“A great little hotel”

Hotel California
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
“A great little hotel”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Thanks to Curly, Jay, Mike and Kirby. It says something about a hotel if you can remember the names of the staff! Imagine a hotel run by your friends, this is it, they can advise you on where to go, what to see, they can even tell you which restaurant does the best pork chop (Lulu's by the way). We came here on recommendation and I would in turn recommend the HC to you.

3 Thank Mark T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I chose to stay here because of its ranking on tripadvisor. I'm so glad I did! There is not much I can add to the other reviews already posted...but, to second some outstanding moments: the gracious welcome, the personable service, the amazing room with complimentary snacks, the centrally located pool with misters which actually dropped the temperature (when I was there the temps were in the mid-90s), the availability of fresh fruit (and coffee)...all in all a first-rate stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank DrWJW
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Where to start? I came out with a buddy on a quick working trip.

Simply put, it's an amazing place. It's like a small oasis in the desert. The second you pull up and park, if you drove there like I did, you feel welcome. The minute you walk in, you feel welcome. I've never been to a hotel, and I've been to many, that offered me a cold water, a frozen water, a beer, a glass of wine or a cocktail right off the bat! Before I was even handed my keys, I felt like I was staying at a good friends home, instead of a place I had never been to before.

The second you talk to Curly, Kirby and Mike, you feel like you've made new best friends. I didn't get to meet to the owners, but I'm sure it would of been the same.

The rooms are fantastic! They come with everything you would expect. Very clean and comfortable. If you just don't feel like going out into the heat, sit back, watch some television or pop in a movie from their large video library. Need a computer? They have one for you to use.

If you want to do some home cooking while your there instead of eating out, or BBQ some ribs or steaks, there is a large, very clean community kitchen and big BBQ Grills. The kitchen which is stocked with fresh coffee, fruit, etc. and all the tools you need to do some home cooking. And, they have perfectly portioned bagged ice for anything you may need it for. Fantastic!

Need a bike? They have plenty of cruisers for you to choose from. Bike down to the main drag for something to eat, etc, etc. The pool was great. Right next to the rooms, easy access to it and you can swim anytime you want, 24/7!! I love swimming at night. Many places close down their pools by 10pm. No worries here!

All and all, I can see why this place gets such good ratings. I can see why guests tend to stay there again and again. And for long periods of time. For me, most hotels give you the nice, clean rooms. The pool and the hot tub. It really comes down to the individuals that run the hotel. They make it an experience. They make your time there memorable. I've been to a ton of hotels in my time, but I can't say that I've ever experienced that type of authentic and honest hospitality outside of staying with good friends and family. All other hotels, with their empty hello's and robotic service are now ruined for me now that I've seen how things can be done. Hahaha. I look forward to getting back to the Hotel California and seeing my new friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was an incredible stay, start to finish. From the complimentary wine at the beginning, to the quiet and relaxing pool area, to the bikes available and snacks in the room. There's no wonder why Hotel California is #1 on Trip Advisor in Palm Springs. It's amazing and we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Phil P
SoCal
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The customer service and the whole vibe of giving the customer more than they paid for makes this property standout. While other properties charge 'resort fees' with NO benefits, Hotel California charges NO resort fee, while giving extra benefits such as a fully stocked kitchen area with BBQ, bikes, 100 of DVD's, and tours of the property upon arrival with welcoming drinks and a welcome basket of goodies in your room. Within minutes on the property all the staff (Curly,Jay and Mike) know your name and begin the ritual of asking how they can make your stay more enjoyable...........and they really mean it. We had the pleasure of staying in three different King Pool rooms, and enjoyed all with Room 8 being our favorite.........We are looking forward to returning for another romantic adventure.

4 Thank SoCal10
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed July 23, 2014

If you want to escape the insanity of LA, this is a great small hotel that caters to adult clientele. The pool is in the center of the property allowing all guests the opportunity to spend the days by the pool with easy access back to their rooms. In the evening it gains a wonderful ambiance as a result of candles placed throughout the common areas. The team at the hotel, Curly, Jay and Mike will insure your stay is perfect. Make sure to hit up Bernie's for a cocktail and a great dinner only two blocks away.

Room Tip: Pick room 3, CLOSE to pool but quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ChromeBonesDad
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The team at the hotel made us feel very welcome from the moment we walked in the front gate... a big thank you to Jay, Mike, Kirby and Curly. The hotel was very peaceful, the room (number 1) was lovely, spacious, very comfy bed and sofas and had everything we needed.

Everything was just perfect and helped make our honeymoon very special. From our little bike rides (hotel provides free bikes), to the BBQs, the beautiful pool and Jacuzzi and the sun loungers.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are great for quick access when it gets too hot.
2 Thank Jenkins79