“Heaven!”

Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Springfield, Missouri
“Heaven!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently spent a long weekend with my sweetheart at Hotel California, to rest and relax after working too hard. We could not have been at a better hotel. The grounds, the room, the service, the owner and employees were the best. The pool apparently dropped straight from heaven. I will be back Larry! Hold room #8 for us!

1 Thank Alice S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The grounds are lush and designed to make many conversation areas. Watch out for the numerous humming birds, smile. Lucy, the darling young woman who checks you in and takes care of you will make you feel right at home(or else she will have some esplaning to do). There are beach cruiser bikes for you to ride, barbecues for you to use and a kitchen with even more than all the basics free for you to enjoy.There is a large basket of snacks free in your room when you arrive.We are planning to return next year and we haven't stopped telling our friends about the place.Kathy B

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We received a warm welcome from hosts Larry and Patty upon arrival. The room and bed were extremely comfortable. The surroundings relaxing and beautifully kept. My husband and I enjoyed the Jacuzzi under the stars. The addition of kitchen facilities if needed and even English tea were much appreciated. We would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: Found the whole ambience quiet and restful, so cannot specify any particular room, though we had roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Highly recommend this lovely hotel. The staff is more than welcoming and accommodating (drinks upon check in with tour so you know where everything is). The grounds are relaxing and zen inducing. You will not be disappointed! We stayed in the King Suite which was huge. It's like staying in a large one-bedroom apartment complete with kitchenette. We were in town for a wedding and the Hotel California escorted us there in a gorgeous Harley Davidson stretch limo (totally complimentary if you can believe that - please tip!). Thank you Hotel California for making our weekend one to remember!

Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Not your typical hotel chain. Entering the gate opened a world of beautiful foliage. It is peaceful and they do know your name. Definitely a circumstance where bigger is not always better. If you need anything, including a ride, they will take you 1st class in their awesome Limo classically styled in HD attire. We met Larry & Patty (Owners) Great people who take very good care of their property. Curly, (thanks for my ride) Kirby, Mike & KC treat you like your royalty. to the extent of a nightly ritual of candle/torch lighting on the grounds, keeping the atmosphere Hotel California. The housekeepers do a fabulous job, our room was spotless.
I really enjoyed the mist spraying from above while I bathed in the sun, it kept me from getting too hot. You can see it in one of the pictures I posted.
It is evident why they are number 1 on Trip Advisor.
We stayed in room 15, full kitchen/ Sofa and a wonderful seating area just out the door. They have a really unique little kitchen area for all guest to use, they supplied your morning continental style breakfast in this room however, you have all you need to cook yourself up your own breakfast (you supply your goodies to cook) Treats & coffee available around the clock in this area. (mmm, red vine) I must not forget the DVD's- Free DVD's, great selection plus a comfy room to watch in, read or play games.
Our vacation was all this & more, I just can't put in writing the emotions, the atmosphere, everything you feel while in the circumstance, its and experience you will just have to check out.
Hope to see you there! Thanks to all of you!

Room Tip: room 15 bottom level, awesome sitting area right our your door. full kitchen, sofa/TV area, just lik...
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel California from April 1 to 5, 2014. I am blessed to have a best friend who I met in my first year as a teacher. We have been friends for the last 30 years and Hotel California was the perfect place to celebrate our 30 year friendship. The hotel is lovely and was the perfect fit for us. The best part though, was the staff who went out of their way to make our stay as easy and comfortable as our 30 year friendship. Curly, Kirby and Larry were committed to making sure that we had what we needed and answered our endless questions about the area, weather etc.

We were able to walk to supper from this great location, we rode the bikes that were provided by the hotel to get to a farther destination, and the limo was there if we needed it. From the communal kitchen which was well stocked with fresh fruit and many other goodies -to a beautiful pool area for relaxing, Hotel California was the perfect boutique hotel for us.

We booked the Casita and it was a great space for two ladies who like their own bathrooms. It also came with a private patio and a grill to use. The kitchen was stocked with everything we needed to do a bit of cooking for ourselves (breakfast).

I highly recommend this amazing little piece of paradise in the desert and I would not stay anywhere else if I go to Palm Springs again.

Curly made a fun trip memorable. Thank you, Curly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lydia Y
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Back home in the Pacific Northwest, where "April showers bring May flowers," I am dreaming of the days I spent at the Hotel California! I know that Larry and Patty and their wonderful staff cannot create the perfect weather (although you'd think they did!) but they certainly do create a magical experience of friendliness, comfort and all the right touches to turn a lovely holiday into a perfect holiday. From the moment I walked through the gates until the day I had to return home, I knew I'd made the right choice for a relaxing and fun getaway. I booked next year's stay before leaving!

Room Tip: Larry and Patty will help you choose a room that is just perfect for you!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends