“Great Escape”
Review of Escape

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Escape
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were debating between this hotel and one in warm sands. Really glad we went with Escape. Our friends stayed at one of the more "active" hotels in warm sands and it was just nasty.

Escape was great. Mark was a perfect host. He was running around like a crazy person, but managed to make sure everyone was taken care of. And William is a sweetheart and a cutie!

The room was spotless. We were in one of the larger rooms and it was very nice. This was one of only 2 hotels I've ever been in that had an hd tv that actually got hd reception. I know that's really minor, but I've never understood 5 star hotels with huge tvs that only get regular channels. What a waste. The only thing I saw that could use improvement is that the showers are a bit small. I mean, we're on vacation, it would be nice to fit 2 guys in a shower... ;) Another guest mentioned they are supposed to be expanding them. I think that will be a great improvement.

We will be back.

Room Tip: The larger rooms by the pool are your best bet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed at Escape when I took a 3 day weekend in February. Really had a wonderful time. I had never stayed at a men's hotel before so I was definitely curious but it was really just a nice place with a beautiful pool. (One of the things I look for most in a hotel). Am I the only one who is going to mention the poolside honor bar. I have never been to a hotel where you drop money in a jar and grab something out of the fridge! That is probably a really random thing to mention but I was charmed by it. Room was great nice continental breakfast and great little library with books, movies etc. Owners and housekeeping staff very cool. Thanks for the great Escape.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is one of I don't know how many Gay guest-houses in Palm Springs. Most are more expensive or demanded minimum stays during the holiday period. At Escape it seems only gay men are accepted and we had a great talk with many people around the great pool area. Clothing is optional at this place. I liked the room, but please clean the floor in the rooms not just before we check in but also during the stay and then you'll get more stars easily.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at Escape, Palm Springs, after a few nights at a 4,000 room hotel in Vegas - what a change, and for the better. Mark & Greg have it just right. The property is immaculate, and a real oasis in the desert.
The grounds are perfectly manicured, with the lushest lawn I think I've ever seen. Pool and spa both available 24 hours, so perfect for a dip or soak after a late night out.
While we had a car while in town, we didn't need to use it at all at night - the best restaurants started only an easy 10-15 minute walk from the resort, so no need to drive.
The Mark & Greg had a 'social hour' on a couple of the evenings for guests to meet over a casual poolside-drink - a great ides, and it led to a few of us heading out for dinner together.
All in all, a great resort.

Room Tip: 'Courtyard King' rooms seem to be the better ones - bigger room, with small kitchenette and...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our first experience at Escape was delightful; my partner and I are already planning to return next year. This was also our first experience staying at a gay "clothing optional" resort in Palm Springs. After reading reviews of a multitude of such properties on this site, we chose Escape based on the impression that it is a quieter resort. We are so happy we did; it was just what we were looking for. Owner/Host Mark was polite, professional, and friendly. We received a detailed confirmation email immediately following our phone call to make our reservation. Check-in was smooth and informative; everything was explained to us in detail (breakfast, pool, hot tub, video availability, how to use the heating/cooling unit, how to reach someone if we needed anything, etc.). Our room was clean and comfortable. I especially liked the high ceiling, ceiling fan, white wood floor, closet space, complimentary snack basket, and the amount of light coming into the room through the many windows. The bathroom was a bit small but bright and clean with modern fixtures. The pool was pleasantly heated, and not crowded. The landscaping was lush and natural-looking, with large roses and hummingbirds to accent the beauty. After just one day we felt right at home. Mark conversed with us at length several times and seemed to genuinely care that all our expectations were met. If you're looking for a super-sleek glamorous spa, or a party haven, this isn't it - and I don't mean that in a negative way. Escape is quiet, lovely, and restful. Almost like having a cozy resort all to yourself!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrshowcase
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This place was awesome, can't say enough. The rooms are recently remodeled and have a clean bright modern feel. The beds are so comfortable you may not want to get out of it. The pool is always warm, coffee and contintial breakfasts are available.
The owners are extremely friendly, offering up tips on restaurants, shopping and night life options. They have also been known to throw small special brunches or you can also meet your hosts and other guests at one of the social hours.
Location is great I was able to walk to downtown within 20 minutes, and cabs are always available. Or if you want to stay in they provide you with a large list of delivery options from local restaurants.
Had a great time and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank 89KEVIN
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had a wonderful large room with glass on three sides affording me view of the mountains, the garden and the pool. The room was comfortable and well maintained. Perfect for a long stay. The staff are helpful but not intrusive. Being comfortably nude without a leering sexual overtone just added to the joy of the experience. I will be back soon. The room was quiet and easy to sleep in. Breakfast we a healthy way to start the day. The location and property are first cabin. This is my best experience yet at a clothing optional resort for men. I've tried them on 4 continents and The Escape is perfect in size and scale. I won't sign off with my legal name, but I will use my alias - Col. Mitch Rapp, USMT - Ret.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo