“I can't rate this hotel too highly”

Triangle Inn Palm Springs
Reviewed February 24, 2011

It really is worth visiting and reading the website for this hotel because everything on it is true. Michael and Stephen (and the lovely David as well) really will make you feel as though you are at home. I can't remember the number of times they have shown simple, practical kindnesses on the four of five times I've visted over the years. Your room (though even the basic 'studio' is more like an apartment than a hotel room and the higher graded accomodations are actually bigger than the flats most Londoners live in!) has everything you need, including a well-equipped kitchen.

There are many reasons people go to Palm Springs. As a European, I incorporate a visit on my winter visits to the USA West, simply to escape the cold and grey and to chill out. So, in a sense, for the few days I'm there, I really do want a place like home - but with better weather! The Triangle Inn fits the bill perfectly.

But if you want to stray further afield you can stay here and do that too. An important detail for other European visitors, who tend to try and manage without a car when they are on holiday, is that you can have an interesting stay here even without one. A taxi will bring you here from the airport in just a few minutes. You can easily walk to downtown Palm Springs and its shops and restaurants and bars to suit all tastes, there is a frequent bus (number 111) costing just a dollar a ride along the main highway which will take you to a supermarkets and larger shopping malls in the neighbouring Coachella Valley towns, and it's also only a few minutes walk to one of the smaller Indian Canyons (a nice way to spend a couple of hours). Of course, if you've never visited the area at all, then would be worth hiring a car to explore the Joshua Tree National Park, the more distant canyons and other attractions.

In the past, I have stayed at The Triangle Inn every couple of years: next month I'm going back again for the second time this winter. And I can't wait.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed January 17, 2011

I didn't know what to expect since I've never stayed at a gay inn before, but it was truly beyond my expectations. The hosts Steve and Michael are amazing, and it was great talking to them over great margarita. The rooms are huge, especially the closet, and the bed is incredibly comfortable. Then there are the heated pool and the jacuzzi. Can't say enough great things about my stay, except that I wish I had more time to lounge around during the day. I'd go back again a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2011

This was the most relaxing, quiet, respectful Resort that we have ever visited. Michael, Stephen and the staff treated us like we were at home. Actually, we stayed an extra day because we felt so comfortable there.

The accommodations by far exceeded our expectations! The rooms were very clean. The room amenities were plentiful (even down to a corkscrew). The grounds are very tropical and beautiful, and a special Thank You to David For all that you do to contribute to that beauty, as well as your knowledge of the area.

The people that we met there that were also staying at the resort were very respectful and not intrusive, and we definitely felt a sense of community! Thank you Michael and Stephen for making that environment so enjoyable!

We cant wait to return! So thank you for all that you do to make your guests feel so comfortable and welcome.

Bruce & Warren

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Triangle Inn is my favorite place to stay in Palm Springs. It is an incredibly well-run, well-managed, clean, affordable men-only resort, with a great pool, excellent and attentive staff, spacious rooms, and a very relaxing, enjoyable atmosphere. It's great to go there alone, with friends or a special someone. I've been there many times and never had less than an incredibly enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank WorldTravelerTodd
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for our 9th anniversary. We had stayed here before and loved it. We stayed for a yoga retreat and it was a completely different experience. Everyone (hosts and other guests) were very nice to us there was a great relaxing energy all over the resort. As always the rooms are super clean, nicely decorated and full of light. Unfortunately they are booked for PS pride but we can't wait to go back. We've stayed at different resorts in PS but this is the best place to relax and feel like you are staying with friends.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I have been coming to Palm Springs for many years. I have stayed at straight and gay establishments, some good, some not so much. Little did I know the treasure I would find in the Triangle Inn. Rooms are large and pleasantly furnished->not cold leather/metal nor kitchsy queer. They are tasteful, relaxing and quiet.

David keeps the gardens going and is always available to answer all of my questions about the flora and fauna. He is also extremely funny and a great asset. I am sure he would deny this.......Dan kept my room spotless, and explained to me his main goal was to make sure I was comfortable and never ever worry about keep the room picked up or in order->he was happy to do that and make sure my stay was pleasant.

Michael and Steven, what can I say. Unlike many gay establishments in the PS area, these two genuinely like people, are so very gracious to their guests, and always available to answer questions. I had been sick in July and canceled twice with no notice. When I called for a September reservation, the first words out of Michaels mouth were "how are you" vs. what one might expect->you owe us money for canceling without notice.

I leave the Triangle Inn relaxed and in a calm and peaceful place. My one bedroom appartment was lovely, the staff caring, and the grounds beautiful. I have been back many times and will continue to do so. Kudos to Michael, Steven, David and Dan!

Michael H. Portland ORegon

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We looked for a nice gay resort in Palm Springs, and Chose The Triangle Inn. Michael and Stephan (the owners) treat us as a good friends and gave us a feeling of home.
Our room was very clean and nice, stuffed with everything that we needed for our stay.
The public areas- swimming pool, jacuzzi, sun deck and gardens are all beautiful and very clean.
We could stay here much more then the time that we had.. and off course recommend about this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple