpy & 2 out of 5 mornings, my back hurt
- I [highly] suggest bringing your own sheets & pillow cases (we did). They give you 4 half pillows.
- Exercise room was inadequite, there were 3 machines & there aren't any dumbells anymore like in their pictures.
- See in the photos: showerhead (crusty & lime stained), writing desk (chewed up by dogs at corner) , prop for fridge (phone book under fridge???), curtains (stained with food & stuff, gross), corner of the bathroom (broken away from door corner, chewed up maybe???)

... self explanitory

There were quite a few people staying with their pets (dogs). They keep you in the back of the hotel were there is a nice shaded & grassy area. That was convenient.

I recommend this place if you are traveling with pets for a short stay but no longer than 3 nights. The Quality Inn is in badly need of a renovation. New paint job, updated furniture, upholstry... everything. I also feel that they watered the grass too much (like 4xs a day).

A/C & heat, not sure because we stayed during the winter time & never used it. I would hope that the AC is working for the hot summer days. Be cautious in booking your stay. Hope this helped.

P.S. There is a "Carrows" next door & a Coco's near by for breakfast/lunch. Ralphs 1 block away for grocery shopping (that has a coffee bean). 10 mins from Rancho Mirage dining. 10 mins away from down town palm springs dining/shopping.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank stonegyrl
Art F, General Manager at Quality Inn Palm Springs, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I think you were being very fair and I will look into your concerns. I would like to have known which room you were in so that I could further investigate the housekeeping problems you stated. We try to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible. If you have the time please give me a call and let me know the room number so that I can address these problems. Our number is 760 323 2775 .

Thank you.

Art
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

This location was a great meeting place for me and my boyfriend. So glad we chose Quality Inn very clean, friendly staff, HOT breakfast, and had a great stay. The rates were so afforadable considering all the money my boyfriend and I spent on gas. Will def. reccomend to all my friends and family. Thank You so much for a wonderful stay!!!!

Room Tip: The outside rooms are well heated!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple