“New Information!”

East Canyon Hotel and Spa
West Hollywood
“New Information!”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

If you’ve already read my review of East Canyon you know I’m a blissful-postulate. I’ve been back two times since then and in my last visit I learned even more information that made me excited, and sort of feeling like I had “missed out.” One of the lovely things I like about the place is the clientele that come, and hang out at the cocktail mixer in the afternoon, and the breakfast in the morning. This visit I sat with one of the lovely regular guests (like myself, in town for business) who told me about the New Year’s event that Richard the owner puts on. There is a little party for the guests on NY-Eve, and a big brunch on NY-day. It sounded really nice. I also learned that Richard is known for his holiday events and booking long months in advance is necessary. Good to know! I could have come out and done New Years with the guys!!
I also learned other information about the rooms. My last two visits I stayed in the Junior Suite, and I recommend them! I’ve attached photos. I liked Room 2, on the ground level… and then stayed in Room 27 on the upper and was surprised how much larger that room was! I had this thought about how fun it would be on New Years to have several friends come down and stay over with me in the adjoining room, and share the spacious seating-area. So, I have things to plan and look forward too for next year.
As always, one of the nicest parts of the stay is having coffee in the morning with Richard the owner. I look forward to it, as do all the regular guests. I confirmed this last visit when the guys came down for coffee to chat with him.
I highly recommend the personal nature of the place and Richard the owner.

Room Tip: I really liked Junior Suite 2 and 27. Althought 27 was almost too much room for me on an overnighter...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
San Francisco
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is our second Christmas holiday stay at the hotel. This hotel is actually small which is a plus. The staff is friendly and helpful and the owner, Richard, is there every day making sure things are going well. We have always enjoyed meeting the other guests and made friends along the way. The place is immaculately kept. We have not tried the spa services, but the pool and hot tub are quite nice. Wifi is complementary but a little weak in the rooms. It is a little on the edge of the downtown stores and restaurants, but not an impossible walk. A standard continental breakfast is included. They offer complimentary drinks in the late afternoon. Few seemed to take advantage of this on our stays which was a disappointment, as it would have been nice to be able to socialize. The rooms are large but a bit on the dark side. Be aware that if you prefer firm beds that you might find these too soft. We plan to return to this hotel on all future visits.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms seem brighter and more private. Rooms 21-24 face the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed here for 3-4 days as part of a holiday travelling around southern California from London. A great chilled and relaxing place. Very peaceful and friendly. They have a delicious breakfast - fresh fruit, juice, bagels and pastries, and the BEST COFFEE I've had in America. The owner also invited everybody for cocktails / wine on Saturday evening, which was a great way to meet the other guests in a relaxed atmosphere.
I have no reservations in recommending this place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2011

This hotel was great though not busy for the time of year. The weather was not that great for the weekend we were there so never got to use the nice clean pool! The rooms were freshly decorates and immaculetly clean. Though I must say the room was a little dark - I am going to put that down to the complete lack of sun.

Jason was ever so helpful in recommending restaurants and making bookings for us. This hotel is run with the finess of a larger property and offers the intimacy you expect. It is a wee bit outside of the centre but there was great restaurants within walking distance and a great wee tiki bar close by as well. Without doubt will stay there next time we are in Palm Springs.

Thanks

Paul

Room Tip: Make sure its sunny!
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My partner and I had the perfect 5 day getaway from the DC area. As Palm Springs regulars for more than 10 years, we were very impressed with our first stay at East Canyon. From our initial email contacts to reserve the room through checkout, everything was flawless. Perfect location on a quiet street, ample parking, wonderful ambiance, comfy rooms, delightful pool and hot tub, helpful staff, and friendly guests. Richard the owner checked in with us every day, which really made us feel welcome. The entire property was immaculate. Continental breakfast was plentiful and was more than enough to get us going for the day. Rooms seemed larger and better appointed than photos show, and the bathroom in our 2 queen bed room was quite large with ample storage and a nice large shower. Perfect!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This small classy hotel is hidden away under the mountains of Palm Springs. It doesn't have many rooms which makes it feel pretty exclusive and they all look onto the central courtyard where a inviting swimming pool sits.
Communication between Richard the owner and ourselves started as soon as I booked. Very personal from the off which made us feel welcome. We didn't arrive till late in the evening but everything was sorted and organised.
Breakfast is served in the club house and is the time to meet fellow guests. The breakfast is fruit/cereals/pastries etc more than enough.
the rooms were fantastic. The bed was soo comfortable as was the large sofa in the room.
Everything about the place was really nice including the hottub that was positioned right outside our room. It is not a seedy or clothing optional hotel and while we were there I would say had a slightly older cliental.
The hotel itself is just a short walk from the main street with the bars and restaurants.
Def would stay again and if I was looking for a hotel to buy that would be the one id go for!. So much charm and great hospitality

2 Thank cragrgoo
San Carlos, California
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the first time this past weekend and we were not disappointed. Richard was as sweet and accommodating as advertised as were the staff. There were many highlights including the beautiful pool, hot tub, continental breakfast, cleanliness etc... The best part for us was the relaxed atmosphere...a total diva free environment (and that's difficult in a gay resort). The guests were down to earth and friendly and many were return guests. If you're looking to hook up, go to the clothing optional resorts. If you want class and excellent service, East Canyon is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple