East Canyon Hotel and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Skylark Hotel(Palm Springs)
  • Breakfast included
Desert Sun Resort(Palm Springs)
Acacia Lodge(California Desert)
ARRIVE(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
WorldMark Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsother guestscomplimentary cocktailgay hoteliced teagay menyogurtbreakfast each morningthe entire staffhard boiled eggshome away from homevisiting palm springsviews of the mountainshot tubhappy hourmichaelgroundspool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2011

my partner and i stayed at the East Canyon for several days and had a really lovely time. The room was spacious and included a sitting area, and the bed was perfect. Staff was friendly but not annoying. Very nice place - we were pleasantly surprised that such a charming hotel existed in Palm Springs. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: the junior suites are worth the extra money!
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a great place! I highly recommend giving it a tryout.
I travel to Palm Springs every 6-weeks for business and have stayed at a number of other Gay and Gay-Friendly Hotels over the years, as well as have taken extended vacations in the area. East Canyon has always been immaculately clean and put together, friendly and relaxing. Richard the owner is always accomodating and such a lovely man.
My favorite part of my stay is always the big-screen TV/DVD viewing room in the lobby. Richard the owner has a full AMC collection of videos to watch. When I want to relax after my long day I pop his complementary popcorn and stretch out in the lobby for a viewing before heading to the lovey feather pillows and comfy bed in my room.
Recently I took a long weekend for 3-spa days and was blown away by the service. I should have tried that out long ago. I highly recommend having the full treatment by the spa staff... I had never felt so immediately better after as I had that visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Given the number of resorts within Palm Springs, for the discerning gay traveller you are spoilt for choice. This was our first visit to Palm Springs from the UK and we decided on East Canyon both for the Spa and also based on previous traveller comments. We were not disappointed. We arrived by 2pm, our room (Room 21 – highly recommended) was ready and available with freshly baked cookies and chilled water waiting for us upon arrival. The room was very spacious, with good air conditioning – essential in 100℉ heat, there is plenty of free parking available outside the entrance, a well proportioned pool, hot tub and lots of sun beds spread around. The inclusive breakfasts are varied and plentiful and set you up for a day either lazing around the pool or going off to explore the desert valley. The resort is located about 1.5 miles from the “gay strip” but only about 1 mile from 2 of the best restaurants in Palm Springs – Jakes and Trio’s – both of which we have reviewed separately… the mile is a pleasant one in the cooler evenings. A taxi back from the bars costs around $7 if the walk back is too much for some. The spa section offers some brilliant facial and massage treatments with knowledgeable and friendly staff. Richard, the proprietor and the rest of the staff were very helpful and went out of their way to ensure that we were well catered for and any questions we had were answered.

We will definitely return to Palm Springs in the future and to be honest, we would be hard pushed to find anywhere that is as good as East Canyon Resort and Spa – highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for room 21 if you can - perfect location in the resort.
1  Thank andysteve01
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Plesant low-key place to stay in Palm Springs. Richard the owner is super friendly and nice to talk with. The room was nice and comfortable, access is easy and there's a pride of ownership that's evident in the place. Breakfasts in the morning were more than expected. I'd stay here again.

1  Thank AlbyMpls
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Just like the reviews said, this is a very nice place. Richard the owner was friendly and stopped by several times to introduce himself, say hello, or just touch base. The other staff were also very nice. But more importantly, the place was safe, clean, and within easy walking distance to the north end of downtown Palm Springs were there are some great restaurants (Trio and Thai Smile - to name a few). We would stay there again.

1  Thank mplsguy40