“Great Stay”

Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Atlanta, GA
“Great Stay”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and i spent 3 nights at Hotel California. Very impressive customer service by the hands-on management. We used their limo for the Thursday night street fair and it was convenient and timely. They also made dinner reservations for that Thursday evening which saved us an hour plus wait! We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
england
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Customer service is the key to success at Hotel california and Lucy, Jay and the team specialise in this. 12 neat clean rooms around a well tended pool with misters. Housekeeping staff always smiling, every one so friendly. Lots of welcoming touches such as the tea lights around the pool of the evening. Not quite in the centre of downtown but if it was you wouldn't experience the limo !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Unbeknownst to me, when I arrived for what was supposed to be a quiet weekend getaway, it was White Party weekend... I was staying at Saguaro and between the loud music, drug induced party goers, and wet floors, everywhere, it was not exactly what I'd had in mind. Three days later White Party had turned into Family Spring Break and the loud dudes were replaced by better behaved but just as loud children.

Finding a quiet breakfast place on the morning of my intended departure, I decided if Hotel California had an open room for that night, I would extend my stay by another day - and they did! I couldn't be happier about that decision. Jay Allan, Larry, KC, and everyone was so welcoming and accommodating. "Wine? Beer? Water? You name it. What can we do for you? You don't look very relaxed for someone who has been in Palm Springs for three days." :) Between the familiar teasing, the sweet jesters, and continually going out of their way to check on you... it felt like staying with an extended family.

I met amazing people there, got the peace and quiet by the pool that I had dreamt of and was kindly driven to the airport late the next day in their complementary Limo. I would happily return on a solo trip, a romantic vacay, or rent the whole place out for friends... and stay for at least a week.

Just writing about it makes me miss it. Thank you all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RayB450
Red Wing, ,MN
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The was the best little place we stated for our 9 day trip to Palm Desert, CA. We only had 1 night at Hotel California cause we were on our way home. I wish I could of stay another week. All the staff was just wonderful to us. IF you are looking for a small hotel (only 15 rooms) and a place that makes you feel like you are home this is your place!

WE will be staying there again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed April 4, 2013

It's true what the Eagles sang, "You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave!" Our stay at the Hotel California was total relaxation. No kids, no pets, just warm, sunny quiet. The staff could write a book on how to treat customers...they were always asking if there was anything they could do for us, if not anticipating what we needed. We will return and will encourage everyone we know to experience this oasis.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MikeHergert
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is my 3rd stay, which says everything. Read the 5-star reviews here and you'll get an idea. I will miss Jay terribly when he moves to Florida. [insert sad face here] LOVE the Stearns! You will not find a nicer or friendlier place to stay in Palm Springs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chamonix
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My stay at the hotel California was brilliant. Very comfotable room, spotlessly clean, ruly helpful staff. The airport collection was great, Larry informing me of places to go for coffee etc. en route and the Harley Davidson Limo proved an excellent treat for my Grandchildren when driven to and from our celebration venue for my daughter's birthday by Jay. I would recommend this boutique family run hotel highly. It has such a unique character. I shall return and would like to thank Larry Patti,Lucy and Jay for helping make my stay for my son's wedding and daughter's birthday so pleasant.I am now in France and en route to Australia and the memory of my stay will be with me for a long time. See you all soon I hope. Ann, Brisbane Australia and Chamonix France.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo