“RUN AWAY! This place is a 'cracked-out' mess”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Palm Tee Hotel

Palm Tee Hotel
Palm Tee Hotel
Ranked #61 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Southern California
“RUN AWAY! This place is a 'cracked-out' mess”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

I had my suspicions about this place. While checking in the manger “JJ” opened a drawer full of room-keys to sort through. It was so unorganized, yet so elementary! It took him several minutes to locate my room key. That was just the beginning… My stay included several requests for necessities that should have already been provided. Such as; toilet paper, towels, and even a weird request for blinds to complete my vertical set to allow privacy. This place is a joke! My old A/C unit worked when it wanted too. Many questionable workers and guests plague this hotel. I will never stay here again or recommend this place to a friend. It is not worth your frustration or your time!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank LeanCulture

Long Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

Definitely not recommended! The new owner has no sense of customer service, very rude, and apparently a drunk. When I arrived to check in there was no one at the front desk, so I had to wait about 20 minutes for the owner/manager (JJ) arrived. He had not prepared any of the rooms as far as stocking towels, soap, toilet paper, or cleaning very well. Several members of our party had issues with our rooms such as missing blinds, inoperative air conditioning, broken doors which would not lock. All of these were brought to his attention, but were not corrected. When asked again many hours later, he became very confrontational to the point that our friends decided to leave.

I will never stay here again, and recommend any other hotel in the area!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank kevin_lb562

Travelers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Signal Hill, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I made plans to stay at the hotel to celebrate a good friend's 40th birthday. When I called to make my reservation, the manager (JJ) took my credit card information and asked me to call him before heading to the hotel on the day of my trip. On the day of the trip, I called and left a message for the manager. I arrived an hour later than I had said and my room was not ready, nor did the manager recall our previous phone conversation. Luckily there were vacancies. I tried to pay for the room, but the manager said to take care when I returned from dinner later that evening (he seemed to trust me since our group had 6 rooms in the hotel). Although my friend and I placed our belonging in the room, we were not given a key (I guess this was my mistake).

When I arrived back to the hotel after dinner, I went to the manager's office, but someone sitting outside his door said that the manager went inside with someone and that he wasn't sleeping. We knocked at the door for about 15-20 minutes with no answer. I then went to the our hotel door to find that the dead bolt was left open, so that door was actually open for anyone to walk inside. I checked the room to see if the manager left a key, towels, and the bed he said he would bring. Nothing was in the room. I went to see my friends and asked if they knew how I could get in touch with the manager. They said he was flaky and "on drugs." I walked to the hotel's laundry room and grabbed a towel so that I could take a shower (thankfully I brought my own soap, since that was also missing from the room).

After showering, I went outside and I saw the manager sitting outside his door smoking. I went over to him and asked him for the room key. I also asked if we could have some toilet paper, and towels, and if I could have a couple of loose blinds because people could see in the room. The manager went to the office and asked me who I was; did I check in, what room was I in? I explained to him who I was and repeated our earlier conversation. He asked me if I had paid and I said that I had not, because he told me to do so later. He was noticeably under the influence of something strong. He asked me for my credit card and ID, and I gave it to him. He then asked me how much he quoted me for the room. I then told him the price, but that included an extra bed. I then asked if we could take care of the transaction in the morning (I asked this because I didn't trust that he could deal with numbers under the influence). He agreed, but asked to keep my credit card.

I then locked the door, and tried to open it with the key. The key didn't work. I went back to the manager and told him the key didn't work. After he tried and failed, he told me that I had to wait 30 minutes because someone else had the master key (note: it is now 12:00 AM).

My friend went to the sliding glass door and it was opened. I told the manager that the sliding door was open, but to let me know when the key arrived. He said that he didn't know why I was bothering him at 12:00 AM. I told him that he told me too. He then asked me if I paid (this question repeated), and if I didn't that I needed to leave or he was going to call the police, because he didn't want to deal with the situation. I was shocked that he threatened this since I made ever effort to pay, plus he had my credit card. He told me to leave, and then my friend said that I could stay in her room. This is when the manager and I went at it verbally.

I told my friend that I was leaving.

The manager came in the hotel door as I was packing and said he was calling the police. Then we went at it again, but his boyfriend told me not to pay attention to him and ushered the manager into his apartment.

A new man emerged from the manager's room. He started telling me to keep my voice down to not disturb other customers. I then malfunctioned, and asked "what the f%!* about me? Was I not a customer? All I asked for were things that should have been in my room, and the manager who is high is blaming me because he can't remember anything. Then I was being told the police were being called and I had to move my things at 12:00 AM.

I will end this review with the following words. I would NEVER recommend this place under the current management. If he continues to manage the property as he does, it's just a matter of time before his business fails.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
7 Thank mrldnichols
Glendale, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

I have stayed at the Palm Tee successfully for several years and watched it undergo different managers. It appears it has changed hands again late last year. The new manager JJ appears to be very inexperienced, and also does not seem to think of the comforts of either his guests or the neighbors around him -- they play loud disco/show tunes music all throughout the property (whether the guests want a quiet relaxing property or not, apparently!) and particularly at NIGHT, as late as 1:30 a.m.! This hotel is adjacent to a residential neighborhood and it was no surprise to us that the police were called while we were staying there. I usually stay at gay-friendly properties in PS, but this was definitely 'gay unfriendly' in that JJ argued loudly with his (apparent) boyfriend on more than one occasion. They seem to takegreat care to make sure their fancy cars are parked like a showroom on the sidewalk/parking area, but (something that really bothered me) they have *ungrounded* lamps/ electrical cords in the wet pool area, which is highly unsafe. It was impossible to get a quiet evening's enjoyment at the Palm Tee, which is unfortunate, since we used to be able to. I will not be returning until these guys make this property safe (no ungrounded cords/lamps near pool) and turn the loud dance/show music off at 10:00!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mary T
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

In January my husband and I stayed at the Palm Tee hotel. The proprietor, JJ, was the nicest and friendliest owner we have ever encountered. He met our requests promptly and made sure we were comfortable and felt at home. The suite was large, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coupleoffun
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

Very friendly small hotel with large, comfortable rooms. Owner was always helpful; quick to respond to requests. Beautiful view from upstairs rooms. On-line price was honored, even during International Film Festival. We will return, and we will again ask to stay in the "Marilyn" room.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2010

The Palm Tee Hotel has been the highlight of my trip to Palm Springs. The hotel management ever friendly and helping with my many requests made my stay a joy. My room was very clean, well appointed, as well as comfortable. As a long term guest, I highly recommend an extended stay!

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo