“Relaxing oasis”

East Canyon Hotel and Spa
New York City, New York
“Relaxing oasis”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was in Palm Springs for work but didn't want to stay at a standard business hotel. I wish I could have availed myself a little bit more of the tranquility of this great place, but it was great to be in that environment for a couple of days, even if I was working in my room for a lot of it!
I did manage to get a massage and some pool time in (both of which were really relaxing) so it was a perfect mix of work and relaxation.
It's great to have found this hotel since most of my trips to Palm Springs are of the business nature. I seem to have now found a great place where I can get some R&R while I'm working.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 52USTravelerinEU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
british columbia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The website and blurb for this establishment in Palm Springs is very accurate in setting the tone of the hotel. During our four day stay, guests skewed towards a more mature and professional demographic. This suited us perfectly as we were looking for a comfortable relaxing escape without the 'party' atmosphere.

Rooms were nicely furnished, with very comfortable beds and a spacious bathroom and amenities. The poolside area is small but very well equipped and beautifully cared for. A substantial continental breakfast is included, that also provides a great opportunity for socialising in the morning.

It was a very nice touch to have the proprietor, Richard, doing his rounds and introducing himself to all the guests. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

I'm not at all surprised at the number of repeat guests who return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ikelmay
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I just got back from my second stay at East Canyon. Things are better than ever. First, my room (#24) was clean, quiet, and equipped with everything we expect these days (WiFi, flat-screen TV, radio, small fridge, coffee maker, plenty of towels and a comfy robe, etc.). The queen-size bed with down comforter was perfect for a restful night's sleep. Owner RIchard and staffers Michael, Carl, and the others were so pleasant and helpful! The club room has been renovated to a more contemporary design that invites folks to sit and chat a while - which we did!. I really like the breakfast selections - cereal, fresh fruits, yogurts, bagels and pastries, hard-boiled eggs, juices, etc. Delicious coffee too. I also had a lovely time chatting with the other guests. Very pleasant, not pushy, enjoyed exchanging ideas about what to do in Palm Springs. Indulge if you can in a massage and facial early in your stay. It really puts you in the Palm Springs frame of mind.

If the hotel experience you are seeking is upscale, sophisticated, and relaxed, East Canyon is the place for you. I'm definitely staying there again, and continue to recommend it to all my friends.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have great mountain views. But really, all the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rick M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here and will definitely return! Just what I needed for my weekend getaway. The spacious room, inviting grounds and attentive staff were all excellent. The breakfast offered each morning was ample enough to meet my needs. The cookies awaiting me when I checked into my room were a nice touch too. Very peacful surroundings and comfortable bed for sleeping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were completely impressed with the level of the hotel and staff. We arrived one day early due to weather and even though our room would not be ready till the following day Richard and his staff went out their way to accommodate us and our late evening arrival. The entire Hotel is very well maintained and the staff is very friendly and also there to help you with anything you need!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Iowabears
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 27, 2013

As a second time visitor to this property, it was quite nice to see the note on the bedside table upon arrival that simply said, "Welcome Back." That thoughtful touch really set the tone for my visit. I felt welcome and was truly glad to be back. The property is very well run in all respects. Kudos to Richard and his team for creating such a lush and beautiful backdrop in which to enjoy Palm Springs.

Each visit I look forward to Richard's Saturday afternoon "Happy Hour" as it is a wonderful opportunity to meet your fellow travelers and connect with your neighbors.

Thanks again for another memorable visit!

Already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was completely impressed by the East Canyon Hotel and Spa. We tend to shy away from "gay" hotels, as the majority seem a bit seedy, or not quite the experience we're looking for. The East Canyon is a refreshing exception. Our room was spacious, well-appointed, and included quality amenities. The patio area is beautiful and a relaxing place to get some sun or swim in the good-sized pool. I found the breakfast perfect, although I felt I should eat more to put even the smallest of dents in the abundance of food provided. They really strive to cover your every need ahead of time. Richard, the owner, was very friendly, helpful, and eager to make our stay special, as were the entire staff. We also met some very nice people over our week's stay, and I think the calm, relaxing, and pampering atmosphere Richard has created at the East Canyon Hotel and Spa is a testament to his fantastic hospitality. I'm still a little sad we had to leave.......

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple