“The best welcome ever!”

Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Wigan, United Kingdom
“The best welcome ever!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We can honestly say that Lucy gave us the best welcome that we have ever had when checking into a hotel. The hotel California really is such a lovely place and has all those special touches. If ever we visit Palm Springs again we will not hesitate to stay there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
arizona
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had read all of the great reviews but weren't expecting such a truly nice experience. We have stayed at many small bed and breakfast places before; but although this does not advertise itself as such, we received more intimate attention here than we have at the ones that say they will deliver that type of service. All other hotels, motels, resorts, and inns should take some advise from the people here at Hotel California. I will not name all of the wonderful people who run this place for fear I'll forget one of them:) All are so warm and friendly that we felt as if we had to check in with them to tell them where we were going and check back in on our return to let them know how it had been-seriously. I am fearful to tell of all the great little touches throughout our stay since I don't want to have this place so booked in advance that we can never return (so I am keeping them a secret). I would like to definitely point out that if you are a person who likes to keep to yourself while on vacation and does not want to "mingle" with other guests, DON'T STAY HERE! One of the main things that made our stay so enjoyable was talking to everyone else who was there and relaxing with them. Keep up the good work and we will definitely be back!!

Staverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went on holiday to the sister property the other year and we have been equally impressed by The Hotel California this year. Lucy is brilliant at sorting out absolutely anything that you want to do and is so friendly without being over the top. We must say that they really do have the formula for making a visit into an absolutely fantastic vacation nothing is too much trouble and everywhere is absolutely spotless.Thank you once again for a great stay.

Room Tip: Any room that you can get! You need to book well in advance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MarkandLynn
Arlington, TX
Reviewed October 21, 2012

After a long retreat in the desert, I came to the Hotel California for an overnight before flying out the next day. It was just a perfect landing place, full of peace and great care. I stayed in Room 12, the tree house, and was completely satisfied with the visit, only wishing that I had planned more time here before returning home. Lucy was wonderful and welcoming. Jay was perfect for airport transportation. I only met Larry briefly, but I had spoken with him on the phone before my arrival. The whole operation was top notch, comfortable, spotlessly clean, quiet and relaxing. I definitely look forward to my next visit, and next time I will plan to stay longer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank AGuenzel
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just want to share with everyone who wonderful the staff at Hotel California are to their guests. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the warm reception we received upon are arrival by the hotel staff. This hospitality continued by every staff member we encountered until we left the hotel. The quaint, clean, and family feel really contributed to the providing a wonderful ambiance. The reviews are spot on about Hotel California. This place is a gem! I highly recommend Hotel California!

Peace River, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Look no further as this is the place to stay in Palm Springs. As you walk inside the gate it feels like you have arrived to your own little oasis. The staff are warm and welcoming and bend over backwards to make sure all your comforts are met. The well stocked kitchen and BBQ area were a hit with my husband and I. I love going to a good restaurant but it was wonderful to have the choice to stay in and have a meal and a great bottle of wine on our own little patio. The rooms are gorgeous and the beds very comfortable. We've stayed twice now for a week at a time and will come again. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JSahaydak
Shrewsbury
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at the hotel last year on a tour of the US, and decided to stay there again this year on our way to Las Veags from LA because it truly is a wonderful place.
Once again the welcome was unrivalled. We were given a truly warm welcome like we were old friends of the owner! We were given free beers and Lucy the manager rang and ordered us a pizza!
The place is a blissful oasis in the desert. A Spanish villa full of palm trees and hummingbirds surrounding a turquoise pool and hot tub. We had the same room as last time (ground floor) and it was just gorgeous. Comfy huge bed. Spotlessly clean. Kitchenette in your room. Communal kitchen with complimentary coffee, fruit and condiments. Help yourself to anythng in the fridge and pick from a huge selection of DVDs! There isn't anything bad to say about it!
We headed off to Vegas for 5 nights and decided to come back here for our last night to break up the journey and we were given a free upgrade to a first floor suite! We had a semi private balcony seating area with tremendous views, where we sat and ate our meal in the perfect calm desert heat, just basking in the peace.
There really is nowhere better for service and quality. We would live there if we won the lottery!

Room Tip: Choose any room, the whole place is great!