“One more delightful visit”
Review of Escape

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Escape
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here during Halloween Weekend and, as in past visits, this was another great visit. As with my previous reviews, the same holds true. Mark and Greg are excellent hosts; unobtrusive, but helpful when needed. A new employee Willian was also very pleasant, polite and helpful.
The highlight was an informal Halloween Party with the resort next door, which was a wonderful time.
The pool, as in all my previous visits, was clean, warm and very relaxing, as was the spa.

I'll be back again in the spring, thawing out from another New England winter.

Room Tip: The closer to the pool the better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Escape is a peaceful paradise!

It's a smaller boutique resort with 12 rooms, a pool, and a jacuzzi. The grounds are immaculate. The pool and the jacuzzi are sparkling clean. Other amenities include free wi-fi and a continental breakfast served daily. The Wi-fi is strong and reliable, and the breakfast spread is simple and clean. It includes fresh fruit, pastries, a variety of spreads, instant oatmeal, tea, juice, and coffee. They have a Keurig machine and have a variety of flavors including my favorite Dunkin' Donuts!

I opted for a 'Courtyard Queen' room. It includes a queen size bed, a bathroom with shower, flat screen tv with cable and a dvd player, a mini fridge, a microwave, a safe, a closet, an alarm clock, and a robe. This room also included two chairs and a small table. Just outside the room is also a table and two chairs. The room was clean and comfortable and the decor was modern with a hint of retro style. The housekeeping service was prompt and professional.

Escape is beautifully situated in South Palm Springs with a lovely view of the mountains. The mornings are particularly wonderful here. They play a gentle, meditative music by the pool -- that coupled with the view and the grounds makes for a truly blissful morning.

The owners Mark and Greg are ideal hosts. They are friendly and accomodating, but not intrusive. They hold a social hour every Friday and Saturday at 6pm, which is a nice way to meet the other guests if you're so inclined.

Like most of the gay resorts in Palm Springs, Escape is fully clothing optional. I was happy to be naked my entire stay. Escape is not a particularly cruisy resort -- it's more a place of relaxation and rest. But like any gay resort, you very well may get better acquainted with a new friend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank BrooklynOwner
Reviewed July 29, 2013

There is truly a dizzying number of hotels to choose from when planning a Palm Springs vacation but eventually I settled on this place and I’d say I got pretty lucky. I chose it based on two things, the website and a brief chat I had with the manager when I was planning my visit. I called to ask questions about the hotel and the location, etc. I was worried I’d get some place seedy and scary but this place was none of those.
I was here 4 nights over 4th of July weekend and had a great time. The place is immaculate and well-kept with really nice grounds and a great pool. The daily breakfast was good enough, nothing fancy but stocked with plenty of things to satisfy most. I had a double room, right off the pool with a cute little patio and it was still quite private. The décor was fresh and white and the bed was really nice and comfortable. It felt like a really clean, fresh beach house. I was totally happy with the room and can’t offer a complaint.
The owners were so nice. I found they’d be around when you needed them and away when you didn’t. They were friendly and helpful but left the guests to themselves.
This was my first time in Palm Springs so I didn’t know much about the town, but the hotel is literally 5 minute drive or taxi ride into downtown where the bars/restaurants are.
Loved my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank anthonytravels
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was my third stay here, and as always I found it relaxing and convenient. I arrived as a wildfire burned in the mountains above the city. Two days before my arrival, the owners e-mailed everyone with a reservation to warn of the problems with air quality and ash. They waived cancellation fees, and offered a discount for guests who still planned to visit. That really just went above and beyond for something that was totally out of their control. There was a lot of ash falling for a couple of days, but it was all good -- I had my choice of restaurants because so many people cleared out of town. By the end of the weekend the smoke cleared and the sun returned. A lot of people did cancel for the weekend, but I think the owners' actions left a good impression.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank MarcInSA
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We traveled to Palm Springs with family then moved to Escape after they left for some non-family time. (This is NOT a family friendly resort.) It worked out well as the resort we originally booked to stay at (based on their high Trip Advisor rating) was not what we chose after arriving. We toured several before choosing Escape Resort, and are so happy we did. Unlike some others, the pix on the their website very closely reflect what you get when you arrive. The staff was very friendly and around when needed but not intrusive. Our room had a kitchen and full size fridge which was nice, even though we went out most nights. The location is great as it is only a few blocks from downtown and easily walked. The room was nicely decorated with modern furnishings and well equipped. The breakfast selection and amenities were more than we expected for the price. We will definitely be back to Palm Springs and will stay at Escape.

Room Tip: The rooms with Kitchens also have private patios with tables for outside dinning.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seph B
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel.

The hotel was not very well cleaned. The rooms looked old, though they told me they were renovated only a year ago! Not a good job - the rooms already feel like they're 5 years older.

The hotel was very quiet, so that was fine.

The pool area was not very clean. I did not enjoy the hot tub since I was always the only person in it at night.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Not much else I can add to my previous reviews of Escape. Owners Mark and Greg continue to work hard on maintaining a beautiful resort. Best feature is the pool, which gets plenty of sun, and is clean and well-maintained. Rooms are clean, quiet and well-appointed. Very comfortable bed, as well. A large Flatscreen HD TV is nice, and plenty of DVDs available, or hook up your laptop to the TV for other entertainment.
I always like the morning breakfast with a healthy variety of cereals, fruits and plenty of coffee.

As I have previously mentioned, this is NOT a wild party resort...The guests are pretty relaxed and just looking to unwind. For those looking for more activity, I would suggest a day-pass at some of the other resorts, just a few minutes away. Evenings at the hot-tub are most relaxing, and nice to look up at the stars.

Definitely back again in the fall!

Easy walk to downtown with restaurants and nightclubs. In a nice quiet neighborhood also.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo