“Relaxing Atmosphere”
Review of Escape

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Escape
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a fantastic property to just unwind and enjoy the weather Palm Springs has to offer. Our room was fantastic and the resort staff was first rate. Anything we needed while visiting Mark was there to take care of from restaurant recommendations to things to do while visitings. The happy hour was fun and a great chance to meet the other guests. We ended up going to dinner with other guests every night.

If you are looking for a nice, relaxing atmosphere at a nice clean and fresh property this is the place to go...

Room Tip: Room 22 if you are choosing the larger room is really a good location. We stayed in 19 and was righ...
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Thank you, we are very happy you were able to relax, enjoy yourself and meet new friends! We appreciate you taking time to post your review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

This was our second visit to ESCAPE and we are now considering a further stay!
This resort is fairly quite with well maintained gardens, pool and rooms. The cleaning staff are excellent.
The weekend complementary Friday & Saturday 'Happy Hour' hosted by the owners gives guests a chance to meet up.
Many improvements and re-furbishments to the property have been actioned since our previous visit. (summer 2011) All for the good.
We had a room with full kitchen, and mostly did 'self catering'. A discount token for a local supermarket is attached to your room key which we found very useful when buying groceries etc. - A nice touch for saving!
Keep up the good work guys and hope to visit again!

Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Thanks for all of the kind words Guys! We are happy you noticed (and liked) the continued improvements we have made. Come back soon, I guarantee you will see more!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Loved this place, quiet, great surroundings, very cool pool and hot tub was best. Well maintained landscape, happy hours on week-end and would love to have it during the week as well to meet the other guests.
The breakfast was great (especially the fruit salads) and you can sit in front of your studio to enjoy the pool. Would definitely go back. Can be very quiet as most resorts during the week.

1  Thank travelgay
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Thank you! We are happy you like the style we choose as we updated the rooms. Thanks for the suggestion as well.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

This was my 4th annual visit to this property - two in its prior incarnation as Chestnutz and two as its reincarnation as Escape under Mark and Greg's attentive stewardship. Obviously, I really like this place! The room renovations have been completed and one can see subtle, small touches enhancing the less dramatic facets of the operation. For example, during my week's stay, the Dynamic Duo saw to the repaving of the parking lot and the repainting of its parking spaces. As a thank-you for guests' inconvenience in moving their cars and using alternate entrance and egress portals, Mark and Greg threw a thank-you reception one night with margaritas, chips, and an array of dips (this in addition to the regular Friday and Saturday cocktail hours). At the same time, they installed a new poolside ice machine. They've also added to the housekeeping staff to keep things up to snuff in an even more timely manner. I half-jokingly asked Mark on the ride from the airport if he and Greg were suffering buyers' remorse or were headed to divorce court. He assured me that business had been booming and they were pleased with the way things had been going. Escape was fully booked during my stay yet never felt crowded or harried. The general ambience (no "attitude" or posing among my congenial fellow guests with a comfortable, laid-back vibe pervading the whole place as it had under the previous owners' oversight) and welcoming atmosphere provide an inviting respite making Escape a welcoming destination and oasis. I've already made my reservation for 2013. My only suggestion is a repeat from last year. It would be great to have a couple torchiere lamps to lend guests (especially in the standard rooms) for night-time reading.

Room Tip: Bring an extension cord and maybe a reading light if you wish to read after dark in your room. This...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Escape has become my escape from the stress and fast pace of LA. Its peaceful, friendly, attracts an interesting diverse crowd, lush, green, close to it all... The rooms are well styled and the beds are oh so comfy! The owner's are exceptionally nice and accommodating. The pool and hot tub are well maintained and even though it was chilly outside in this season, its nice and warm by the pool. I got a great all over tan.

I've stayed there once before and loved it and the second trip just confirmed all my impressions of the first stay. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I was in room 21 this last time which is a standard room. I loved it - so quite and relaxing. Last...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Robert H
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I spent 4 nights at Escape during early October. I was most impressed with the resort, and the owners/hosts Greg and Mark/. Two very friendly, professional men who are doing a great job in running the resort. They were there to help out in anyway they could, but not over-bearing or nosy.

I stayed in Room 19, which was just the right size for me, I travel solo. VERY comfortable bed.Nice wide-screen HDTV with good cable selection of channels. Spotless bathroom. The swimming pool and hot-tub were also spotless. Very nice to sit out there at night looking at the stars.

During the weekend Mark and Greg have a nice pleasant social hour (6-7PM) where guests can mingle with each other, or get the latest info on area restaurants or other activities going on in town. They also provide a very complete breakeast each morning, with coffee, fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, etc....a Great way to start your day.

Prices were quite reasonable, especially as it was early October.

One pleasant surprise was the visit by a local RoadRunner, who would occasionally pop in to the resort and look around. Never saw one up-close before. And, of course, as soon as I went to get my camera, he took off.

The resort was very peaceful and quiet while I was there. Certainly good for relaxing and just chilling out at poolside. If I wanted the party-atmosphere and other action, there are numerous other resorts to choose from, but if you need to unwind, I recommend Escape.

Will definitely be back in the spring.. It is one of my favorite resorts in Palm Springs now.

Room Tip: The closer to the pool the better, but all are nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank versdeguy
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is Palm Springs! Relaxing in a sparkling clear pool with a great view of the mountains – all with or without clothes! The grounds are nicely landscaped and an added attraction is seeing so many hummingbirds. Okay, others may be looking for a different kind of wildlife, and that’s fine too. Thanks to Mark and Greg for making it so pleasant along with John, the housekeeper.

We booked a last minute trip to Palm Springs from Chicago. When we found out that our friend’s condo did not have internet, we decided to stay in one of the guesthouses. We found Escape online, and with the buy 2 nights, get 1 free special they were running at the time, it was very reasonable to stay for the 4 nights we were in PS. We were in Room 22, which is one of the superior rooms. Recommend them for the extra space. It also gives you more room to “entertain”. Room was pleasantly appointed, bed was very comfortable, and the kitchen was nice to have, even if we didn’t use it too much. Breakfast offered a lot of choices, so that was a good start to the day.

More and more of our friends own places in PS, and they’re always inviting us to stay with them. However, we enjoy meeting other guys from across the country and around the world. Besides, it's nice to have our own retreat to come back to at the end of the day, and have it one that we can swim naked in the pool. We are already thinking about our next trip back to PS, and Escape will be the first place we check for availability. The only thing we would have changed is to have more guests staying there. The weekend right after a major holiday weekend is a slow time in PS. From what we could observe, none of the guesthouses were crowded that weekend. We’ll plan to be there during a busier time the next trip.

We’ve stayed at some of the nicest gay resorts around the world. Pineapple Point in Ft. Lauderdale; Royal Palms in Ft. Lauderdale; Turtle Cove in Cairns, and Hacienda in Palm Springs. We found Escape to be a great value for the money!

Room Tip: If your budget permits it, choose a superior room for the extra space and full size kitchen.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple