“Very fun tour”

The Best Of The Best Tours
Ranked #5 of 23 Tours in Palm Springs
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our tour guide Jack was full of information and fun facts and rumors about old Hollywood. It was great to hear all of those stories and see the homes as he told us how Palm Springs was "built by Hollywood, for Hollywood."

1  Thank KathyO843

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We recently took the Best of the Best Windmill Tour in Palm Springs, and had a marvelous time. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable, having worked on the wind turbines himself, and explained everything about the wind turbines. They dot the landscape outside of Palm Springs in a natural wind tunnel, and you can't help but wonder about them every time you pass by. Now, we know kinds of interesting facts about them. I highly recommend this tour to anyone who is curious or just likes to know about interesting things.

6  Thank SparkyW22
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just outside Palm Springs proper are hundreds of wind turbines. What are they doing there? How did they get there? What's involved in this fascinating renewable energy source? If you want to really learn about wind turbines, take a Best of the Best Tour. We did, and we loved it. For two hours, Tom drove us around the wind farms and explained so many things about them - how they're financed, what they cost, what kinds of environmental studies are required, how they're erected, how they work, how much energy they created and how it's distributed. It was more like a class than a tour, and the two hours went by in a flash. Check it out. You won't regret it.

4  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Ken knows the wind turbines. And he can talk. Most of the time he's really interesting. But you won't get a word in edge wise. He does the cheesy tour-guide thing. But it's all fun. I loved seeing the turbines up close. And learning about the history and future of the wind farm.

My only complaint is that we only got off the bus once. Of course, I was the youngest person on the tour-- by at least 25 years-- and I'm not that young. So perhaps he knew his audience.

I'd highly reccomend this tour. I'd been wanting to do it for years, and am glad I did.

4  Thank SeattleReebs
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We took the Best of the Best Tours Wind Farm (or Wind Turbine) Tour in August. We really enjoyed it. My husband, 12-year-old boy and 5-year old boy and I took the tour. It was two hours long, which I thought was just the right amount of time. Our guide was VERY knowledgeable, and he did a good job of keeping the tour at a high enough level for the boys to be interested, and enough details to keep my husband curiosity sated, since he would've liked to know every detail (his comment was that he would've enjoyed three more hours of the tour). The tour guide, Tom, also discussed solar and hydro sources of energy. dSince he worked in wind farms for years, he knew everything about them. A great tour. Very well done.

2  Thank TravelSushi